Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Need Your Thoughts
tenderhearts 08:26 PM 06-28-2020
We have a very large fenced back yard, a lot of area for the kids to play. We had been wanting a patio over hang for years to be able to buy some nice patio furniture and keep table with chair out there ect just a nice relaxing place for us to go for us. So we just are getting done with this cover and we are no longer wanting to keep the daycare kids bikes under there, would it be bad or wrong to not have bikes for the kids to ride on pavement? There are other push bikes which most of the time the kids take them in the grass anyways but I just want some of my home and space back. Like I said there is a lot of other space and things for them to do. Thanks
Josiegirl 03:25 AM 06-29-2020
Oh heck no, it's not wrong!!! I don't care what they say about it being a business, to me it was always my home first. If there was something I wanted or didn't want for dc, within regulations, then that's what *I* did. They can ride bikes at home.
BTW, I only allowed dcks to bring their own bikes for a very short time. Too much liability IMO. Ya always have enough to worry about safety-wise.
Cat Herder 05:57 AM 06-29-2020
I don't offer bikes because they require helmets and pads, here. Too much drama and maintenance. Parents can do bikes at home.

Enjoy your patio.
Ariana 05:59 AM 06-29-2020
My backyard is as boring as it gets! No bikes or ride on anything
tenderhearts 01:44 PM 06-29-2020
Thank you I feel better now about this decision. I got rid of scooter a few years ago for the older kids because I was tired of having to put helmets on the kids and buying one for each kid so I didn't have to adjust each time. The only ride on things I have are where they have to use their feet so no helmets required and they use them in the grass most of the time anyways. Thank you
rosieteddy 09:04 AM 06-30-2020
Just don't make your patio to close or comfortable .Otherwise parents will hang out to long LOL.
Tags:bikes, push bikes
Reply Up