Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Day Schools vs Home Day Cares
Candyland 04:53 AM 12-04-2010
I'm curious to know which "facility" most parents here use.
E Daycare 06:45 AM 12-11-2010
When I was in my early 20's I worked in a child development center when my husband was stationed in Louisiana. This place was new, up and coming and had great staff. When we moved here to Ohio and I worked in a daycare it was just that really. A daycare. A lot of centers strive to be the best for a child but I ended up changing professions as I got older. When we had our son last year and I had to go back to work I didnt want to put him in a center for my own personal reason such as more one on one care, home environment, closer realtionship with the caregiver etc... His home care sitter was amazing and her and I became really great friends. So when I decided to stay at home with my son I also decided to become educated and open my own in home daycare. Our sitter did wonders for my son and my family and I would like to return the favor to other parents out there.
Candyland 05:35 PM 12-12-2010
that's a wonderful life story, Erin; thank you for sharing.

When my kids were younger, I was able to stay home with them...never, ever considered any kind of care because we didn't have to. So, I was pretty thankful. However, I work in a day school now and I love it! I wouldn't have my job if my school parents didn't work.

I've been reading the threads here though and I am tickled pink at the concern, care, and love that goes towards home care givers and their little ones who come daily. Hugs to you all!
momatheart 12:44 PM 01-01-2011
I used to do home daycare, quit took a year or 2 off and now work in a center. I would recommend a home daycare for a small child. I personally feel that home daycares give your child more one on one. Centers are good for an older preschooler. 4 yrs or 5 yrs before kindergarten. JMHO.
Tags:day school, daycare
Reply Up