Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Relocating
TwinKristi 03:46 PM 08-12-2014
Has anyone moved from one state to another and successfully picked back up easily? We're considering relocating but I'm worried about starting all over again in a new place.
jenboo 05:09 PM 08-12-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
Has anyone moved from one state to another and successfully picked back up easily? We're considering relocating but I'm worried about starting all over again in a new place.
DH and I moved from san Diego to las Vegas 2.5 years ago. The move was smooth (no kids) and we both had jobs lined up ahead of time. Within 4 months we closed on a house. I quit my center job and nannied. A year later I opened my daycare which is booming!

I'll be honest. The move went wonderful but I don't have any friends (besides my sister). DH has 2. It has been the hardest part. We did make a few friends but they all moved away. There were times that it was really hard not having someone to hang out with. My sister has 4 kids so she can't drop everything to do stuff with me.

We are moving again to Arizona sometime after the beginning of the year. I hope we have better luck making friends there!
TwinKristi 05:58 PM 08-12-2014
Do you not like NV? I guess you like hot weather living in LV and then Phx!! LOL

As you saw Reno is on the list, were you licensed in CA at all?
snbauser 07:11 PM 08-12-2014
I did it. I moved from CA to NC 7 years ago. I was back open with 2 kids (most allowed unlicensed) within weeks of moving into our home and relicensed and full with 5 by the end of the 3rd month.
Controlled Chaos 07:48 PM 08-12-2014
I have never done this, but I think it sounds refreshing! You get to start over with a fresh clean handbook, contract, expectations, space set up...

Good luck!
spud912 07:51 PM 08-12-2014
Originally Posted by jenboo:
DH and I moved from san Diego to las Vegas 2.5 years ago. The move was smooth (no kids) and we both had jobs lined up ahead of time. Within 4 months we closed on a house. I quit my center job and nannied. A year later I opened my daycare which is booming!

I'll be honest. The move went wonderful but I don't have any friends (besides my sister). DH has 2. It has been the hardest part. We did make a few friends but they all moved away. There were times that it was really hard not having someone to hang out with. My sister has 4 kids so she can't drop everything to do stuff with me.

We are moving again to Arizona sometime after the beginning of the year. I hope we have better luck making friends there!
If you move here, we should meet!
KidGrind 03:55 AM 08-13-2014
I have relocated across country.

It was not easy to get back up, due to some shenanigans. Yet, when I got back up the enrollment happened steadily.
Second Home 07:39 AM 08-13-2014
I relocated to a different county , but you would have thought it was a different state . I had to re-do everything as if I was just starting out. They even changed my lic date to only reflect the new county.
Tags:moving, relocating
Reply Up