Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A Day in Laguna Beach
Michael 05:00 PM 04-05-2012
I promised some members I would post some pictures (I use the Nikon D7000) of my day in Laguna Beach. We went out early for some whale watching. There weren’t any seen along the California coast yesterday morning but we were fortunate enough to see a Finback Whale about 90 feet long. It would submerge for around 7 minutes and we would wonder where it would resurface again. It was several hundred yards away from us and with the boat rocking it was tough to get some good pictures. I've included one. There were also lots of dolphins. I included some pictures from our walking around beautiful Laguna Beach. BTW, I own www.LagunaBeach.com and have a place there. If ever in the area let me know.

daycare 05:15 PM 04-05-2012
I miss home!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I miss the OC......Thanks for sharing...bring back so many memories of 1000 step beach and those early morning runs.....
sharlan 05:30 PM 04-05-2012
Aww, my kids spent the day down at the tidepools near Corona del Mar. They said it was beautiful down there.

My other kids took a ride on the Palm Springs Tram today, said it was nice as well.
Michael 05:45 PM 04-05-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Aww, my kids spent the day down at the tidepools near Corona del Mar. They said it was beautiful down there.

My other kids took a ride on the Palm Springs Tram today, said it was nice as well.
Oh yeah, don't get me going on Palm Springs.
Lucy 06:11 PM 04-05-2012
Great pictures! I have a d3100 and LOVE it. What lenses do you have?

I love the clock picture. Do you edit, or are these SOOC?

I'm from SoCal, and will be in Long Beach and Venice in June. Also Arcadia and Disneyland.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!!
sharlan 06:17 PM 04-05-2012
Yeah, I've got one who spent the day down at Corona and one staying in PS for a few days while on spring break. And where's Mom, home watching kids.
Country Kids 06:18 PM 04-05-2012
Picture this-grey skies, hail, rain, rain, rain, and a mix of snow! Thats what I'm seeing out my window-

This is what I would love to see-

Part of the state received 11.5 inches of rain last month, we had 9.5 inches. The farmers have gone into worry over drive because they can't plant.
CheekyChick 06:32 PM 04-05-2012
Awww... I so miss Laguna. I grew up in Laguna Niguel, but spent tons of time in Laguna Beach. I even had my tonsils removed in Laguna Beach. LOL!!!

Thank you for the beautiful pictures.
Michael 01:27 AM 04-06-2012
Originally Posted by Lucy:
Great pictures! I have a d3100 and LOVE it. What lenses do you have?

I love the clock picture. Do you edit, or are these SOOC?

I'm from SoCal, and will be in Long Beach and Venice in June. Also Arcadia and Disneyland.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!!
Took these all in the same day. I really don't edit them. The are SOOC except for the dolphin and whale photos needed some coloring. I did reduce them in size for the forum. The originals are amazing.

Let me know when you come to town. We can have coffee and say hello.
Blackcat31 07:13 AM 04-06-2012
Those are absolutely FABULOUS photos! I could spend all day there taking pictures.... I am one of those weird people who see photo opportunities in EVERYTHING!

Nice job!!!

Hubs and I will be road tripping out to the coast (Newport Beach/Huntington Beach area) again in February 2013. I can't wait!
jen 07:13 AM 04-06-2012
Gorgeous!!!! Thanks for posting those. They really are beautiful.
SilverSabre25 08:02 AM 04-06-2012
Pretty!!! You're a good photographer; those are some awesome shots!

Makes me want to come visit sometime :P. My in-laws are in the process of moving to San Diego and it is "expected" of us that "every family vacation for the rest of our lives" will be to visit them in California . Photos like those though make me think that it won't be so bad!

(Also...not every trip we take will be to see them; I have broader horizons than that. Drives them bonkers!)
MyAngels 08:27 AM 04-06-2012
What gorgeous pictures! Thanks for adding some to my day .

I still miss my days of living ocean side (and it's been nearly 30 years)!
Tags:laguna beach, pacific ocean, whale watching
Reply Up