Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Suggestions on building confidence
Unregistered 11:02 PM 11-16-2016
I have a 4yo boy in my class who is becoming difficult. And it's a bit of a personality change. In the 3 year old class he was one of the best behaved kids. He was a tattler, a bit bossy, but that was it. Two months ago he moves up to the four year olds. Now, he is hyperactive, struggling to focus on directions, talks out of turn constantly, is easily frustrated, yells at friends, cannot handle not getting his way without storming off to pout. If I try to help he just argues and acts rude. Thinks his best friend isn't his friend if he plays with anyone else, and tells him not to play with others. He walks swinging his shoulders like he's the hulk. When other kids have something he doesn't he puts it down "that's boring".
I feel like his behavior is stemming from insecurity. In the three year olds he was a little ahead developmentally but now I think things have evened out mostly and he doesn't know how to act. He is concerned about losing his friend to other friends. No one buys his "that's boring" comments. How can i help him feel more confident and secure at school?
Reply Up