Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Love Garage Sale Season
BBDC 12:51 PM 04-26-2013
I love garage sale season for cheap fun new daycare toys! I scored big yesterday with some new stuff! And my kids today are loving it. I got a limbo set for like a 1$, some new baby to toddler toys and a horse bounce up and down for like 5$! and of course my step 2 roller coaster for 25! what is the best deal you got at a garage sale? I am still on the look out for some art easels!
MamaBearCanada 12:57 PM 04-26-2013
Sweet!
countrymom 02:28 PM 04-26-2013
i have that roller coaster. Its the best toy ever all the kids love it. Last weekend I bought a radio flyer tricycle, its small enough for my 2 yr olds and it folds up. I bought some red spray paint and it looks new. Now I need another one because they are all fighting over it.
daycarediva 03:14 PM 04-26-2013
Ohhh I want that! Just don't know how to store it during winter....
Patches 03:25 PM 04-26-2013
I got 4 pack n plays for $10 each at the last garage sale I went to. And a bunch of Melissa and Doug puzzles and some big knob wooden puzzles for dirt cheap and a HUGE bin of musical instuments for $3.

Love garage sales
rmc20021 04:32 PM 04-26-2013
In the olden days I used to pack my dck's up into my van every Thursday morning and off we went to garage sales. We even made up a song about garage sales.

We would pack a cooler and have lunch out.

The only problem I had was it never failed that SOMEBODY had to go potty while we were out. I wasn't going to drag every kid into a bathroom, or leave any in the car while I took one, so I put a potty chair into the back of my van.

It worked out great. When you got the fever, you can't just mess around finding a bathroom or someone else would get all the goodies.

The kids loved it because they always got lots of new toys and books.

Every single toy I have now has come from garage sales, thrift stores or Goodwill...including my storage units. Only thing I've bought new has been arts/crafts etc.
NeedaVaca 05:03 PM 04-26-2013
I can't wait to get started One of my favorite things to do in the summer & my 9 yr DD loves it too. I always find awesome stuff for daycare or just personal use, so fun! Last summer I found a lot of outdoor toys for the kids.
HomeMADE 06:31 PM 04-26-2013
Me TOO!!!! I got some daycare grade $400 shelving for $15 from a church, score.
Cradle2crayons 06:40 PM 04-26-2013
I've really got to make a point to make time for this....I need so much....
mema 06:59 PM 04-26-2013
Last summer I scored a FREE playhouse! There was a garage sale around the corner and the people across the street were moving. They set a bunch of stuff out on their curb. Dcg grandma walked dcg over, left, and came back to tell me it was there! Quickly got my dh and ds up to go get it before someone else did!
DaisyMamma 08:44 AM 04-28-2013
I LOVE garage sales! I haven't had time to start yet, but I'm looking for some stuff.

I also LOVE freecycle.org, since you ask for what you want and people offer it to you for FREE! It's the best! I've gotten a mini trampoline, pack & plays, baby swing, mini fridge and so many other things. One year I got a laptop!!
AmyKidsCo 04:11 PM 04-28-2013
Me too!

This sounds silly, but I got a pan .25. At first I was going to put it in the sandbox, but it's so pretty and has such a great sound that it's going on the banging wall instead.
melilley 06:34 PM 04-28-2013
I love, love, love garage sales! Almost everything in my playroom is from a garage sale or a hand me down! I just went to a neighborhood sale this weekend and there were so many people that I had to leave, you could barely walk or find a spot to park!
Sunshine74 10:01 PM 04-28-2013
I love garage sales! We are not quite in the season yet here- there are a few here and there, but not too many. But in another month they will be there.

Anyone have any luck with their own garage sale? I haven't really.
williams2008 05:57 AM 04-29-2013
I love garage sales too!!
As a matter of fact that's where 90% of my stuff come from!!
slorey 06:52 AM 04-29-2013
I love garage sales as well, but often buy things I don't even need because the price was too good to turn down We had a lawn sale last year on Memorial day weekend and made $600! I had soooo much stuff to get rid of, including tons of baby clothes and gear I didn't need for my business. I want to have another one this year but so far I only have some toys to sell which is the one thing that didn't sell well last year.
Reply Up