Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Curiosity Question for Those Who Do Older Kids
tenderhearts 12:07 PM 11-14-2016
I am really really considering closing my current daycare, reevaluate things for a few months then reopen taking ONLY kids 3 and up. For those of you who have done this, I'm wondering if you stay full (5 or 6 kids) and if it was hard to get the kids with such a specific age group.
It seems that I am all over the board with calls of all ages and with infants being a high need.
I just feel like I'm done with the smaller kiddos, I enjoy doing games, activities and with the younger group (especially now) I can't even as much as do anything with the older kids and I miss it so much.
Baby Beluga 12:23 PM 11-14-2016
I started off with a group when they were around 14 months old. They are all now 3 and 4 years old and I love it. With that being said, in my area it is difficult to get older children. Many parents want them enrolled in a school setting and only feel that brick and mortar schools can offer a preschool curriculum.

I have a 12 month old starting next week and am a little scared to have a 12 month old with 3 & 4 year olds. This is the largest age gap I have ever had and it will be interesting...
Reply Up