Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>For those with Employees
Sprouts 01:51 PM 01-15-2013
Okay,

So i have an assisant who is basically quiting. I would like her to sign a regination form or letter (just to cover my end) do any of you have a format for this?

Thanks!
ashleyh 08:35 PM 01-15-2013
In previous places I've worked (office setting helping H.R.) we had employees just write their letter of resignation with

Name:
Date:
Reason for leaving:

We kept it simple and put it in their file.
Abigail 08:49 PM 01-15-2013
I just hired my second employee so I hope no one quits because I need them both! LOL. If either decided to quit, just like a daycare family, I would tell them they need to give a written notice just like they would any other job. I don't want to have a form on file for them to grab because I don't plan on having employees quit left and right or I wouldn't hire them in the first place. I do have a general termination letter on file no one else has access too, but it's ready to go incase I need to let a familiy go again. That is more important because it's my responsibility to do that vs. having someone quit isn't my responsiblity if you get what I mean. If you have an employee manual (I'm terrible I don't yet, but I will work on one eventually!) then you could have a section how you would like the respect of a two week written notice, or at least as much notice as possible if they feel this isn't the job for them anymore. It doesn't always mean they leave on bad terms, it could be graduation college or moving as well so you don't need to make it sound bad. Simplicity like "If your career must come to an end at DAYCARE NAME please give a notice in writing with as much notice as possibly to give some time to find a replacement." Something like that is nice and simple.
Tags:employee
Reply Up