Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So Tired Of The Teething Excuse
sahm2three 08:35 AM 01-03-2012
One of the daycare boys was sick over the weekend. I know this because mom posted it on facebook. Today, boy is complaining of stomach ache and has had 2 diarrhea diapers. I contact mom and she said that he is cutting his molars. Ummm, nope. Come pick him up, mama.

Oh, side note, our colicky 13 week old is here today screaming it up like he is dying. I call mom and she also said she thought he was teething. Alrighty.
Blackcat31 08:39 AM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
One of the daycare boys was sick over the weekend. I know this because mom posted it on facebook. Today, boy is complaining of stomach ache and has had 2 diarrhea diapers. I contact mom and she said that he is cutting his molars. Ummm, nope. Come pick him up, mama.

Oh, side note, our colicky 13 week old is here today screaming it up like he is dying. I call mom and she also said she thought he was teething. Alrighty.
I just tell my DCP's I never exclude for teething but I DO exclude for some of the behaviors that are associated with teething. such as diarrhea, crankiness, fever, unusual fussiness etc etc...
Cat Herder 08:48 AM 01-03-2012
Sorry, hun....

It is that time of year.
texascare 08:59 AM 01-03-2012
I have made it a policy to not add parents on FB. I made the comment to a parent once and said "you can only blame it on teething so long and so many times".....this child was a screamer...i eventually had to terminate for other reasons.
JennyBear 10:58 AM 01-03-2012
Ahh..gotta love the teething excuse..

I really like the idea of adding it into my contract that children will be sent home sick if they have other illnesses/behaviours associated with teething. I'm going to add this next time I update my contract.
Crazy8 11:02 AM 01-03-2012
teething and allergies... I hear them each at least once a week all winter long!!!
mismatchedsocks 11:06 AM 01-03-2012
Teething and allergies is number one excuse i hear for crabbiness, nose running, coughing, not sleeping, not eating, being rude, late on payments, etc.
Live and Learn 07:49 PM 01-03-2012
I don't know how to attach a link.....if you google -mayo clinic teething symptoms-it says that fever, runny nose and diahrea are not symptoms of teething. Only drooling, swollen gums, and crankiness. I would add that to your contract and provide all parents of "teething" babies a printout of this info. Always exclude for any fever over 100 and diahrea.

Good luck.
sahm2three 08:17 PM 01-03-2012
Originally Posted by Live and Learn:
I don't know how to attach a link.....if you google -mayo clinic teething symptoms-it says that fever, runny nose and diahrea are not symptoms of teething. Only drooling, swollen gums, and crankiness. I would add that to your contract and provide all parents of "teething" babies a printout of this info. Always exclude for any fever over 100 and diahrea.

Good luck.
I would LOVE to have that website! I am searching for one now, but haven't found one.
Sunchimes 04:28 AM 01-04-2012
Here is the link:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/teething/FL00102
cheerfuldom 07:27 AM 01-04-2012
I get the "asthma" excuse ALL the time for anything from kicking, rude behavior, rowdiness......also get the teething and allergies
renodeb 10:31 AM 01-05-2012
I had a mom who blamed every thing that was worng with her kids on teething. It got old real fast. I know I maybe opening a can of worms here but I have a BIL that is a dentist and he knows for a fact that teething does not hurt these kids the way that parents say it does. He says the gums receed and the new tooth emerges, its not a tooth forcing its way through the gum like most think.
Debbie
sariejohnston 08:20 PM 01-30-2012
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
teething and allergies... I hear them each at least once a week all winter long!!!
that sounds like what i hear all the time a child is sick in my daycare... its so annoying and frustrating.
Meyou 04:20 AM 01-31-2012
I had a teething excuse for crankiness for 3 days last week. DCG wasn't sick...just a sourpuss and really grumpy. On day 4 when dad brought up teething again I said, "I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this isn't teeth...it's two and it's going to be terrible." Dad said he wanted another opinion.
melskids 04:23 AM 01-31-2012
In my illness policy, I also include "any symptoms that prohibit your child from fully participating in our progam or takes my attention away from the safety of the group for an extended amount of time."

That usually cuts down on the excuses.
Daycaremomof2 04:38 AM 01-31-2012
My one year old just cut her first molars. She had no diaharrea, fever, or runny nose. These were molars-the big boys of teething!! "Teething" is just an excuse for people to bring their child to daycare and justify to themselves that its ok to leave your sick child at your provider's all day so they dont feel guilty.

I am on a mom's forum as well, and so many mothers always blame teething, and call it teething from the start. I can't tell you how many mothers of 2 month olds complain about all of the teething problems their new baby have. "She's drooling- must be teething. She's fussy- must be teething. She's sick- must be teething." Then when no teeth come out for 7-8 months later, it's no big deal, because by then they forgot all about it. Seriously.... how many 2 months olds do you know with teeth?
Kaddidle Care 04:40 AM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I had a teething excuse for crankiness for 3 days last week. DCG wasn't sick...just a sourpuss and really grumpy. On day 4 when dad brought up teething again I said, "I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this isn't teeth...it's two and it's going to be terrible." Dad said he wanted another opinion.
Just wait until he hits 3!

My first son acted a little "off" one day at 3 1/2 mos. and I happened to check his mouth and there was his first tooth.

My 2nd son screamed about everything and teething wasn't a fun thing. I think the older they are when they teethe the more they feel it - tougher gums.

Still.. runny noses, soupy poops - nope, not teething. The parents may be stuffing them with juice bottles to calm them and that would cause the soupies.

I know most of you love to care for babies but our center is 2 1/2 -6 and we don't have to deal with "teething isssues". In fact, at the moment, we don't even have any in diapers!
Meyou 04:41 AM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by Daycaremomof2:
My one year old just cut her first molars. She had no diaharrea, fever, or runny nose. These were molars-the big boys of teething!! "Teething" is just an excuse for people to bring their child to daycare and justify to themselves that its ok to leave your sick child at your provider's all day so they dont feel guilty.

I am on a mom's forum as well, and so many mothers always blame teething, and call it teething from the start. I can't tell you how many mothers of 2 month olds complain about all of the teething problems their new baby have. "She's drooling- must be teething. She's fussy- must be teething. She's sick- must be teething." Then when no teeth come out for 7-8 months later, it's no big deal, because by then they forgot all about it. Seriously.... how many 2 months olds do you know with teeth?
There are kids that really struggle with teething although I think they're the exception, not the rule. One of my girls got teeth several at a time without a peep but the other struggled with every single one. Horrible drooling, red cheeks and rash, mild fevers and just miserable pain. The tooth would break through and her personality would change immediately. We kept her home from daycare several times because she was just miserable. her 6 year molars were the same although she didn't drool at 5. lol
Daycaremomof2 04:47 AM 01-31-2012
She definitely struggled, just no physical signs of illness, I guess is what I mean. I noticed she was teething yesterday, after wondering for the past week why my child was acting posessed! She threw her head back and screamed and I saw 4 corners of teeth poking out in the back of her mouth on both sides. I'm not saying it's not going to hurt at all, but I would love for someone to show me the scientific evidence between diaharrea and teething.
Meyou 05:05 AM 01-31-2012
She definitely struggled, just no physical signs of illness, I guess is what I mean. I noticed she was teething yesterday, after wondering for the past week why my child was acting posessed! She threw her head back and screamed and I saw 4 corners of teeth poking out in the back of her mouth on both sides. I'm not saying it's not going to hurt at all, but I would love for someone to show me the scientific evidence between diaharrea and teething.
Oh I totally agree with you there! My dd never had a runny nose or diarrhea but she was still a hot mess for several days with each tooth.
cheerfuldom 09:04 AM 01-31-2012
I think the point is that when a parent has been complaining about teething for the first 4 years of their child's life, it's time for them to wise up and see that it doesn't take that long for teeth to come in. Its an easy excuse so the parents dont have to do anything about the problem or admit that their angel is a little monster sometimes.
MissK 02:29 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by Meyou:
There are kids that really struggle with teething although I think they're the exception, not the rule. One of my girls got teeth several at a time without a peep but the other struggled with every single one. Horrible drooling, red cheeks and rash, mild fevers and just miserable pain. The tooth would break through and her personality would change immediately. We kept her home from daycare several times because she was just miserable. her 6 year molars were the same although she didn't drool at 5. lol
^^^ I agree. My daughters didn't have a problem at all with teeth. Our oldest just opened her mouth and had one one day! lol Now our youngest, our boy...has had a problem from tooth #1. never fevers or diarrhea or anything just crabby, not sleeping, red cheeks and horrible drooling. Once that tooth popped through he was back to his normal self. So while he definitely doesn't exhibit the other symptoms some parents think teething causes it definitely affects him differently and is harder on him that it was my daughters.
Unregistered 04:09 PM 01-31-2012
Any time that I or my husband isn't feeling well, we always remark that we must be teething...LOL! I have a 3 1/2 year old here part-time who is apparently a perpetual teether...I expect that she'll still be teething by the time her wedding day rolls around...
seebachers 05:27 PM 01-31-2012
I am crabby and ouchy today......at 41 I must be teething too
mommacat 11:17 PM 02-10-2012
I actually had a parent tell me that her,"teething child's diarrhea was caused by swallowing all that drool
AnneCordelia 03:59 AM 02-11-2012

Two of My own four children had two teeth before three months old and six teeth by six months. Notba fever, whine or anything out of those boys. :-)
saved4always 05:46 AM 02-11-2012
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
Two of My own four children had two teeth before three months old and six teeth by six months. Notba fever, whine or anything out of those boys. :-)
My own 3 kids never got fevers with teething. But I have had parents try to blame teething for fevers.

Parents will sometimes grasp at anything so they don't have to miss work. I understand, when I worked full time, I only got 5 sick days on a rolling calendar. So if I called in, I did not get that sick day back until that exact date the following year (call in on 2/10/2012, get that sick day back 2/10/2013). I was always on the edge of going over my sick days at which point I would have gotten a verbal warning. It was very stressful for me and I am sure I sent my kids to daycare when they were borderline sick because I was afraid for my job. That is when I decided to quit and stay home with my youngest. With 3 kids, it was just too much; someone was always sick. So it no longer made sense for me to work outside my home.

That being said, it is not ok to bring sick kids to daycare, tryiing to pass it off as teething or whatever. I can understand the stress of working but I don't allow sick children to come to childcare and I will send them home if they develop a fever anytime during the day.
MarinaVanessa 06:15 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by mommacat:
I actually had a parent tell me that her,"teething child's diarrhea was caused by swallowing all that drool
You can blame that on Dr. Sears. He's an author of some baby books. It's so rediculous I want to choke him.

There are a lot of doctors that disagree with him. ALOT, as in pretty much every other doctor there is. They also say that the stress on a baby's body could cause their immune system to weaken which causes them to be more susceptible to illness so baby's could possibly be sick while teething but the symptoms aren't directly caused by the teething ... in other words, baby's have a higher chance of getting sick while teething which is why so many babies get fevers etc. during this time.

I think the comment above about how a baby's gums recede is interesting. I'll have to remember that one.
sharlan 06:22 PM 02-14-2012
I had one child that had a horrible time with getting new teeth all the way through grade school.

He ran high fevers with every tooth. He also got horrible fever blisters on his lips and canker sores in his mouth.
jessrlee 04:56 AM 02-15-2012
I just cut my wisdom teeth and I ran a low grade fever, my nose ran, my eyes ran, I had a total attitude problem, and bathroom problems. Maybe I had a bug at the same time, but I gotta say I have a lot of respect for my little guys that do this all of the time.

As long as the parents are honest about illness I let "teething" kids come to care. I find it hard to figure out if they are actually teething or have a mild cold, as I would allow for both I just make them comfortable and apply orajel
MrsB 07:58 AM 02-15-2012
The swallowing drool excuse reminds of one time a mom asked me not to give her child milk because she believed that was the cause of the green mucous that she was coughing up and that continuously came from her nose!

Also had a mom bring bananas, rice, applesauce, and crackers and asked me to feed them to her because she was so nervous this weekend about playing in her peewee soccer game that she threw up multiple times.

Did she honeslty think I had never heard of the BRAT diet? Makes me laugh now but made my blood boil then!

Now I say if the child needs some type of special diet (acutely), they can't come to care.

I also have in my contract that if the child cant maintain with the flow of the daycare they they will need to be excluded from care, which may include symptoms of teething or allergies.

My husband has horrible allergies and at the start of allergy season he has to miss a couple days of work too!
MamaBear 08:04 AM 02-15-2012
So crazy how teething is contagious, huh? I'm also very sick of this excuse.
Angelwings36 08:11 AM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:

I have this in my contract maybe it will help you?

Teething can cause:
Increased drooling.
Restless or decreased sleeping due to gum discomfort.
Refusal of food due to soreness of the gum region.
Fussiness that comes and goes.
Bringing the hands to the mouth.
Mild rash around the mouth due to skin irritation secondary to excessive drooling.
Rubbing the cheek or ear region as a consequence of referred pain during eruption of the molars.

Teething has not been shown to cause the following:
Fever (especially over 101 degrees).
Diarrhea, runny nose and a cough.
Prolonged fussiness.
Rashes on the body.
Unregistered 02:34 PM 07-08-2013
And this is why I refuse to use "child care". Wise up ladies, there is no such thing as a teething excuse. My 13 month old is fiercely cutting some heavy hitters and is miserable with multiple symptoms. This has happened before and I'm sure it will again. I am an experienced mother and previous at home child are provider. Keep rolling your eyes. Ridiculous.
Cradle2crayons 02:44 PM 07-08-2013

My daughter had fever and diarrhea and crankiness and e whole gamut almost every time she teethed.

My son, nothing but mouth pain.

I've had a couple of daycare kids I've had since they were babies. I knew them very well like my own kids. They had fever and diarrhea (from the fever) with all of their major molars. Not with any of the others.

Several other kids with huge swollen bumps and cutting molars had minor fevers as well.

Now when I say fever I don't mean 101.5 I mean low low grade fevers.

The mayo clinic should know better than to lump all kids into one category.

Every child is different.

I do exclude for diarrhea associated with teething even if I see the huge swollen bumps in their mouths. As long as their fever is under 100.5 I don't exclude.

My parents, I guess they are just good ones, they know and understand that as long as its not more than two diarrhea and a fever over 100.5 they can come. They don't argue with me or make excuses.
Bookworm 02:53 PM 07-08-2013
Ladies, with all the "teething" happening to your DCKs, it's a wonder that their little mouths don't look like shark mouths.
nannyde 03:16 PM 07-08-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
And this is why I refuse to use "child care". Wise up ladies, there is no such thing as a teething excuse. My 13 month old is fiercely cutting some heavy hitters and is miserable with multiple symptoms. This has happened before and I'm sure it will again. I am an experienced mother and previous at home child are provider. Keep rolling your eyes. Ridiculous.
Your experience is with YOUR child. You don't have experience where your family's livlihood is dependent upon another parents medical opinion of their child's illness symptoms. If it was YOUR money and YOUR livlihood your opinion would be based upon your experience with OTHER people's children and their parent's opinion.

The vast vast vast majority of the time a parent attributes teething to a children's illness symptoms the child does NOT get teeth anytime close to the parent declaration of teething. When you experience THAT and the illnesses you, your children, and the other children get subsequent to the parents declaration you would learn quickly that the parent was wrong. By the time you know for sure the parent was wrong the damage is done.

This happens with parents of all educational and economic background. The educated successful parents are wrong about teething just the same as the uneducated low performing parents. Being wrong about teething is universal.

So providers have to decide their own comfort level and many experienced providers choose to limit access to child care based on what they KNOW not on a parents diagnosis.

This applies to allergies and ear infections too. Any childhood medical condition that is NOT contagious will be diagnosed with high inaccuracies by parents.
MarinaVanessa 03:43 PM 07-08-2013
I still stand with what I originally said. I have not had one Dr. ever tell me for certain whether or not fever, runny noses, or rashes etc were a direct result of teething. All I keep hearing is that "there is no medical research which supports this".

A simple Google search for "does teething cause fever" will pull up article after article that say that although teething may elevate body temperature by a few degrees it does not however cause a fever, just make sure to read the articles from reputable sources).

And from child development and health courses that I've taken I've learned that infants start to get more infections from around four to six months which is also when there is a decline in antibodies that they receive from their mothers which just so happens to be around the same time that infants can begin teething.

BTW I am also an "experienced" mother and am an at home child care provider. My kids did get fevers during the times that they teethed but the Dr's attributed that to another illness such as a common cold possibly from them putting their hands in their mouths more often thus exposing themselves to more germs.
daycare 03:44 PM 07-08-2013
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Your experience is with YOUR child. You don't have experience where your family's livlihood is dependent upon another parents medical opinion of their child's illness symptoms. If it was YOUR money and YOUR livlihood your opinion would be based upon your experience with OTHER people's children and their parent's opinion.

The vast vast vast majority of the time a parent attributes teething to a children's illness symptoms the child does NOT get teeth anytime close to the parent declaration of teething. When you experience THAT and the illnesses you, your children, and the other children get subsequent to the parents declaration you would learn quickly that the parent was wrong. By the time you know for sure the parent was wrong the damage is done.

This happens with parents of all educational and economic background. The educated successful parents are wrong about teething just the same as the uneducated low performing parents. Being wrong about teething is universal.

So providers have to decide their own comfort level and many experienced providers choose to limit access to child care based on what they KNOW not on a parents diagnosis.

This applies to allergies and ear infections too. Any childhood medical condition that is NOT contagious will be diagnosed with high inaccuracies by parents.
I agree 100%, unless the parent is a licensed, experienced practicing doctor, they can't not diagnose their child with WHY they are having_______________ symptoms. We just have to exclude for the symptoms regardless of what we may feel is causing them.

IT's always better to be safe than sorry...
daycare 03:46 PM 07-08-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I still stand with what I originally said. I have not had one Dr. ever tell me for certain whether or not fever, runny noses, rashes or diarrhea were a direct result of teething. All I keep hearing is that "there is no medical research which supports this".

A simple Google search for "does teething cause fever" will pull up article after article that say that although teething may elevate body temperature by a few degrees it does not however cause a fever, just make sure to read the articles from reputable sources).

And from child development and health courses that I've taken I've learned that infants start to get more infections from around four to six months which is also when there is a decline in antibodies that they receive from their mothers which just so happens to be around the same time that infants can begin teething.
that's some good information MV..

I was also told that the fevers could be contributed to the fact that a lot of teethers MOUTH everything in site, exposing themselves to even more germs...
Sprouts 06:21 PM 07-08-2013
Yes this makes the most sense! I swear every time I hear "teething or allergies" I squint my eyes, grind my teeth, and politely smile and just repeat the lines from my wellness policy, they leave , I then turn and throw my hands in the air...
Unregistered 10:05 AM 10-02-2015
Wow. If it's never happened to your own child, I guess it doesn't exist? Two of my three children had typical problems with teething. But my one daughter would get a rash, 102* fever, diarrhea, and horrible diaper rash, and sometimes even vomit. I would think she was ill, but the other two wouldn't get sick. Then while trying to give her Tylenol for her fever once, I saw her gums were big and red. As soon as the teeth popped out, she was fine. She usually would get the 'matching' teeth on both sides at the same time. I don't know if that made it worse, but for some reason teething was horrible for her. Whenever she would get this way and the other two were fine, I'd start looking for teeth. This might last 2 or 3 days, then she'd suddenly be fine, and have two new teeth that finally broke through. Well now she is six and just missed school due to fever, diarrhea, sore throat, and headache. I was afraid she might have strep. Then last night while helping her brush her teeth, I see that she has a big molar in the back starting to break through. Motrin helps a ton. It may not be common, but it happens. I don't care what any doctor says. I've had pediatricians that say they are not related, and ones that say they are. Funny, the ones that said they are related were women who had children of their own, and maybe saw it for themselves. Sometimes you never know until you've been there yourself. I'm sure some parents do misdiagnose things, but to say it's impossible for teething to cause such bad problems, it could never do that, well... that's just very misguided. You have no idea. Maybe you need to find a more suitable line of work.
auntymimi 10:23 AM 10-02-2015
Wow. If it's never happened to your own child, I guess it doesn't exist? Two of my three children had typical problems with teething. But my one daughter would get a rash, 102* fever, diarrhea, and horrible diaper rash, and sometimes even vomit. I would think she was ill, but the other two wouldn't get sick. Then while trying to give her Tylenol for her fever once, I saw her gums were big and red. As soon as the teeth popped out, she was fine. She usually would get the 'matching' teeth on both sides at the same time. I don't know if that made it worse, but for some reason teething was horrible for her. Whenever she would get this way and the other two were fine, I'd start looking for teeth. This might last 2 or 3 days, then she'd suddenly be fine, and have two new teeth that finally broke through. Well now she is six and just missed school due to fever, diarrhea, sore throat, and headache. I was afraid she might have strep. Then last night while helping her brush her teeth, I see that she has a big molar in the back starting to break through. Motrin helps a ton. It may not be common, but it happens. I don't care what any doctor says. I've had pediatricians that say they are not related, and ones that say they are. Funny, the ones that said they are related were women who had children of their own, and maybe saw it for themselves. Sometimes you never know until you've been there yourself. I'm sure some parents do misdiagnose things, but to say it's impossible for teething to cause such bad problems, it could never do that, well... that's just very misguided. You have no idea. Maybe you need to find a more suitable line of work.
Don't feed the trolls, don't feed the trolls, don't......
Blackcat31 10:56 AM 10-02-2015
Maybe you need to find a more suitable argument...

Why would any of the symptoms your child gets from teething be a child care providers problem to deal with?

It's your child. If she has any of those symptoms, keep her home.

Problem solved.
littletots 11:04 AM 10-02-2015
Originally Posted by mismatchedsocks:
Teething and allergies is number one excuse i hear for crabbiness, nose running, coughing, not sleeping, not eating, being rude, late on payments, etc.
Sing it, sister! love the late payment part.
Unregistered 02:24 AM 07-26-2017
Honestly for the amount of money people pay for infant care I wouldn't expect this kind of bad talking on the parent I mean I pay 1200 for rent on my home and 1500 for daycare I'm just lucky that my provider understands that I pay her bills and understands that me and my wife can't just leave work because of teething. What a bunch of bitter *****
hwichlaz 09:19 AM 07-26-2017
My kids all got diarrhea with teething...but no excessive drool. My theory is that they swallowed the excess saliva instead of drooling and it caused some runny stools. No fevers though.
Jupadia 09:25 AM 07-26-2017
My first had no symptoms and no problems getting his teeth. My youngest who is currently breaking molers. Is getting not runny stools but mushy ones. It is causing a bit of a diaper rash. Also gotten a bit warm this week but only to like 37.8c so barly even a fever.
With daycare though I do exclude with fevers or true diarrhea whether it's teething or not.
Pestle 10:15 AM 07-26-2017
What a bunch of bitter *****
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm raising my own child, and my day care kids, to smash the patriarchy.

Dude, I don't care the cause. If somebody's butt is leaking, they can't stay around the other children. And I won't keep a leaky-butt kid around your children. So on the day it's somebody else's kid who came to care with the creeping crud, be glad I sent them home and saved you and your family from several days off work. On the day it's somebody else's kid who's screaming so hard he can't stop to breathe, be glad I sent him home so that your own kid was able to get through the day and come home calm and well-rested.

You're welcome.
CalCare 10:50 AM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by Pestle:
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm raising my own child, and my day care kids, to smash the patriarchy.

Dude, I don't care the cause. If somebody's butt is leaking, they can't stay around the other children. And I won't keep a leaky-butt kid around your children. So on the day it's somebody else's kid who came to care with the creeping crud, be glad I sent them home and saved you and your family from several days off work. On the day it's somebody else's kid who's screaming so hard he can't stop to breathe, be glad I sent him home so that your own kid was able to get through the day and come home calm and well-rested.

You're welcome.
That "You're Welcome" sounded like Maui in Moana to me. And now I am imagining a whole "You're Welcome" parody from a childcare provider... "Oh and I feeeeed all your kids - Your Welcome!" ... "No need to pay, it's okay, you're welcome!" (JK make sure you bring the check or no drop off! lol)
Denali 10:54 AM 07-26-2017

You're welcome.
And that's it right there. When it's their kid leaking rank liquid poo all over how dare you send them home! It's our job to deal with it because they have to work. It's part of our job taking care of kids.

But when it's someone's else's kid with the exact same symptoms they freak and what to know why you are exposing their kids to illness and how they have to pull their kid because of the unsanitary conditions. 🙄

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Denali 10:57 AM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by CalCare:
That "You're Welcome" sounded like Maui in Moana to me. And now I am imagining a whole "You're Welcome" parody from a childcare provider... "Oh and I feeeeed all your kids - Your Welcome!" ... "No need to pay, it's okay, you're welcome!" (JK make sure you bring the check or no drop off! lol)
Omg!! I almost died choking on my coffee! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who thought of that song!
Pestle 11:56 AM 07-26-2017
Yeah, this is basically me in day care mode.

Michael 01:28 PM 07-26-2017
I banned the foul mouthed barbarian from the server.
Pestle 02:29 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
Awesome! Is there some way to restrict "bumping" old posts, either by giving only established users the ability to do it, or by locking all posts that exceed a certain age? Or is that not a function you'd want on this site?
Michael 02:46 PM 07-26-2017
Awesome! Is there some way to restrict "bumping" old posts, either by giving only established users the ability to do it, or by locking all posts that exceed a certain age? Or is that not a function you'd want on this site?
Our forum is well indexed by search engines because of those older, but still relevant, threads. When someone re-contributes to a thread, it again helps with a search to propagate higher in search results.
Blackcat31 02:53 PM 07-26-2017
Another option is to simply not feed the trolls.

No matter how ridiculous their post.
Pestle 03:09 PM 07-26-2017
Unfortunately, what usually happens is that somebody doesn't realize it's an old post and replies to it, and the whole thing gets set off again.
Blackcat31 03:12 PM 07-26-2017
Unfortunately, what usually happens is that somebody doesn't realize it's an old post and replies to it, and the whole thing gets set off again.
Oh, I know...trust me..I know.

Rather than reply to the troll or unreg that revived an old thread (unless it was for an honest reason) I reply that it's an old thread and leave it at that.
nannyde 03:41 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
I should have removed the curse words. Sorry.

I was just thinking the whole of the post reflects some parental belief systems and their vile behavior when they are given a no.

I'm coming across SO many providers online and in consults that are having parents cuss them out at their home in front of the kids.

It's crazy.....

I do apologize.
Tags:2012, excuses, illness policy, teething, teething excuse
Reply Up