Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Change in Rate
Unregistered 01:06 PM 03-04-2011
Hi, I am registered but I signed out for this one. I don't want to get slack for not a late pickup policy.

So I have this family. They are very nice people, always pay on time, respectful children etc. They have 2 girls and they were contracted for the older girl being here for an hour in the pm and the younger girl being here for an hour in the am. However, mom has constantly been late for the last 2 weeks. When I say late, I mean half an hour past my closing time. So I would like to write up a letter with the new rate reflecting their new hours. Right now I charge $30 a week for each girl. So $60. My rate for children that are before and after school is actually $40 per week so I plan on raising their weekly rate from $60 to $80 which seems like a large jump but they need to be paying like all my other families are. Also, I have never increased a rate during the school year. I always do it in September. So should I hold out to then or if I can change it now, how can I word it?
daycare 02:44 PM 03-04-2011
ok so ya get one spanking for no late policy...lol jk

I would talk to the parent and tell her the truth. You are contracted for X amount of time and you have been ______ late for the last two weeks. If you need to change your current schedule, there will be an extra fee of $__________. If you wish not to change your current times, then there will be an additional fee of $1.00 for every minute that you are over your contracted time.

I think I might have a few letters that you can have I will PM them to you if you want..
happykidschildcare 02:46 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Hi, I am registered but I signed out for this one. I don't want to get slack for not a late pickup policy.

So I have this family. They are very nice people, always pay on time, respectful children etc. They have 2 girls and they were contracted for the older girl being here for an hour in the pm and the younger girl being here for an hour in the am. However, mom has constantly been late for the last 2 weeks. When I say late, I mean half an hour past my closing time. So I would like to write up a letter with the new rate reflecting their new hours. Right now I charge $30 a week for each girl. So $60. My rate for children that are before and after school is actually $40 per week so I plan on raising their weekly rate from $60 to $80 which seems like a large jump but they need to be paying like all my other families are. Also, I have never increased a rate during the school year. I always do it in September. So should I hold out to then or if I can change it now, how can I word it?
Make the change and hand it to her...eye to eye say here are some changes you need to be aware of. On the same paper at the bottom you need to say something like this:

Daycare closes at 5:30 Theres a $10 late charge for ever 15 minutes you pick up after 5:30.

Thats my late charge example ( make your own) The ppl that are late get a lil note reminding them that $ plus your reg weekly fee is due friday I hand this out on thursday @ pick up. Just so they dont forget, LOL

ps never hold out or wait til the right time, there never will be a right time...and they will continue to take advantage of you until you speak up.
daycare 02:50 PM 03-04-2011
I would... I have no problem telling anyone that they are late and owe money. I will some times text them when they pass the 5 min mark and say Friendly reminder you're $1.00 per min charge has started, so please pick up asap so avoid a huge late fee....
thanks
daycare 02:56 PM 03-04-2011
On _____________________your child was ______________________early to daycare.

Prior to your child’s admission to our day care, we entered into to an agreement to follow all rules of the parent handbook and its policies. Below is a reminder of arrival and departure policy.
Arrival & Departure Policies

Each Family is contracted by the times agreed to in their contract. Please abide by your contracted times of care. Without giving proper notification to the provider, coming early or picking up late can cause chaotic moments for the provider and your child. Failure to properly notify (no text messages please) the provider will result in a $1.00 per minute charge for each minute that you come early or pick up late. (There will be a 5 minute grace period for both drop off and pick up) So please call ahead of time at least 10-15 minutes early so that I can properly arrange my personal or daycare schedule to meet your needs.

Should you need to change your current contracted times, please contact me so that we can make the proper changes to your current schedule. Please note that fees may apply.
Tags:letter samples, rate change notification, rate increase, rate sample
Reply Up