Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Definitely Closing Daycare
My4SunshineGirlsNY 05:48 PM 08-09-2011
So after a lot of thought and a good cry today, I have decided it's best on my whole family to close my daycare. My 4 girls have struggled with daycare for a long time and it has put a toll on my stress level for a long time now and have decided this is it.

I have a possible job, will find out for sure tomorrow, but they want people as soon as Monday, if I decline to start Monday it moves on to other people. I hate to put my daycare parents in a last minute situation with no daycare but don't want a job opportunity to pass by because who knows how long it will be for another.

Having said that, does anyone have any good closing letters I could use with deepest regrets of a super short notice? I don't feel good about such a short notice, but at the same time I'm not going to let a job opportunity slip away. Help!
Michael 06:16 PM 08-09-2011
You'll find many here in our earlier threads: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...closing+letter
Sugar Magnolia 06:28 PM 08-09-2011
Wow that's a tough one. I'd probably say something generic like "family emergency" or "medical crisis". Its not really lying, your own kids not dealing well with the daycare is a family issue. And we all know stress is a medical condition, especially if it causes depression. Maybe you can call other providers and inquire about immediate openings so you can have a small list for the parents you are dropping so suddenly. I'd also make it clear it is NOT a recommendation, only a courtesy.
cheerfuldom 07:13 PM 08-09-2011
I hope the transition goes smoothly and that the new job works out well. In my contract, I reserve the right to term at any time for any reason and do not guarantee any notice but I don't know if you have the same type of thing or not. I do like the idea of providing anyone else that could help out on a temp or permanent basis with childcare but letting parents know, its their responsibility what happens beginning Monday. You are not available for backup or anything else after this point. Luckily I have three good recommendations I would feel comfortable providing if this situation happened to me.
Tags:changing of the guard, closing daycare, closing letter, ending daycare
Reply Up