Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Does This Sound?
Snowmom 08:30 AM 07-13-2015
I'm doing my "A look ahead" newsletter and I need to address a couple things with my parents (a couple offenders and reminders for others).
Does this wording sound ok, too witchy or would you re-word anything:

September: Labor Day is Monday, September 7th. I am closed (paid holiday).
School starts up again after Labor Day, so our daily schedule changes and will be rather hectic around 8:30-9:00am to get school agers out the door. If you happen to drop off your child during this time, please be brief. If you need to discuss anything regarding your child, you can always call me.

I also need to be very strict with my hours starting in September. My operating hours are 7:30-5:30 (with 9 hours included in your weekly fees). Please arrive on time within your 9 hours. There are many days my family needs to be out the door at exactly closing time- please do not arrive at or after 5:30 to pick up your child. Even 5 minutes will throw off our schedule. If you are running late, you need to have a back up plan as I am absolutely not available after 5:30.
daycare 08:40 AM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
I'm doing my "A look ahead" newsletter and I need to address a couple things with my parents (a couple offenders and reminders for others).

School starts up again after Labor Day, so our daily schedule changes and will be rather hectic around 8:30-9:00am to get school agers out the door. If you happen to drop off your child during this time, please be brief. If you need to discuss anything regarding your child, you can always call me.

I also need to be very strict with my hours starting in September. My operating hours are 7:30-5:30 (with 9 hours included in your weekly fees). Please arrive on time within your 9 hours. There are many days my family needs to be out the door at exactly closing time- please do not arrive at or after 5:30 to pick up your child. Even 5 minutes will throw off our schedule. If you are running late, you need to have a back up plan as I am absolutely not available after 5:30.
when do you plan on sending this out?

Also do you have a late fee that you attach for late pick up?
Blackcat31 08:56 AM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by Snowmom:

I think it sounds great! Firm but polite
Snowmom 09:19 AM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
when do you plan on sending this out?

Also do you have a late fee that you attach for late pick up?
I post it on my parent blog. I do a "A look ahead" once a month, usually mid-month.
I do have a late fee, which I charge diligently. However, I don't want to even address it because I don't want parents to think it's ok to be late.
I need to be out the door at exactly 5:30 M,W,F, so I can't have them be late or I will get a late charge at my son's Junior K.

I just don't want to sound witchy, which my husband says I can sometimes sound when I need to be strict
Shell 09:45 AM 07-13-2015
sounds good! I was venting to my friend when I first opened about how annoying it is for parents to pick up late, and how so many of them do.
She said her daycare lady didn't allow late pick-ups period. She said she would have never even tried because it just wasn't allowed.
I really admired that provider- maybe she was kind of scary to the parents, but at least she got the point across.

I think you've stated it firmly but politely- if anyone disregards the rule, I would follow up with a possible term.
Snowmom 10:11 AM 07-13-2015
Awesome! Thanks ladies!
AmyKidsCo 01:03 PM 07-13-2015
I think it sounds good too.
Thriftylady 01:47 PM 07-13-2015
Based on what you said, I would make sure your late charge is enough to cover yours just in case. Sometimes the more firm we are, the more people want to push the limits. At least in my case.
Tags:newsletter, newsletter topics
Reply Up