Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Newspaper Ad Question
Francine 05:23 AM 06-06-2012
Does anybody know if it's legal to actually say in a newspaper ad that you don't take state pay? I know there are ways around it during interviews etc. but can I come right out and say it or is that considered discrimination?
SilverSabre25 05:33 AM 06-06-2012
Is it your choice not to take it? As in, are you ABLE but you CHOOSE not to? Or do you not want to because of a stereotype (well-deserved!) that state pay families are obnoxious and annoying and trouble-making?

If so, then that might be discrimination, but I'm not sure.

If you simply can't, or choose not to be able to, then I'd think that's fine to say in an ad. I see Craigslist ads around here all the time that specify "no Title XX" (state pay). Around here, you can choose to become registered with a certain agency in order to accept state pay clients, but not many people do it so it's a huge business draw.
Blackcat31 06:07 AM 06-06-2012
In my state we have to be "certified" (filling out a form ) or approved to accept state assistance so I don't see why we wouldn't be able to say whether or not we accept CCAP or not in our ads and on our websites.

Saves parents who are on CCAP the trouble of having to sort through all the daycares in the area and find which ones will and won't take state pay.
daycare123 06:09 AM 06-06-2012
I have seen ads like this in my area also. I don't think it's illegal around here. I'm not sure if licensed people would say something like that as that is part of being licensed that you can take state pay. I personally don't take state pay but i never put in an ad that i don't. That is something that would be discussed during a phone interview and such.
Reply Up