Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCB3 Taking Off Pants in Bathroom....
Christina72684 07:22 AM 05-01-2014
The past couple of weeks one of my 3yr old DCB has been taking off his boxer shorts in the bathroom and leaving them there. When I ask why he says "they're wet." Sometimes I see one or two droplets of pee, but that's it. I've told his mom about it and she said he doesn't do this at home. He's very a stubborn, hard headed boy that's difficult to understand, so when I tell him to leave his underwear on he basically tells me no. Sometimes he puts them back on, but not always. I have no clue why he's doing this now and how to stop it. Any advice?
Kimskiddos 07:25 AM 05-01-2014
Only thing I can think of is to be there in the bathroom when he's done and make sure they go back on. Likely only take a few times for him to get it.
Blackcat31 07:26 AM 05-01-2014
Accompany him to the rest room. Don't let him go alone.

Don't allow him to take his boxers off or don't allow him to put his pants on without the boxers first.

I have one who does this too but for mine, he is just too lazy to do pants AND underwear so he just picks one..

Making sure someone is with him in the rest room each time is the easiest fix to this issue. Ignore his protests or "no's" and just treat the whole thing very matter-of-factly as if it's no big deal.

You HAVE to be dressed (boxers included) to resume play, move on to the next activity or whatever he was doing prior.
spinnymarie 07:41 AM 05-01-2014
Yeah I had this problem just recently as well. As soon as I discovered the problem (another dck found loose undies in the bathroom!) he has to have me check for undies before he can resume playing after bathroom time. Annoying, but it shouldn't take long before he realizes it just isn't an option.
Heidi 07:42 AM 05-01-2014
I would just have him keep extras there. If he's feelign like they're wet, fine. He can change them, but he must wear underwear to play. shrug...

Give him a bag to put his "wet" ones in, send them home for refills the next day. He'll most likely get bored with it if you give him no attention for it.
Solandia 09:16 AM 05-01-2014
My own 4yo will change his underwear after every other trip to the bathroom, because they are "wet". It is one drop of pee...you know the saying..."no matter how much you shake & dance, the last drop ends up in the pants".

Well, I told him he could deal with the one drop, use t.p to wipe the last drop(dh eye-rolled that one), or change undies. Ds deals with it half the time, and changes undies the other half. I figure in a year or two, I will be pulling my hair out convincing him he must change his underwear at least daily, so i just go with it.
itlw8 12:38 PM 05-01-2014
make sure he is sitting then he won't drip on them and get them wet.
Heidi 01:06 PM 05-01-2014
oh..my sister taught all her boys to wipe after peeing, too. Why not? So, they'll probably quit doing it when they use the urinals, but there's nothing innately feminine about it, so why do men roll their eyes?
CraftyMom 04:39 PM 05-01-2014
My own 3yo likes to wipe his drips. He started this on his own, my husband also is like "what the..." Why is that? To me it's more sanitary anyway
Maria2013 06:39 PM 05-01-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
I would just have him keep extras there. If he's feelign like they're wet, fine. He can change them, but he must wear underwear to play. shrug...

Give him a bag to put his "wet" ones in, send them home for refills the next day. He'll most likely get bored with it if you give him no attention for it.

Play Care 03:30 AM 05-02-2014
oh..my sister taught all her boys to wipe after peeing, too. Why not? So, they'll probably quit doing it when they use the urinals, but there's nothing innately feminine about it, so why do men roll their eyes?
One of my big pet peeves! When I help with PT, I teach all the boys to "dab" after they pee. DH always chuckles over it.
On a side note, do men notice or care that unless they are freshly showered their junk stinks like pee? (I've heard )
Play Care 03:31 AM 05-02-2014

Ive done exactly this with my dc boys. I don't think any of them do it now.
Heidi 07:56 AM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
One of my big pet peeves! When I help with PT, I teach all the boys to "dab" after they pee. DH always chuckles over it.
On a side note, do men notice or care that unless they are freshly showered their junk stinks like pee? (I've heard )
very true! I think any woman who's been in an intimate relationship for more than 3 weeks knows this, because that's about the time guys go on "hygiene holiday"
Christina72684 09:33 AM 05-02-2014
very true! I think any woman who's been in an intimate relationship for more than 3 weeks knows this, because that's about the time guys go on "hygiene holiday"
LOL
Reply Up