Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Yay! It is Friday!! Weekend Plans?
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:04 AM 07-25-2014
I am going to go teach archery to a couple hundred cub scouts tomorrow! It was suppose to be 82 (not too bad) now they are saying 88 and chance of thunderstorms... oh fun! I really do love being down at camp. It should be an awesome day. Sunday is my birthday and my husband and I are going to the range so I can shoot for a while! Ds is out of town (training at the Olympic Training Center) so Dh has free time... and I am dragging him to the range that he is at every night with Ds!! Oh well. It will be fun shooting pistols.

Have a great weekend everyone. Enjoy your down time.
Naptime yet? 10:06 AM 07-25-2014
Happy Birthday a few days early!
DaveA 10:37 AM 07-25-2014
Good luck with the archery class. I can't hit the ground reliably with a bow. Don't embarrass him too much at the range- my wife hands my @@@ to me with a Glock (too many years with revolvers & 1911's for me). This weekend is a couple of odd jobs around the house and some time in my shop. Otherwise I've got a whole heck of a lot of nothing to do.

Happy Birthday
Christina72684 10:58 AM 07-25-2014
My 30th birthday is tomorrow (my husbands was on the 12th) so we are throwing ourselves (actually I'm throwing it for us) a big 30th birthday party with about 25-35 of our family and friends......and no kids! lol It'll be the 1st time my almost 1 year old and only the 4th time my 3.5 year old have stayed the night somewhere, plus it'll be for over 24 hours and they're staying at my aunt's who lives over an hour away. It's gonna be stressful but hopefully I'll let go and just have fun. Weather providing of course! 30% chance of thunderstorms and it's an outside party
melilley 11:01 AM 07-25-2014
Happy early Birthday!

Dh and I are just going to have a little fire and beer tonight and I have a baby shower to go to on Sunday. Other than that, grocery shopping and that's it.
melilley 11:01 AM 07-25-2014
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
My 30th birthday is tomorrow (my husbands was on the 12th) so we are throwing ourselves (actually I'm throwing it for us) a big 30th birthday party with about 25-35 of our family and friends......and no kids! lol It'll be the 1st time my almost 1 year old and only the 4th time my 3.5 year old have stayed the night somewhere, plus it'll be for over 24 hours and they're staying at my aunt's who lives over an hour away. It's gonna be stressful but hopefully I'll let go and just have fun. Weather providing of course! 30% chance of thunderstorms and it's an outside party
Happy Birthday tomorrow!
KiddieCahoots 11:14 AM 07-25-2014
Happy Birthday! To both of you!
I'm starting a week of vaca!
Nothing big, some day trips, some outside yard work, painting the swing structure, staining the deck.........gonna try and be lazy with a good book
Christina72684 11:19 AM 07-25-2014
Thanks everyone! I'm ready for some "adult time" as bad as that sounds lol But being with kids all day by myself and then having my 2 in the evening makes it hard to have real conversations lol
CraftyMom 11:47 AM 07-25-2014
I CAN'T WAIT to go see my 6 year old perform in Seussical Jr tonight!!

She has been attending a 3 week theater day camp. They have learned so many songs and dances and will be performing 3 shows between tonight and tomorrow!

She has had sooo much fun the last 3 weeks and made so many new friends! She will never forget this experience! In fact she's already talking about next year!

Sunday I am getting together with my monthly "breakfast" club. We started out going to breakfast once a month then quickly adding in a wine tasting after breakfast. We have come to realize it's all about the wine, but we're still "The Breakfast Club" In fact Sunday is our one year anniversary, so many memories made this last year with my wonderful ladies!
Blackcat31 11:50 AM 07-25-2014
Plans?

My weekend plans are to NOT think about work.

But, that will be a bit tough as I have several things to do in DH's shop this weekend (sanding, staining etc) so I guess that would be considered work-related since the things he built are for daycare.... *sigh* but I do enjoy the monotony of it all.

Happy Birthday Mrs Steinel and Christina!!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 12:26 PM 07-25-2014
Thanks!
I love hearing everyone's plans for the weekends. It is such a varied group.

I am doing a little prepping for next week this weekend, or maybe tonight, but not a lot I don't even think I am going grocery shopping. I am off on Tuesday, so I will probably do it that afternoon! I can make it through Monday with what is here and maybe a run to the farm stand for some fruit.
sugar buzz 12:26 PM 07-25-2014
All you lucky DC ladies, gettin' your party on! My kids start school on August 4--I have to go shopping for school clothes, backpacks, and school supplies. BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
CraftyMom 12:29 PM 07-25-2014
Originally Posted by sugar buzz:
All you lucky DC ladies, gettin' your party on! My kids start school on August 4--I have to go shopping for school clothes, backpacks, and school supplies. BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Already?? My kids don't start until Sept 2. Yours must get out way earlier though. Mine didn't get out until June 26!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 12:41 PM 07-25-2014
oh man! Although we homeschool and go year round. But, this is ds's last year and I will be done
sugar buzz 01:01 PM 07-25-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
Already?? My kids don't start until Sept 2. Yours must get out way earlier though. Mine didn't get out until June 26!
It's because last year, their school system went to a balanced calendar. They get two weeks off for fall, winter, and spring break. They got out the second week of June, thanks to three extra snow days added on. My DD's birthday is on the first day of school, and I never thought that she would EVER be in school for her summer birthday! I'm so jealous of your Sept. 2 start!!!!!--although it is getting a little Lord of the Flies around here, without the routine!
Baby lady 06:34 PM 07-25-2014
I am on VACATION!!

No day care till August 4th!
sahm1225 07:58 PM 07-25-2014
It's because last year, their school system went to a balanced calendar. They get two weeks off for fall, winter, and spring break. They got out the second week of June, thanks to three extra snow days added on. My DD's birthday is on the first day of school, and I never thought that she would EVER be in school for her summer birthday! I'm so jealous of your Sept. 2 start!!!!!--although it is getting a little Lord of the Flies around here, without the routine!
My kids school used to do the 2 weeks off for fall, winter & spring break and I loved it!! They just changed it to be the same as the other local schools.

For me - this weekend - I'm going back to school shopping and celebrating great grandmas 91st birthday.
mamamanda 08:17 PM 07-26-2014
My baby is due in 5 weeks so I am in major organizing mode! Cleaning out cabinets, closets, etc. Many small projects I hope to finish plus some one on one time with my son. Somehow it worked out for me to have a 4 day weekend so I'm thrilled!!! Happy Birthday!
Reply Up