Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Eve- Who's Working?
Sunshine74 08:18 PM 12-23-2012
So I am working tomorrow (Christmas Eve). I am going in at my normal time of 8am, and we are closing early- at 3:30. I feel I am in the minority having to work tomorrow, is anyone else, or are you all closed?
Daycarelady1979 08:22 PM 12-23-2012
I'm closed
WoodOx 08:36 PM 12-23-2012
I am closed, i no longer feel obligated to have to work christmas eve
Lucy 08:59 PM 12-23-2012
Closed. And also took the 26th so I can take down my tree and decorations.
Sunshine74 09:19 PM 12-23-2012
Originally Posted by WoodOx:
I am closed, i no longer feel obligated to have to work christmas eve
One of the advantages of working for yourself. Unfortunately I'm not that lucky.
Patches 10:05 PM 12-23-2012
Closed. Dont have any kids anyway
Sunshine74 10:31 PM 12-23-2012
I have my gingerbread house ready to decorate, and the NORAD Santa Tracker on my ipod. I'm going to try to make the best of working Christmas Eve, even though we are not going to have many kids.
MamaG 11:00 PM 12-23-2012
Closed Mon-tues.
MarinaVanessa 12:29 AM 12-24-2012
Closed Mon and Tues also.
VTMom 03:49 AM 12-24-2012
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
I have my gingerbread house ready to decorate, and the NORAD Santa Tracker on my ipod. I'm going to try to make the best of working Christmas Eve, even though we are not going to have many kids.
I'm open too (with plans on tracking Santa)! I close at 3:00 although it sounds like I'll just have one 5 year old for a couple hours this morning. I'm closed Tuesday and Wednesday. Because I have a home daycare, I'd rather be closed the day after Christmas so my own kids aren't worried about putting their gifts away and I'm not worried about getting the house in order on Christmas day.

Happy holidays!
LittleD 04:36 AM 12-24-2012
Originally Posted by VTMom:
I'm open too (with plans on tracking Santa)! I close at 3:00 although it sounds like I'll just have one 5 year old for a couple hours this morning. I'm closed Tuesday and Wednesday. Because I have a home daycare, I'd rather be closed the day after Christmas so my own kids aren't worried about putting their gifts away and I'm not worried about getting the house in order on Christmas day.

Happy holidays!
I'm open! I only have one kid until 12:15pm today though. I always open on 24th and close 25th, and 26th (Stat holidays here in Canada)

Plus I don't want to have to clean up all the toys and presents that haven't been put together on the 25th also! Christmas is hectic enough without having to scurry about getting the daycare set back up in time!
pandamom 04:55 AM 12-24-2012
Our center is closed Christmas Eve and Christmas. I hope your day goes quickly
AllDeezBabies 05:45 AM 12-24-2012
Yep I'm open today. I close at 3:00. I was told by all my parents that they wouldn't be here but what do you know, 2 have arrived so far.
daycarediva 05:54 AM 12-24-2012
Closed M-W.
Angelmichelle 05:54 AM 12-24-2012
We are open today and for 3 hours tomorrow (long story). We are closed from 10 AM Tuesday-Thursday at 10 AM. We have a late open on Thursday and resume our regular schedules on Friday. Our schedules fluctuate mainly due to nursing availability, however. We are considered "respite only" this week and next.
mema 07:16 AM 12-24-2012
I'm open technically until 3, but the ones I have will be gone just after lunch! I reopen on Wednesday. I don't use my daycare area for our family Christmas (separate living room), so my kids can make a mess and leave their stuff out upstairs or in their rooms and it won't interfere.
DaisyMamma 07:53 AM 12-24-2012
CLOSED M-W but I wish I were closed until the 2nd...
Small Town Provider 08:00 AM 12-24-2012
I have one today but he's a 3 year old that has been with me since he was 10 months old. He is playing with my kids and I can get stuff done to get ready for tomorrow After he goes home (probably around 4:30) I am off until January 2nd. Can't wait!!
melskids 08:08 AM 12-24-2012
closed today.....and until Jan. 2nd!!! WooooHooooo!!!!!!
satcook 08:31 AM 12-24-2012
we are open, but have only 8 kids. We are a center with about 150 kids, so we are pretty bored. Most people are coming in and working their 2 hours so they can get holiday pay tomorrow and then they are heading home. 2 of the girls who haven't been here a year yet are working all day since they are eligible for holiday pay and need the income. half the kids are leaving before nap so we'll only have 4 for the afternoon. We are closing an hour early.

Lori
dEHmom 09:31 AM 12-24-2012
I am open, only 2 kids came today. I close at 1pm so that's ok with me. We don't do anything until after 2 anyways. I'm gunna close at 1, clean my house as fast as I can, then we're out for the evening. Come home put kids to bed, and then you know what happens next, a whole lot of moving stuff.

Can't wait til tomorrow morning. As much as I am not the biggest fan of christmas time, this year was very good, and I imagine tomorrow will be a blast.
Hunni Bee 09:58 AM 12-24-2012
Me!

Im leaving now though....we had 2 out of 20.

We're closed tomorrow and Wednesday.
Countrygal 11:21 AM 12-24-2012
I am open a regular day. However, I unexpectedly ended up with 1/2 a day off! No one likes to work Christmas Eve!
Sunshine74 09:52 PM 12-25-2012
So we ended up with only 2 infants, 4 preschoolers, and 6 school age. We had 5 preschoolers, but we sent one home with her mom (who works there) and another co-worker left early too. By 2:30 we had 4 children left and we closed at 3:30 (planned). Our last three- a family- left at 3:15. It ended up being a pretty fun day, and the gingerbread house looks awesome.

And, I got a surprise day off on Wed!
daycaremom76 05:21 AM 12-26-2012
I learned my lesson in the past with Christmas Eve and now close, obviously I haven't learned my lesson for the day after Christmas cause I am open and the kids that are here parents' are home in bed! Who drops their kid off at daycare the day after Christmas and then goes back home to bed?????? I know during the year my parents take off and still drop the kids off here and it doesn't really bother me cause they pay for it but seriously the day after Christmas? These kids should be home playing with all their new toys they just got! I used to work out of the house when my kids were younger, our provider lived a cross the street from us and I still never dropped the kids off and went back to bed when I was off! They stayed home with me unless there was something I had to do that wasn't kid friendly (doc appt, etc......)
Fruitloops1 09:25 AM 12-26-2012
I was open and only had one itty bitty little girl. It wasn't bad she is always easy peasy. But I am currently updating my handbook and contract to be closed for the 24th and 25th. Anyone open for New Years eve? I am considering closing for that day too. OH and the day after Thanksgiving. I had one girl because the DCM wanted to relax and do nothing all day...
Reply Up