Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Taxes Are Done And We Owe..But Its OK
Provider_Manda 08:50 PM 03-05-2013
We went with a CPA for taxes because the home software we was using (H&R Block and Turbo Tax) was over $1400 that we owed. Went down today to sign and after the CPA done them we now owe $439, with a $105 back on state. After paying $200 Im ok with it. I know that this year I need to do better on my recipet keeping skills...But atleast its not an outrageous amount and I feel confident that it was done right
daycare123 06:03 AM 03-06-2013
We also ended up oweing about 600 between fed and state. But ours is due to my husband only claiming 0 half the year. I still may make estimated payments just so we won't owe a penalty next year if for some weird reason we owe again. Which I doubt we will owe next year. I also paid just over 200 to have ours done.
momofsix 07:08 AM 03-06-2013
May I ask how the CPA got your taxes lowered by almost $1000? I've used turbo-tax for many years and now go to a CPA but she hasn't increased my refund or decreased our tax bill at all. Were you missing some things that she found to claim?
Provider_Manda 12:23 PM 03-06-2013
Originally Posted by momofsix:
May I ask how the CPA got your taxes lowered by almost $1000? I've used turbo-tax for many years and now go to a CPA but she hasn't increased my refund or decreased our tax bill at all. Were you missing some things that she found to claim?
I assume I was doing it wrong, I knew I had messed up on the H&H Block one, by putting stuff in the wrong section. And he was able to get credits that didn't show up on turbo or h&r.

I knew I was doing it wrong that is why I went with him. He is retired from the IRS, he was there 21 years and done their audits..So I feel very comfortable with him
Provider_Manda 12:25 PM 03-06-2013
Most of my provider friends that live near me don't ever pay and always get a refund so they was shocked that we owed..But dh doesn't claim 0, and of course I pay nothing through the year. Im not sure how they always do it, but they get refunds..lol
MarinaVanessa 12:42 PM 03-06-2013
My husband and I file married but separate and he got back a good chunky refund but i have a feeling that I will owe this year. I was more conservative with saving my money last year and spending so much on daycare stuff, buying more used items and I made more last year than I ever did in previous years.

DH hasn't spent any of the money he got in his return yet just in case I do owe because I don't pay throughout the year either (can you?) but we'll see. My taxes aren't finished yet but have already been turned in so I'm crossing my fingers, toes and eyes hoping that I won't owe much.
Reply Up