Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice Needed--Midday Drop Off Issue
SilverSabre25 09:15 AM 10-15-2010
One of my newer DCGs is here all day on Monday and Tuesday and half a day on Friday. Friday she gets dropped off around 12:15-12:30 (so, right before or at lunch). After lunch, we have nap (right around 1 PM). Well, on Fridays her mom lays her down in the morning around 11 and lets her nap then. I'm freaking tired of it. I want to tell the mom that she really needs to QUIT with the morning nap when DCG is going to be here in the afternoon since she's here during nap--she doesn't have anyone to play with really, and since the parents aren't thrilled with TV I try to avoid letting her watch Sesame Street with my DD during this time. I guess what I'm asking is...is this fair to ask the mom to do for this one day (when DCG does fine with this schedule M and T), or should I just let DCG watch Sesame Street for quiet time, even though I know her parents aren't thrilled with the idea?

FWIW, this is the child most likely to get terminated when I have my baby.
laundryduchess@yahoo.com 09:24 AM 10-15-2010
I would let her watch tv with your dd and if mom says anything about it tell her that since she napped her at home, that is the activity going on at that time, if she would prefer her not to watch,.. to prolong her nap until she comes to daycare.
DancingQueen 09:38 AM 10-15-2010
I would be honest with mom and lay it out there.

This is our daycare schedule.
Because you have been napping her at 11 she isn't wanting to lay down again at nap time.
Can you please either not lay her down at 11 or drop her off after our nap time. I need to be sure all of the other children get the rest they need.

Let her know that on the days she is there full time she doesn't lay down at 11 and she does really well during rest time with the rest of your children.

I don't get it.. why would she nap her before she drops her off to you at rest time?
I'd never want to rest my kid before I sent him somewhere - I'd rather spend that time doing something with them.
Lilbutterflie 09:43 AM 10-15-2010
I don't see how a parent doesn't want their child to watch Sesame Street if that's the only TV they are exposed to. They love it, and it's educational!!! One hour a day will be good for her, not harm her IMO.

Anyway, since nap time needs to be quiet time for EVERYBODY, I would let her watch it and tell mom she will either be watching Sesame Street or taking a nap. Since she's already had her nap on Fridays before she comes, this is the activity she will be doing.

Does she do well with books? Will she entertain herself and stay quiet the whole time if you give her a bunch of books? Or coloring books?
Lucy 09:47 AM 10-15-2010
I wouldn't ask her to change the nap, as that could offend her. (You know how parents can be!) What I would do is just state the facts that since she has a nap before coming to DC on Fridays, the only way to keep the house quiet while the rest are napping is to have her watch Sesame Street with your daughter. What parent would have a problem with that? It's Sesame Street. Most parents who "limit" tv would have Sesame Street on their short list of allowable shows. I think she'll be happy because you're upfront about it, and if she doesn't want her to watch it, she will realize ON HER OWN not to have the girl nap at 11:00. Win/Win.
Tags:drop off
Reply Up