Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advise On 3 Year Old Boys
tenderhearts 08:48 AM 09-11-2017
I have 2 just turned 3 yr old boys in my care. One has been with me since he was an infant, the other has been with me a little over a year. Both these boys are good kids, lately they seem to bicker a lot. I know this is normal as they are here every single day together, but they know how to push each others buttons.
One of them is very bossy to the other and sometimes the other kids and is always worried someone, mainly this particular boy will take his toy away and even though he is not he will repeatedly tell him, "don't take my toy", and the boy isn't even near him, he interprets things that aren't really happening, such as he tells his parents the other boy wont play with him and "pushes" him away, which is not true, it is true the other boy doesn't always play with him, but this particular boy doesn't really sit and play long periods with anyone, he's much more independent. I have heard the one boy ask if he can play with him and the other boy will just get up so I think the other boy thinks he is being mean when it's just him, that's how he is.
I usually let them do the bickering as long as they aren't being mean or it doesn't progress into shouting which it never does, it ends quickly.
Is there anything I can do to coach these two or is this normal and they will learn? Oh and it's like they are competing with each other at times. But both of these boys are super sweet, neither of them are mean, or aggressive in any way and I have no issues with either of them. They just seem to with each other at times. Oh and it's not like they never play with each other.
hwichlaz 09:23 AM 09-11-2017
Separate them. When kids start bickering, esp sibling pairs, it works really well to separate them.

Even if they are getting along at the moment... "I'm sorry, you aren't allowed to play together today."
Tags:3 year old, boys, fighting
Reply Up