Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What A Way To Start Off My Monday!
MamaBear 07:54 AM 05-02-2011
OMG... The scariest thing just happened to me! One of my DCMs was dropping off her son at the door when my cat dashes in with a LIVE MOUSE in her mouth!!!! The tail was wiggling! Me, the DCM and my older son were chasing the cat all over the house trying to get her to run outside with it, but instead she hides behind the couch with it!!!

The DCM had to leave for work, and my son got picked up for his ride to school... so it was just me, my cat, the mouse and my daycare kids all standing on the couch in the other livingroom looking totally confused! lol

I ended up chasing my stupid cat upstairs where she runs under my sons million pound bunkbed with the mouse... I try to chase her back out, but she just leaves the mouse like she doesnt want it now! UGH!!!

I grab a small towel just in time because that little mouse comes racing out from under the bed! I scream like a crazy woman and throw the towel on it, pick it up and run back downstairs and out the backyard like I've never ran before! Screaming all the way! hahaha! I threw the whole towel outside and the little mouse goes racing out of our yard.

OMG... Its been about 10 minutes and my heart is still racing!!! What a way to start my Monday huh? Not to mention my kiddos! They thought it was funny! They were laughing at me running thinking I was playing Now I need to text the mom so shes not worried about a mouse in our house! haha

Hoping for a calm rest of the day here!
laundrymom 07:57 AM 05-02-2011
Thank you!!!! For the laugh. Lol. I thought I was the only one these things happened to. Lol.
SilverSabre25 07:59 AM 05-02-2011
hahaha I remember my first encounter with my cat bringing me a live "friend" to play with! My reaction was similar to yours...shrieking! Your kitty way just trying to share the fun!

Thankfully my cat usually brings me dead critters. Everything from moles to praying mantises (no wait, that one was still alive...).
AfterSchoolMom 07:59 AM 05-02-2011
OMG! I had a very similar thing happen a couple of months ago! I trapped my mouse under a bowl though, then had no way to get it outside! You poor thing! I bet that mouse is going "whew!".
MyAngels 08:01 AM 05-02-2011
Reminds me of the time I found a squirrel splashing around in my toilet...
SilverSabre25 08:02 AM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Reminds me of the time I found a squirrel splashing around in my toilet...
now THAT is funny! How the heck did that happen?!
Blackcat31 08:03 AM 05-02-2011
Too funny!!!!

My cat brings chipmunks in. ALIVE!!! and wouldn't ya know...the chipmunks look at me like I am the one who is going to save them so they run towards me!!! Had one run up my leg and hang on.....I'm like, "Look, you are cute and all but you gotta go out!!! NOW!!!" Thankfully, I grew up in the woods with 4 brothers and I am not freaked out by those types of things...just their swiftness.
AfterSchoolMom 08:06 AM 05-02-2011
My grandmother's cat brought in a BAT and a SNAKE, both very much alive.

I want to hear more about the squirrel too! lol!
MyAngels 08:08 AM 05-02-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
now THAT is funny! How the heck did that happen?!
We're pretty sure it climbed in through the dryer vent. We came home one afternoon to hear splashing in the bathroom and when I opened the toilet lid it literally flew out at me. I assume it got in and the lid closed on it.

It took us nearly two hours to get it out of the house, and involved peanut butter, a broom, a shovel, a steamer trunk and plenty of hysterics (from me) and laughter (from my hubby and our children).

My hubs can keep an entire room in stitches for half an hour telling this story .
MamaBear 08:27 AM 05-02-2011
Oh my gosh... If I had a snake, squirrel or bat come in here, I'd probably have a heart attack! I've only lived in suburbs so rodents and me dont mix. I'm a big scaredy cat when it comes to that stuff! LOL! Im proud of myself for actually picking it up without calling my husband, but man... that took a lot for me to do even that! haha
Zoe 08:41 AM 05-02-2011
Ok, now I feel better! We live next to a bluff so we have mice coming in right now and I feel like my house is "unclean". Now I know I'm not the only one!

Saturday morning my husband woke up and saw what he thought was a chewed up toy in my son's room. Upon closer inspection he saw that it was a dead mouse! My 14 yo cat actually caught and killed a mouse!

I was so proud of my kitty! Also grateful that my hubby got up first.
MsMe 12:58 PM 05-02-2011
We have had a bat and mouse in the house. The bat was actualy in a plant we recieved congratulations us on opening the daycare!! it was me, my partner, two DCMs and the little boy that spotted it standing in the kitchen when we realized what he was telling us we all (women) started screamign and ran out of the house....it was a full minute before we realized we left five children inside!!

We ran back inside grabbed the plant and threw it is the yard. The bat left teh plant but only ever went halfway up the tree that was five feet away. A DCD took it away at the end of the day. The plant stayed in the yard for three days untill my father came over and got rid of it.
KEG123 01:07 PM 05-02-2011
LOL I love this thread. One time I'm sitting here in the kitchen on the computer when out from the basement flies a BIRD. FROM OUR BASEMENT? WTF!!! LOL I freaked, ran out and got dbf who is scared of birds. We were both like uhhh uhhh wtf... so funny when things like that happen. We still have NO idea how it even got inside, let alone in our basement.
MamaBear 02:17 PM 05-02-2011
[quote=KEG123;107886]LOL I love this thread. One time I'm sitting here in the kitchen on the computer when out from the basement flies a BIRD. FROM OUR BASEMENT? WTF!!! LOL I freaked, ran out and got dbf who is scared of birds. We were both like uhhh uhhh wtf... so funny when things like that happen. We

Oh my gosh... that would totally freak me out! Have you ever seen that episode of "Modern Family" when the bird flies in the window? That would be how I'd react lol
jen2651 05:29 PM 05-02-2011
wow, what a start to a week!

My dad received a storm door and after he got it installed, blah blah blah, series of events, he had been bitten by a bat in the box. Surprise!

He then had to go through rabies treatments...so kinda funny but not really.
momatheart 05:57 PM 05-02-2011
Oh my gosh I am laughing over here. This is hystarical!
Stacy214 06:34 PM 05-02-2011
This is hilarious! Nothing like this has ever happened to me thank goodness...but I am picturing all of it,
PitterPatter 06:43 PM 05-02-2011
LOL!!

That's too funny! The picture in my mind of the screaming, mad dash across the house, not the mouse. I'm picturing the high stepping bolt through the house!

I would totally freak!!
countrymom 06:50 AM 05-03-2011
thats so funny, I live in the county so I'm use to mice. But now that we are closing up all the holes (due to improper drywall installation) we haven't had any. But I'm so glad people don't see us trying to catch mice, they would die of laughter.
So last weekend (easter weekend) my sister asks me were are my tongs for the salade, unfortanutaly I had to inform her that we use them to catch mice, she thought we were kidding, but my kids even told her that they are great to catch mice. You should have seen her face.
Tags:cat, cat and mouse, funny, monday, mouse
Reply Up