Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bad Mix
LittleD 06:35 AM 04-15-2013
I have dcb (2yr) dcg(2yr) and dcb (3yr). The girl and 3 yr old boy get along well, can share the farmhouse(for instance) and play together. The boys do the same. But the girl and the dcb who's 2 fight like cats and dogs. She screams at him when he tries to share/play with her.

If he has something first, she will go to play with him but within minutes is screaming at him.

Is there anything I can do? I don't get why she's getting mad at him because he is playing nicely.
Play Care 08:53 AM 04-15-2013
Originally Posted by LittleD:
I have dcb (2yr) dcg(2yr) and dcb (3yr). The girl and 3 yr old boy get along well, can share the farmhouse(for instance) and play together. The boys do the same. But the girl and the dcb who's 2 fight like cats and dogs. She screams at him when he tries to share/play with her.

If he has something first, she will go to play with him but within minutes is screaming at him.

Is there anything I can do? I don't get why she's getting mad at him because he is playing nicely.
I have her twin!! Athough in my case she's an only child who feels she should rule the roost here too so she will pretty much yell at anyone Essentially I intervene every time and say "we do not yell at friends, you will need to go to the quiet corner if you want to be alone." If she continues I take her to the quiet corner (out of sight of the others but in my sight) and tell her she can come back whe she wants to play nicely." It's not a time out in the sense that she can come out whe she feels ready. But if she comes right out and starts again I have to bring her back.
Reply Up