Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bags and Bags and More Bags
284878 10:37 PM 12-30-2020
I do not allow diaper bags but this year I do not have room to store dck winter gear all week long. So now DCF is sending the stuff daily in a reusable bag. I am annoyed with the bag and would like to find a way around having the bag in my house but I just do not have space.

The space in my built-in closet that I used to use I now use for my own child.

I do not have a covered porch, so leaving it outside is not an option.

Most of the kids come every other day, so their things are in the way on the opposite day.

The entryway has ppe crap in it, so that takes up space.

Plus the nonpuffy coat rule for car seats, so the kids come with a car coat and play coat. The one dcd will put the puffy coat on them before sending them in with the bag of winter gear but the dcm will carry the puffy coat in a bag and send them in with the car coat.

Last year the bus came 30 minutes earlier than this year so everyone that came before the bus came dressed ready to go outside. This year, we have more time between drop off and bus so we have time to get ready.

Any suggestions or should I just suck it up and deal with the bags for the winter?
Cat Herder 05:04 AM 12-31-2020
I mounted a set of wall hooks on the wall behind the door, one hook for each kid, then have everyone leave one coat for the winter. The parents use a car blanket and take it back and forth with them. I put their gloves/hats in the pockets of their coats. It takes up minimal room. No bags.
284878 08:55 AM 03-19-2021
I bought a dozen (various colors) drawstring backpack and personized for each child. Then cramped there winter gear into them. Parents loved it and brought them every day. Their things were all there every day, no more missing hat or mittens. And if the bag fell off the dryer and onto the floor it didn't spill out. I could hang the bag up if I needed to. The kids loved being able to wear the backpack.
Snowmom 04:48 PM 03-21-2021
Use wall space.
Heavy duty command hooks are your friend.

I also use heavy duty magnets on my metal door to hold up a clear shoe organizer for items like shoes, mittens, hats, etc.
These magnets don't budge. They even hold my husband's work jacket and that thing is HEAVY!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
284878 05:52 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Use wall space.
Heavy duty command hooks are your friend.

I also use heavy duty magnets on my metal door to hold up a clear shoe organizer for items like shoes, mittens, hats, etc.
These magnets don't budge. They even hold my husband's work jacket and that thing is HEAVY!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sadly I have no wall space in my entry way to hang hooks. I have on one side dryer, cabinet (with spare clothes and paperwork inside plus a tray on top for shoes/boots), washer and then closet. The other side is wall (door opens to it) a door, coat closet. On the ends of the room is door to the outside and door into the kitchen.

I have four command hooks on the back of the entry door and two on the cabinet. The one closet a built in for our coats and shoes. The other closet is a storage closet for cleaning supplies.

They hang their coats on the hooks and it causes the door to not open all the way. I tried powerful magnets but the kids keep taking them down.

Winter is almost done and the back packs that I bought allow me to move the bags quickly and keep their things organized. It was the solution that I needed for my space.

The bags that they brought were different sizes and shapes. One set was top heavy and would tip over and even fall off the washer. One was too big for what was in it and took up most of the top of the dryer.

We are hoping to build a covered porch this year and then coat/bag hooks can go out there.
Tags:bags and totes, diaper bag
Reply Up