Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rough Monday For The Kids And I
littlemommy 08:23 AM 09-26-2011
I am 24 weeks pregnant with my 2nd, and feel like I'm already slowing down. This morning when I was walking downstairs to let my 4 am'ers in, I fell down the curved part of our stairs. It was only 4 or so steps, and I was able to catch myself, but I'm wondering if I pulled a muscle around my lungs or something? When I take a deep breath I have a sharp pain through my entire torso and shoulders.

We're having a lazy day, since most of the DCK's are cranky/overly tired today.
sharlan 08:25 AM 09-26-2011
I hope everything is ok. Today sounds like a good day to chill and watch videos.
Heidi 08:26 AM 09-26-2011
I don't run to the doc for everything, but in your case I would want to see one. I would need to know everything is ok. I think your dcp would/should understand if you had to close early or have a sub during nap so that you can do this?
mrsp'slilpeeps 09:05 AM 09-26-2011
You may have a rib out of place now.
If it doesnt get better go see a chiropractor.
laundrymom 09:14 AM 09-26-2011
I did something similar when I was preg. Military doc said I bruised my " floating rib?" now this was almost 20 yrs ago and a military doctor. So take that diagnosis with a grain of salt. Lol be sure to go in if you notice ANYTHING abnormal. Take care ;-) and slow down. Pregnant bodies are hard to navigate sometimes.
Holladee 09:50 AM 09-26-2011
Ouch! Hope you are feeling better soon. I would put a call in to your OB just to play it safe.

Take it easy today - a few extra videos won't hurt anyone.
littlemommy 02:11 PM 09-26-2011
My midwife said the baby should be fine as long as I'm not having severe cramping or bleeding, but that I should try to get into the chiropractor. Thanks for the well wishes, ladies!
Oneluckymom 10:19 PM 09-26-2011
I'm just wondering.... Why a chiropractor and not an MD. Chiropractor don't go to med school, however some doctors may choose to become a chiropractor. I suggest go see a DOCTOR. I have a friend who's son is now paralyzed from the neck down due to a visit to a chiropractor (was supposed to be one of the best). I'm sorry but I don't believe in them now.
Michael 11:14 PM 09-26-2011
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
I'm just wondering.... Why a chiropractor and not an MD. Chiropractor don't go to med school, however some doctors may choose to become a chiropractor. I suggest go see a DOCTOR. I have a friend who's son is now paralyzed from the neck down due to a visit to a chiropractor (was supposed to be one of the best). I'm sorry but I don't believe in them now.
Thats some story and a terrible one at that. Our family uses a chiropractor every week. Sometimes we go several times a week. My daughter has been going since she was 6 months old. My back and neck are better now then when I was a teenager because of our chiropractor.

My sister died because a doctor gave her too much medication. Every profession has its horror stories.
Danielle 05:42 AM 09-27-2011
OP- how are you feeling today?

Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
Chiropractor visits are just a great thing to add to any pregnancies. When you have a fall, you can throw things out of whack which can then cause problems with the round ligaments. I started going to a chiropractor this pregnancy b/c I thought I was having contractions way too early. Midwife couldn't find anything wrong. Turns out that my pelvis was out and the pain was my round ligaments.

Originally Posted by Michael:
Thats some story and a terrible one at that. Our family uses a chiropractor every week. Sometimes we go several times a week. My daughter has been going since she was 6 months old. My back and neck are better now then when I was a teenager because of our chiropractor.

My sister died because a doctor gave her too much medication. Every profession has its horror stories.
Bolding mine- Isn't that the truth!
littlemommy 06:13 AM 09-27-2011
Yes, every profession has it's ups and downs. I love my chiropractor. I went in on Friday for sciatic nerve pain. That has completely gone away, and yesterday he helped with my back pain due to the fall. He said my instincts to catch the fall probably went into overdrive from being pregnant, and when I caught myself in the doorway I probably did it extra hard and pulled several things. My back muscles are super tight, and he said I could have cracked some cartilage in my ribs, which just takes time to heal.

It doesn't hurt to breathe anymore, so something is better! Muscles are still very sore, and we may be having more of a lazy day again.
Oneluckymom 09:57 PM 09-27-2011
Wow Michael...yes your right about every profession having it's issues. Yes, my friends son went in for a visit as usual. He had been having some neck pain and the chiropractor went to align something in the neck and suddenly the son was in excruciating pain and could not move. The chiropractor refused to call an ambulance ( assuming responsibility). My friend had to arrive to call the ambulance for her son. He's in his late twenties, has a daughter who is a toddler, and he can't work anymore. Sad and scary. This just happend about 6months ago.
Tags:chiropractor, monday, pregnant
Reply Up