Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>RSV again
Sunchimes 08:06 PM 04-20-2012
DCG had RSV about 6 weeks ago. She came yesterday with a massively runny nose. She has so many allergies that a runny nose is a constant, but this was really bad. But, no fever and she seemed to feel just fine.

Today, she had a bit of a cough but her nose was a little better. Again, no fever, ate, played just fine. She woke up from her nap with raspy breathing. Mom had made a just-in-case doctor's appointment for this afternoon, since she has always had respiratory issues. He said she had borderline pneumonia and sent her home with meds and breathing treatment.

It's 9:30, and her mom just called. She's in the ER with RSV again. sigh

Last time, she was my only dck because the others were on maternity leave, so no one was exposed but my husband and I. This time, she was with the 20 month old and the 2 month old on Tuesday (when she was normal), Thursday, and today. I've contacted the other kid's mom, so we will be watching closely. I mostly kept her away from the baby, used tons of sanitizer and washed my hands a lot. But, she played with the baby's sister all day, so there was exposure. sigh

And to top it off, hubby has COPD, and catches the least little respiratory thing. We found out last week that he has cancer and will be meeting with the surgeon next week. A respiratory infection is the last thing he needs going into something like that.

Cross your fingers for the poor little girl, the other kids, and my hubby. It may be a long few weeks.
Blackcat31 06:38 AM 04-21-2012
Hoping all your DCK's are feeling better soon!

I am so sorry to hear about your DH's cancer.....really hoping it is treatable and manageable! Sending prayers, good thoughts and wishes for an effective treatment plan.

Hang in there, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Don't forget about taking care of YOU, as it seems you are the one keeping everyone else going!
Sunchimes 05:51 PM 04-21-2012
Thank you Blackcat. We are hopeful.
MrsB 07:45 AM 04-23-2012
Praying for you Sunchimes and your Hubby! Many h****.
Reply Up