Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stuck On A Bulletin Board Idea
DaycareMama 10:08 AM 11-09-2012
I kept our fall / halloweeny one up longer due to Sandy. We just had our Halloween party this week so taking most of it down felt good

Now I'm looking at a really bare wall and with thanksgiving so close I don't want to do that just to take it down for winter... Blah blah blah I'm just to tired lol.

So what can I do in the mean time that fits between fall and beginning of winter that I won't have to change in two weeks??

I'm having a brain toot to say the least . Happy Friday
julie 03:59 PM 11-11-2012
Why don't you do a bare tree with lots of branches? For the first part and end of fall, you can decorate with leaf crafts falling or on the ground part of the display. Moving into winter, you can start doing snow flake crafts and put the snow all around the tree, removing the leaf crafts as you go? Might be a good transition to Christmas themed stuff.
DaycareMama 06:43 PM 11-11-2012
I really like that idea thank you !
SilverSabre25 05:06 AM 11-12-2012
I'm thinking of cutting a big "turkey"ish shape (ish because I'm not really good at drawing) and then a bunch of feathers of different colors and trying to "catch" kids be nice, being thankful, being kind, etc, and when we catch that we'll put up a feather...but it sounds silly now that I write it. And I'm not sure it would work with as few kids as I have.
julie 10:14 AM 11-12-2012
Originally Posted by DaycareMama:
I really like that idea thank you !
Happy to help!
DaycareMama 05:03 PM 11-12-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I'm thinking of cutting a big "turkey"ish shape (ish because I'm not really good at drawing) and then a bunch of feathers of different colors and trying to "catch" kids be nice, being thankful, being kind, etc, and when we catch that we'll put up a feather...but it sounds silly now that I write it. And I'm not sure it would work with as few kids as I have.
I did a turkeyish thing for our "who's here today" Each childs name is on a feather and when they come in they put their feather on. I like the catching them being nice or thankful idea. My group would do well with that right now. Not that they get caught being nice but they ham it up right now extra loud for stickers
Countrygal 03:56 AM 11-13-2012
I think something with a winter theme would work. Maybe something based on the bare tree - like Snoopy Christmas after the fall leaves? Put up ornaments and the Peanuts gang. Wouldn't be too hard to switch as the kids did the crafts.... Or, if you don't want to switch at all, just do winter - sleighs, bells, snowment, etc??
Tags:bulletin board
Reply Up