Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination
ABCDaycareMN 06:15 PM 05-16-2013
I am giving my 2 weeks to my dcg tomorrow. I have my letter all typed up. But I'm lacking what I say when I give them the letter?

Suggestions please. I like to be well rehearsed before that time comes.
JSBaker 08:25 PM 05-16-2013
All depends on the reason for dis-enrollment? Is it late or lack of tuition payment, cannot meet demanding needs of child, schedule conflict?
MyAngels 08:26 PM 05-16-2013
How about something like:

Hey Anne, if you have an extra moment there's something we need to discuss. As my pregnancy has continued to progress I find that I'm just not able to do all if the things that I'd like to, and I've decided that I will no longer be able to provide care for Sally. I hope you understand. Here is a note giving more details.

That's assuming they know you're pregnant .
ABCDaycareMN 02:49 AM 05-17-2013
No they don't know yet and I don't wish to tell them.

I am not going to be providing care to anyone for a while. They are a dream family. They do everything right. That's why it's so hard.
Play Care 03:09 AM 05-17-2013
You could say "I wanted to let you know that I've decided to scale back on providing child care. It was not an easy decision as I've really enjoyed caring for your child," and then give them the notice.
ABCDaycareMN 06:10 AM 05-17-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
You could say "I wanted to let you know that I've decided to scale back on providing child care. It was not an easy decision as I've really enjoyed caring for your child," and then give them the notice.
That's perfect! Thank you
LittleD 06:59 AM 05-17-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
You can even emphasize how Sally is such a wonderful child, they are a wonderful family, that it's nothing personal.
Reply Up