Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Have To Share
Patches 08:24 PM 07-22-2014
https://www.facebook.com/MommyMadeCr...17295065051233

It honestly made me cringe.
hope 08:40 PM 07-22-2014
That same parent would freak if you had a blanket in the crib with the baby in daycare but a man's body is ok.
Play Care 03:57 AM 07-23-2014
All I can think is "what if dad rolls over on baby?!" Why can't you comfort and soothe from the side of the crib?! Why can't baby be in a PNP or crib in the parents room?

Right before I had my oldest child, a young toddler in my town died from co-sleeping on the couch with their mother. Mom rolled on the child while sleeping and the child suffocated.
lovemykidstoo 04:45 AM 07-23-2014
That dad is now screwed. There is no way that baby is going to go to bed by herself now.
hope 05:00 AM 07-23-2014
What if the crib can't support his weight and it breaks while he and baby is in it? The supporting comments on the article are mind boggling.
MotherNature 05:50 AM 07-23-2014
My first thought was 'wow that looks so uncomfortable.' Just take baby to your bed. I have no problem with safe bedsharing. We do it from day one. Newborns have their own in bed cosleeping basket. New baby will have an arm's reach co sleeper that sidecars to the bed b/c we still sleep w/ our 3.5 yr old. Makes breastfeeding so much easier. We don't even own a crib. I can't imagine being separated from my nursing newborn, especially during those first few months when sleep is so rare.
Indoorvoice 06:07 AM 07-23-2014
Yeah I don't see the point in him getting in the crib. It is just setting everyone up for bad sleep. I'm assuming they are trying to teach the baby to sleep in her crib, but I've never read a sleep training book that suggested THAT.
Meeko 06:33 AM 07-23-2014
Originally Posted by Patches:
https://www.facebook.com/MommyMadeCr...17295065051233

It honestly made me cringe.
Cringing right along with you..
melilley 06:40 AM 07-23-2014
The first thing that I noticed was the bumper pads in the crib, those are not safe. I don't understand why they sell them.
debbiedoeszip 06:42 AM 07-23-2014
How did he get in without breaking the crib? And how the hell is he going to get out LOL? In the words of Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!"
Michelle 06:48 AM 07-23-2014
I think it was meant to be a cute futile attempt to get some sleep and I thought it was pretty funny
I remember those days of no sleep and the silly things we would do such as the "army crawl" through my babies room my dh did to throw a dropped paci back in the crib
I was laughing so much I almost blew his cover!

this was a cute and it was daddy so no harm
I am sure he got out once baby went to sleep
I don't think baby will be permanently damaged by it

Laurel 08:09 AM 07-23-2014
Originally Posted by Michelle:
I think it was meant to be a cute futile attempt to get some sleep and I thought it was pretty funny
I remember those days of no sleep and the silly things we would do such as the "army crawl" through my babies room my dh did to throw a dropped paci back in the crib
I was laughing so much I almost blew his cover!

this was a cute and it was daddy so no harm
I am sure he got out once baby went to sleep
I don't think baby will be permanently damaged by it

Angelsj 08:52 AM 07-23-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
My first thought was 'wow that looks so uncomfortable.' Just take baby to your bed. I have no problem with safe bedsharing. We do it from day one. Newborns have their own in bed cosleeping basket. New baby will have an arm's reach co sleeper that sidecars to the bed b/c we still sleep w/ our 3.5 yr old. Makes breastfeeding so much easier. We don't even own a crib. I can't imagine being separated from my nursing newborn, especially during those first few months when sleep is so rare.

DaisyMamma 09:26 AM 07-23-2014
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
That dad is now screwed. There is no way that baby is going to go to bed by herself now.
Exactly.
And he's doing it for himself, not the baby. He doesn't want to hear her cry.
Reply Up