Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Whose watching your baby monitor?
Starburst 09:04 PM 01-27-2015
A man hacks into a baby video monitor and comments to nanny while she changes a diaper.

Makes me reconsider using these in the future.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-s-diaper.html
Shell 04:36 AM 01-28-2015
Yep, I've heard from a few moms that these can pick up a picture of other babies in the neighborhood. A few years back, I considered buying one, and I read reviews that said how easily these can pick up other people's homes. I figured they would have fixed any glitches by now, but apparently not. Yikes
e.j. 05:37 AM 01-28-2015
That's really creepy! The other thing to keep in mind is that your neighbors may be able to hear what you say over a regular baby monitor, too. I had a neighbor who used just an audio baby monitor and she woke up to voices in her bedroom. Turns out, she could hear another neighbor and her husband talking in their own bedroom. Both families used baby monitors at night to listen for their own babies. Hacked video monitors add a whole other level of creepiness, though!
AuntTami 05:42 AM 01-28-2015
This article gave me the absolute chills. Oh my god. I'm so glad I don't have one of those cameras now. That really creeped me out.

It creeps me out even more that there are people out there who actually WATCH those feeds! People who DELIBERATELY hack into cameras to spy on you, especially when you're with a child! It makes my skin crawl and my stomach churn.
Shell 06:09 AM 01-28-2015
Originally Posted by e.j.:
That's really creepy! The other thing to keep in mind is that your neighbors may be able to hear what you say over a regular baby monitor, too. I had a neighbor who used just an audio baby monitor and she woke up to voices in her bedroom. Turns out, she could hear another neighbor and her husband talking in their own bedroom. Both families used baby monitors at night to listen for their own babies. Hacked video monitors add a whole other level of creepiness, though!
I have a neighbor (posted in the private area about a year ago) that is literally the nosiest, pita ever! She "joked" with us a few years back, saying she could hear neighbors phone conversations through her baby monitor. She used to say stuff to us that we NEVER said to her in conversation, so to this day, I still feel like she's on the line when I make a phone call. Everyone thinks I'm paranoid, so I try to keep it to myself
jenboo 07:52 AM 01-28-2015
Creepy!!
It's this just the wireless/internet cameras?
e.j. 11:18 AM 01-28-2015
Originally Posted by Shell:
I have a neighbor (posted in the private area about a year ago) that is literally the nosiest, pita ever! She "joked" with us a few years back, saying she could hear neighbors phone conversations through her baby monitor. She used to say stuff to us that we NEVER said to her in conversation, so to this day, I still feel like she's on the line when I make a phone call. Everyone thinks I'm paranoid, so I try to keep it to myself
I know the feeling. I had a neighbor/dcp who used to know things that she couldn't have known if she hadn't overheard some of my conversations somehow. I remember joking about it to a friend of mine, saying she must have hidden a microphone in the diaper bag or in the picture frame she gave me to hang on the wall of my day care room. I finally realized she was listening in on phone conversations I had while using my wireless phone. My guess is, she could overhear what I said either through the baby monitor or the walkie-talkie her husband used for his business. That was several years back and I still feel a little paranoid when I talk to someone about anything really personal over the phone.
Shell 11:25 AM 01-28-2015
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I know the feeling. I had a neighbor/dcp who used to know things that she couldn't have known if she hadn't overheard some of my conversations somehow. I remember joking about it to a friend of mine, saying she must have hidden a microphone in the diaper bag or in the picture frame she gave me to hang on the wall of my day care room. I finally realized she was listening in on phone conversations I had while using my wireless phone. My guess is, she could overhear what I said either through the baby monitor or the walkie-talkie her husband used for his business. That was several years back and I still feel a little paranoid when I talk to someone about anything really personal over the phone.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one maybe it's time to get an old school plug in phone again!
Annalee 11:54 AM 01-28-2015
Originally Posted by Shell:
Glad to hear I'm not the only one maybe it's time to get an old school plug in phone again!
We have a neighbor that is really wierd and one day I saw him at the grocery store and I was buying shrimp to grill, we grill alot on the deck and his house is in view to the left. Anyway, he was behind me in line as I paid for the shrimp and he proceeded to tell me how "he" liked his shrimp from the pan to the dale's sauce to how long and it was precise to how I grilled freaked me out because I felt like he had been watching me ( I am the griller always) Then he proceeded to tell me how he did not like our floodlights pointed toward his house because he liked total darkness at night (btw, we are in the country to start with, not a subdivision) so he obviously should have bought a house in the woods. He would definitely need binoculars to have seen what/how I was grilling I told my husband this guy acts like one of those guys from the movies who would put a "bug" in your house to view your life
Tags:creeper, creepy
Reply Up