Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holding/Payment for Open Spot
Lorna 10:06 AM 12-04-2015
How do you handle having an open spot and your interview with someone who doesn't need it til March. They want the spot. But I don't think they want to pay for it. Feel kinda bad but open spot is less income for me. If I'm not being paid for it I need to find another child for the spot.

Is that how you would do it?
NillaWafers 10:09 AM 12-04-2015
I would personally consider holding it for a month with a fee, but not until March. Tell her you can put her on your waiting list and if you have openings in March you'll call her.

Why is she looking so early, sheesh! I would think everyone will say they can't hold a spot for her.
Lorna 10:17 AM 12-04-2015
There are no spots available in this area. So chances are she won't find anything.
KSDC 10:26 AM 12-04-2015
I don't hold open spots without full payment.

But, there is such a lack of childcare in my area, that honestly I have families that sign up to wait for my open spots. For instance, I have two children heading to Kindergarten next year and already have their spots filled.
I am not charging to hold those spots since they aren't open yet.
Lorna 10:33 AM 12-04-2015
Yeah that is the same way it is here. They were on my waiting list so I contacted them first. they came with an empty cheque book today, could have been an honest mistake. But I emailed them an invoice for this week and they will be invoiced again on Monday. So if they haven't paid either I won't wait long and get the spot filled.
Blackcat31 11:02 AM 12-04-2015
Originally Posted by KSDC:
I don't hold open spots without full payment.

But, there is such a lack of childcare in my area, that honestly I have families that sign up to wait for my open spots. For instance, I have two children heading to Kindergarten next year and already have their spots filled.
I am not charging to hold those spots since they aren't open yet.
I do the same here.

When the spot becomes available, I require payment in full for it, whether the family is ready to use it or not.

I refuse to take a loss in income based on someone else's situation.
Reply Up