Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>To Ask Or Not To Ask?
SilverSabre25 03:02 PM 04-27-2011
Just found out that I am only going to have one dck next Friday...which happens to be my DH's and my anniversary. My DD was already tentatively scheduled to go to my sister's house the night before, and my DH has the day off anyway.

The dcg I'm going to have, I know her parents have a lot of back-up care available at the on-site child care center at their work.

I'm thinking about asking the mom tomorrow morning if they can possibly take her there next Friday. That would give DH and I a nice little unexpected vacation, right at our anniversary and right before the baby is due (I'll be 36.5 weeks).

Would you ask?
daycare 03:06 PM 04-27-2011
Yes..... What is the worst she can say...sorry I dont have anyone else to watch DCG....

Just throw it out there..

Say so this friday happens to be my anniversary and as it turns out, your DCG will be the only one here. Originally I never planned to close on friday, but now that all of the kids are going to be some where else, would it be possible for me to give you a credit for this friday so that I can close DC?

I am sure she would say yes....

oh and dont forget to bat your eyelashes...lol yes it even works on women...lol jk
wdmmom 03:09 PM 04-27-2011
One thing I've learned...never ask. Either decide to take off or don't and they parent's have to accommodate that. If you ask, more than likely they will bring their child. Parents think one on one care is amazing and that you'll sit on the floor and play toys all day long when the fact is, their child will be really bored. They pay you so they would rather you work one on one and it be an inconvenience to you than for it to be an inconvenience to them.

"Dear Parents,

Sorry for the short notice but I will be closed on Friday, May 6th. Thank you"
daycare 03:29 PM 04-27-2011
I wouldnt say I am closing with only a very short notice... I think it would be better to let the family know why. If they respect you enough they wont mind... But then again, they really could have no place for the child to go.....
Pammie 03:41 PM 04-27-2011
I have to agree with PP - don't ask. Simply tell them that you apologize for the short notice, but daycare will be closed on (date) and that you will be taking it as a vacation day (or not). No further explanations necessary. Hand them a note stating the same info - and then go and enjoy the time with your hubby:-)
Live and Learn 03:43 PM 04-27-2011
Originally Posted by Pammie:
I have to agree with PP - don't ask. Simply tell them that you apologize for the short notice, but daycare will be closed on (date) and that you will be taking it as a vacation day (or not). No further explanations necessary. Hand them a note stating the same info - and then go and enjoy the time with your hubby:-)
Tell, don't ask....
"the Mr" and I took a day off for our anniversary earlier this year.Our children where in school for the day it was wonderful.
morgan24 05:09 PM 04-27-2011
Don't ask tell them. Asking puts them in control if you tell them your in control. I had it backfire by asking if they would mind if I took a day off to do something and they acted like it was such a big deal. I once did it once and after that I always told them when I was taking a day off and never had any problems with them.
Tags:anniversary, days off, personal days
Reply Up