Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Screamer Is Officially "On Notice"
jojosmommy 12:00 PM 11-01-2013
I am telling my dcf tonight (after I get paid for ALL of November) that dcg 6 months old, has November to get on a schedule or look for care elsewhere. This little lady wont sleep unless I hold her, has no schedule at all despite me working on it since she was 8 weeks and started care. I said on Wednesday that she took a short nap ( didnt mention the entire morning of crying, the afternoon of fussing and her inability to be put down ever). Mom said, yea this weekend out of town was horrible without the rocker. She fought me all weekend. Guess she just can't sleep without me holding her in the rocker.

I decided then that dcm needs a discussion.

I spent yesterday posting ads, and reviewing my budget. Will be hard booting her right before Christmas but Ive tried everything. One month from today we will see how it goes. If nothing improves Im giving her notice.
mema 12:24 PM 11-01-2013

That's hard when they cry all the time or need to be held. Sounds like they need a nanny. Good luck with your ad! Hope you get some interviews soon.
jojosmommy 12:38 PM 11-01-2013
If she calls you, don't for all the money in the world take her.

Trust me, she pays me more than my entire mortgage and if she leaves tonight and I never see her again Ill be the luckiest lady around! Id love to fill the spot first BUT even my kids dislike her which is my signal to boot her!
mema 12:46 PM 11-01-2013
Thanks for the heads up! Altho, I have been turning down all interviews for infants, so I don't think I'll have to worry about it. I just don't want to deal with the littles right now. I have one that is going to be a lot of work for awhile.
Heidi 01:07 PM 11-01-2013
Is she with you full-time? If so, you probably have more affect on her schedule than mom does. You have her more waking hours.

Of course, every Monday there is some reprogramming, but as she gets older, that gets easier.

Mine is 4 months old and on the weekends, mom drives around running errands with him and rarely stays put. He does not have a schedule. Mondays are a bit fussy, but he's mostly in line with the group's schedule. The hardest time is 7:45-8:3- or so because he wants to go back to bed already. If I do that, he's awake at 9am....precisely when the others go down for nap. Nope!
Tags:terminate - screaming
Reply Up