Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Home Daycare Cameras?
leeloo 04:56 PM 12-14-2013
Do any providers here have cameras so parents can see their kids online? What are the pros and cons of it?
Meeko 07:13 PM 12-14-2013
Heck no!

IN a center maybe....in a private home...no way.

I'm the kind to forget about the camera and rip off my bra right after the last kid leaves for the day.......the thought that someone may be watching me....eewww.

In all seriousness......it would be too much liability to know that Sara's dad's workmates are looking over his shoulder at work and watching Angela get her diaper changed and that Ben's mom is bent out of shape because Ben isn't being treated as if he's the only angel in the room etc etc. More trouble than it's worth.
Starburst 08:32 PM 12-14-2013
I have heard of a home daycare that did offer that. The parents would have an account and a password so that they could watch from a computer during daycare hours (I think it had a time sensitive camera that would automatically turn off after a certain time and would turn off around closing time).

I have thought about doing that in the future, but while it could help it could also be a liability because of some over protective and nit-picky parents who might be "Oh, I'm going to sue you because you put Billy in time out" or "I'm find a new daycare because you used a harsh tone with Suzy" (okay a bit dramatic, but you never know). I may have one for my personal files in case of accusations or at least an outside one for safety reasons. Plus, the parents should be working or at school at that time, they may get in trouble at work if they are caught off task- then not only do they loose income but so do you (because they won't need daycare if they don't have a job).
Meeko 09:41 PM 12-14-2013
I do understand providers wanting one that THEY control and only use the footage to protect themselves. But I would never allow people access over the internet.
Michael 01:13 AM 12-15-2013
A lot of previous threads on the subject: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=cctv
Cradle2crayons 06:00 AM 12-15-2013
I have cameras and an internet based way for me to monitor them. Sometimes we have fun activities that parents can either watch live or after the fact. I cut the camera on for the activity and off when we are done.

I also use them during nap time to monitor.
leeloo 04:30 PM 12-15-2013
Originally Posted by Michael:
A lot of previous threads on the subject: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=cctv
thanx!
Tags:cctv
Reply Up