Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-13-2019, 04:24 AM
Daycare.com Member

A snow day, when you least expect it, and most need it.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:31 AM
Daycare.com Member

Off the rest of the week!

Gonna take in some NCAA tournament, getting a physical tomorrow and some outside work done on this beautiful weekend!

So needed this break to re-group and rest my mind....re-licensing along with life itself has been overwhelming for me the past few months...so much going on that drains me mentally and emotionally.

This forum is so great for all of us as I think life-happenings have attacked us all lately in some form. to all!!!!
Old 03-22-2019, 05:54 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

Closed today! There is literally no one aside from me in the house till 4. I'll head out to the shop in a bit but right now just enjoying the silence.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:04 AM
Daycare.com Member

Made the most perfect snowman this morning yay! Just hope it's the last one of this season!
Old 04-22-2019, 09:10 AM
Daycare.com Member

My oldest son learned to ride a bike last weekend!!! It's so much fun watching him ride around, care-free. Little brother follows him on his balance bike and we have wonderful neighbors and I just KNOW my kids are going to have the best spring/summer!!!
Old 04-27-2019, 07:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

Sometimes itís the little things that matter. Yesterday of my kids parents took me aside when he picked his child up and told me how much he appreciated me and all that I do not only for his child but for the whole class. For me, a little word of thank you or a note of appreciation means more than a gift.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:30 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

Daycare provider a couple towns over closed (moving closer to grandkids) and had a yard sale yesterday. Bought a ton of cool stuff.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:24 AM
Daycare.com Member

Helped out one of my families by opening early last minute for them. Mom thanked me numerous times. It feels good to be appreciated.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:19 AM
Daycare.com Member

Conducted two interviews for a set of twins and a dcg2 yesterday evening consecutively....have to say it was refreshing....sometimes getting a new outlook is what a daycare provider needs. Filled the terminated kid spot and preparing for three children to go to school
Old 05-16-2019, 07:17 AM
Daycare.com Member

Heard the best comeback for "You're not my best friend." Three year old responds "That's ok. My Daddy is my best friend anyway."
Old 05-16-2019, 09:57 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperth View Post
Heard the best comeback for "You're not my best friend." Three year old responds "That's ok. My Daddy is my best friend anyway."
Love it!!
Old 06-03-2019, 04:46 AM
Daycare.com Member

I attended a a conference in my state this past weekend and got this https://www.kaplanco.com/product/896...QaAmW9EALw_wcB

for $150 from the Kaplan exhibitor.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

I got to see my most favorite 2 little dcgs today. Mom stopped by with them after work. I love their hugs and the 2 yo now says my name. I need to borrow them for a day, very soon. Sure do miss them!!
Old 06-06-2019, 02:12 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
I got to see my most favorite 2 little dcgs today. Mom stopped by with them after work. I love their hugs and the 2 yo now says my name. I need to borrow them for a day, very soon. Sure do miss them!!
This is so sweet!
Old 06-07-2019, 05:26 AM
Daycare.com Member

DCM works for bath and body works corporate. She is always bringing me candles, lotions, soaps etc. which I very much appreciate. I asked her if she could get me a 150 gift card (she gets 50% off) for Victoria secret. She shows up yesterday and says just think of this as a little bonus for taking such great care of my boys. She is seriously the best DCM!
Old 06-19-2019, 02:38 AM
Daycare.com Member

Nobody has had anything good happen for awhile so I thought I'd add my $.02.
My yard sale is this weekend and I've had a few people I know, already come and take things. Last night a provider(my dd's bf's mom) came and emptied half my playroom!!! She told me I should've been a 5 Star program. lol
She had a truck and filled it up to overflowing. And needs to come back to pick up more I've saved for her. Still so much stuff left.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:26 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalee View Post
I attended a a conference in my state this past weekend and got this https://www.kaplanco.com/product/896...QaAmW9EALw_wcB

for $150 from the Kaplan exhibitor.
That is awesome! Bonus!

I received a $100 gift card from Lakeshore a few months ago, and honestly, I can't even remember how I got it. I think it was from a health department class I took, but there was no note in the envelope. Mystery...
Old 06-19-2019, 02:27 PM
Daycare.com Member

I just got notice that I am getting a full refund for my Rock N Play that was recalled. I thought I might just get the company credit option, so I was really happy to get the refund.
Old 06-27-2019, 11:33 AM
Daycare.com Member

A simple message of appreciation means so much
Old 07-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

Today is my last day for the week! No vacation persay but I do plan on getting some things done.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Have fun!!
Old 07-16-2019, 06:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

While I dread Monday's (2 extra kids who are a little on the wild side), it sure makes the rest of the week seem so much easier!
Old 07-16-2019, 09:35 AM
Daycare.com Member

Fun day with my 2 former dcgs who are sisters! Sweetest kiddos and extra precocious, both of them.
Just doing some fun stuff with them but do need at least a 30 minute break; getting them to let me have that is a challenge.
Old 07-18-2019, 12:57 PM
Daycare.com Member

My weekend begins at 5:30 today! Closed daycare tomorrow so my own kids can have me all to themselves. I'm so excited to spend the day with them tomorrow

Wish I would've took a couple more days this summer to spend time with them...it goes too fast.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:12 PM
Daycare.com Member

Got my school shopping finished today. Only a three day work week next week for a long weekend before school starts the following week. So thankful for my sons' gracious attitudes. I found some good deals as it was tax free weekend here as well. They will use the same backpacks as last year. They are awesome at taking care of their stuff. This has been a process but I do see some progress from years of "training" and "praying" for these little fellas! I know the verdict is out on their futures but I am happy right now....today!
Old 07-31-2019, 11:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

Playing chef with my almost 2-year-old dcb. I asked him if he could make me a pizza, and he answered, "absoloopsy!"

I love that age!!
Old 07-31-2019, 12:29 PM
Daycare.com Member

Today is my Friday!
Old 07-31-2019, 01:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalee View Post
Today is my Friday!
Yay for you!

23 more hours and I'm off for a week! Nine days if you count the weekends.

I'm going to take our youngest to swimming and tennis and his older brother to soccer practice. Hopefully I'll get the basement cleaned out and paint the bathroom. I love doing those stay-at-home-mom kinds of things.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:32 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo View Post
Yay for you!

23 more hours and I'm off for a week! Nine days if you count the weekends.

I'm going to take our youngest to swimming and tennis and his older brother to soccer practice. Hopefully I'll get the basement cleaned out and paint the bathroom. I love doing those stay-at-home-mom kinds of things.
Me, too! Enjoy your time off
Old 08-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Daycare.com Member

It is good to know that my nephews and niece from my brother and their divorced mother are doing so wonderful. I find it refreshing for young adults to become responsible persons despite their "supposedly adult parents ". Kids and young people don't stress me near like "adults" do within my own family circle.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

I think I've posted many of the latest post on "what is good" lately, but trying to re-group myself and control some things I can control. As I stated in other threads, it's not just Daycare issues that overtake me, but things within my own extended family and my immediate home.

Over the past few weeks, EVERY evening, my oldest and I ( he is my best worker but has a job plus school)have been cleaning out the basement. I am embarrassed to say how long this has been needed. DH father passed in 2003 and he lived in another state so we Uhauled all his stuff back to our basement. Yes 2003, but it was the kind of things where "will I use this" "I hate to get rid of this", etc.

Thankfully, we are down to a small truck load for the dump. It had to be done. I felt the best I have felt in a long time yesterday. Makes me want to do more around the house.

Carpet removal is planned for the Spring with new flooring and tile for my kitchen. We built this house 25 years ago when we married, but it is TIME!

So the moral of the story is, Get to work and "fix" what you can because it's the "little things" that make the difference. No one else may notice, but I know within myself what I've accomplished.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

One of the kids made cupcakes at home over the weekend and brought in the extra to share with the class today. That was sweet in of itself.

When mom dropped off she told me they made the cupcakes to celebrate their 7 year old who made a speech at school last week in front of the student counsel. I just thought that was a really nice, wholesome family thing for them to do for their daughter.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga View Post
One of the kids made cupcakes at home over the weekend and brought in the extra to share with the class today. That was sweet in of itself.

When mom dropped off she told me they made the cupcakes to celebrate their 7 year old who made a speech at school last week in front of the student counsel. I just thought that was a really nice, wholesome family thing for them to do for their daughter.
That is AWESOME! I have noticed alot of "doing things together as family" commercials on TV lately. I was raised in the "family-time" generation but I am afraid my own sons only see family-time as the "odd" thing to do instead of the "normal" thing to do.

Tags
fun stuff, great news, happy, positive, tgif