Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Read-Norovirus Alert And What’s Not Enough!
Country Kids 07:01 AM 01-29-2013
http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...id=msnhp&pos=7

I found this very interesting:the handwashing, hand dishwashing, the laundry, just everything. How really over the top you have to be in order to kill this and what ordinary things don't work-
jojosmommy 07:14 AM 01-29-2013
DCD just had noro yesterday and today his kids have it SURPRISE! And my stomach hurts just thinking about it. GROSS!!! Today both my kids slept in late which obv had me certain they would wake up puking (they didnt yet ). Wish we would all either get it and be done or fly through the next few weeks super fast so we don't get it. I think anticipation of being sick is just as bad as being sick- well almost.
canadiancare 07:18 AM 01-29-2013
I always wash all underwear, face cloths, towels etc. in HOT water with bleach (yes I only buy white).
Country Kids 07:19 AM 01-29-2013
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
DCD just had noro yesterday and today his kids have it SURPRISE! And my stomach hurts just thinking about it. GROSS!!! Today both my kids slept in late which obv had me certain they would wake up puking (they didnt yet ). Wish we would all either get it and be done or fly through the next few weeks super fast so we don't get it. I think anticipation of being sick is just as bad as being sick- well almost.
Be prepared! We have had 3 schools close because of this, sporting events cancelled, etc.

I had a friend visiting the school on the day of the outbreak and she had it within 3 hours!!!

We have had it and its horrible-
laundrymom 07:44 AM 01-29-2013
I've always thought Lysol spray killed it? Does anyone know for sure?
Country Kids 07:50 AM 01-29-2013
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I've always thought Lysol spray killed it? Does anyone know for sure?
Here's an article on that:

http://www.stopthestomachflu.com/Hom...ch-flu-viruses

It sounds like the first source is bleach then lysol spray.

I guess I would clean everything down first and then go back over it with the spray.
LoraJenkins 08:32 AM 01-29-2013
My 1 yr old DCB had Noro Virus 3 weeks ago. I bleached EVERYTHING possible! So far no one else has come down with it. I am using rubber gloves for diaper changes now because of this.
Michelle 09:08 AM 01-29-2013
another thing is to make sure you always wash the babies hands after a diaper change (as well as your own, even if you use gloves)
they like to grab themselves and they can get fecal matter on their hands when you are not looking
I bleach everything everyday!!!!
and don't forget those icky public high chairs!
bring clorox wipes everywhere you go
LaLa1923 09:28 AM 01-29-2013
Also, even after you're all better, you can still pass it around for 2 weeks!
itlw8 09:37 AM 01-29-2013
They made it sound like it is mostly spread by food prep people. but touch the menu, table, chair anything it was touched by someone who did not wash their hands.

On Tv they said hand washing is better than sanitizer but they use sanitizer in schools. you are supposed to order your food and then go wash after touch the menu. Your table was wiped down with the same rag they have used all day. so do not touch that either.

mostly never touch your mouth nose or eyes and you can avoid alot.
Heidi 12:48 PM 01-29-2013
wathed the movie contagion the other night...scary!
Reply Up