Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:33 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default St. Patty's Day?

Does anyone here do anything for St. Patty's Day? I never have, but I would like to.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

We make themed crafts all month and have corned beef and cabbage on Tuesday. 😊
Old 03-15-2015, 07:02 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have everyone wear green, give them a green necklace when they arrive, play St. Pattys day games and read stories, and follow a green trail that the leprechaun left us. At the end of the trail are some gold chocolate coins for each child. We also have everyone sign up to bring treats for a party.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Our milk magically turns green, and the kids wake up from nap with green bows clipped in their hair or on their shirt. And we draw shamrocks by making 3 circles close together & adding a stem.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:08 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Such cute ideas! Keep them coming!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

We always have a leprechaun, who leaves a trail of clues in the form of poems from one place to the next and ends up at his leprechaun hat--usually contains gold coins and new, inexpensive, outdoor things like bubbles and sidewalk chalk. (It's also a yay-Spring-kind-of-thing.)
Old 03-16-2015, 02:32 AM
Daycare.com Member

Wow, these cute ideas make me feel terrible. I do a craft or art project with the dcks but that's it. I just don't get into the whole St. Patrick's Day thing I guess.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:03 AM
Daycare.com Member

I make Irish Cottage pie instead of Corned beef & cabbage and all my littles get oversized green necklaces to wear or play with; I buy a cheap bouquet of flowers weekly to brighten up the counter & this week it's green & white with a few sparkly twirls (glitter sticks) stuck in for good measure. I read a book to them that matches the the theme day too - all my kids are now under 18 months... oldest aged out last Friday.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:21 AM
Unregistered

We are making a leprechaun trap, tomorrow the leprechaun will turn their milk green, bring lucky charms for a treat and hide gold coins all through the living room for a hold hunt! It's also wear green or dress in rainbow day.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:15 AM
Daycare.com Member

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5575468&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5575468&type=3

I haven't decided what I am going to do tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
Wow, these cute ideas make me feel terrible. I do a craft or art project with the dcks but that's it. I just don't get into the whole St. Patrick's Day thing I guess.
Me neither. I think it's a hard concept for the children to understand, unlike Valentine's Day where we can talk about friendship and love. Instead of St. Patrick's Day I do "Green Day" - we wear green clothes and eat green foods, etc. I do monthly themes so all March is about green this year. Last year I did rainbows.