Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I really hate.....
Thriftylady 03:14 PM 07-07-2015
Entitled, spoiled people. And I am talking about a parent!

DCM comes to pick up and tells me "I am going to go for two weeks to get my STNA training since I hate my job, the state is paying for it". She then goes on to tell me she still has to figure out how she is going to pay me blah blah. Anyway I told her what I know about it and told her that since it is a job with a high turnover rate to expect to get put on night shifts when she gets a job. She then tells me "I can't work nights because I am a diabetic and the insulin I am on works better when I sleep at night". Ok DH and I are both diabetic, and neither of us is on insulin but both have med schedules for daytime. But each of us sometimes has to work nights so we work it out. Or we talk to the doctor to work out our meds. I guess it just irks me when people have tons of excuses their actions, and to get out of doing things they don't want to do. She also "can't work in a factory because the heat messes up my blood sugar". Geesh

Anyone else have and I hate???
mandy 04:10 PM 07-07-2015
I definitely hate entitled people too. I will tell you to keep an eye on her in case she starts paying late. The worst thing I hate is those who do not see a positive side to life. I will log on my Facebook for example, and I will see depressing statuses. I will be chatting with a group of my friends and they are depressed too. They dont have the condition, but they are not motivating themselves to have fun. I help them as much as I can, but it took a toll on me, so I have referred them to someone else.

I also hate the folks ridkng the excuse train. They are avoiding taking responsibility for their actions. This mom you talked about is doing that. If she is truly worried about her health that much, she needs to talk to her doctor about it. I am not an expert by any means on this topic, but it sounds like she needs to brush up on taking care of herself the right way. You have mentioned that you and your husband are at least taking care of your Diabetes the right way as best as you can .
KiddieCahoots 04:16 PM 07-07-2015
Thrifty, your so funny!!!
Love your well rounded perspective!
I just posted on your positive thread .......

I hate to witness dcp's have an even worse temper tantrum than their child, from one. little. simple. word.......NOOOOO...........
daycare 04:23 PM 07-07-2015
I dont think I actually hate anything, but i really dont like it when parents say stupid things to their kids in efforts to parent them.

like if you don't behave I am going to turn this car around and we are going home. Yeah right

or if you don't pick up your toys i am going to throw them all away.

or

if you don't eat your dinner I am going to take it away.LOL

yeah nice try, but might as well as not tried at all...
Thriftylady 04:36 PM 07-07-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
I dont think I actually hate anything, but i really dont like it when parents say stupid things to their kids in efforts to parent them.

if you don't eat your dinner I am going to take it away.LOL

yeah nice try, but might as well as not tried at all...
OH please mommy I don't like it please take it away. LOL
daycare 04:39 PM 07-07-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
OH please mommy I don't like it please take it away. LOL
lol....we have a good friend who says these things all of the time and I laugh so hard when he says them and tell him I thought you were smarter than that. But in his defense, he practically raised himself and had no rules, discipline or boundaries, so at least he is trying something. well without really trying....lol
Reply Up