Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Use Cakechildcare.Com For Management?
ECEVA 12:18 PM 02-27-2014
Hi - Does anyone use Cake Childcare for managing their daycare? Looking for feedback on their program.
Reply
Cat Herder 12:24 PM 02-27-2014
I went to the site and kept clicking the "why free" link to answer my first question (What are they getting out of this deal?) and it won't load.

Edit: It finally loaded but only said "is a gift" although the investors section requires a login and boasts an innovative new market.

Edit again: found the "free vs member section".

Guess I will check in on this thread later...
Reply
butterfly 12:26 PM 02-27-2014
never heard of it. Won't load for me either.
Reply
Blackcat31 12:31 PM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I went to the site and kept clicking the "why free" link to answer my first question (What are they getting out of this deal?) and it won't load.

Edit: It finally loaded but only said "is a gift" although the investors section requires a login and boasts an innovative new market.
Originally Posted by butterfly:
never heard of it. Won't load for me either.
It loaded fine for me but not until I switched over and opened it using Chrome. The Explorer version just kept loading...

This is all it says on the "Why Free" page:

"Mr. Henry D, CEO said "It's a gift" to his fellow childcare providers, especially to the small childcare owners because he understood how challenging it can be to run a childcare without a good management software.

He simply wants you to try it, most if not all childcare management softwares out there have an incredibly high initiation cost or high monthly subscription fee.

Cake Desktop allows you to experience a complete childcare management software for Free, whether you have an in-home Childcare with no employees or a large center with 50 employees. Cake Desktop is 100% Free, just click the download button and
you are on your way."

Reply
butterfly 12:34 PM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
It loaded fine for me but not until I switched over and opened it using Chrome. The Explorer version just kept loading...

This is all it says on the "Why Free" page:

"Mr. Henry D, CEO said "It's a gift" to his fellow childcare providers, especially to the small childcare owners because he understood how challenging it can be to run a childcare without a good management software.

He simply wants you to try it, most if not all childcare management softwares out there have an incredibly high initiation cost or high monthly subscription fee.

Cake Desktop allows you to experience a complete childcare management software for Free, whether you have an in-home Childcare with no employees or a large center with 50 employees. Cake Desktop is 100% Free, just click the download button and
you are on your way."
I'm skeptical. Sounds like a scam to me.
Reply
Cat Herder 12:34 PM 02-27-2014
BC, check out the "free vs member" section.....

Text fees, payroll, auto pay, etc...

It is free to load the desktop link the rest is a monthly subscription plus "options" fees.

Read the license agreement under terms and policies. They will not provide support, updates or maintenance of the free version.
Reply
ECEVA 12:40 PM 02-27-2014
I'm on a google chromebook laptop so I thought the site just wasn't compatible with my computer. It's so confusing but I wanted to check since it says $5 per month and ProCare is going to cost me a ridiculous amount.

Thanks!
Reply
Cat Herder 12:44 PM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by butterfly:
I'm skeptical. Sounds like a scam to me.
I don't think it is a scam, just feels like predatory marketing to me. Cell phone companies are notorious for it.

( For the owners of this software: I am not a lawyer and my opinion is worth what was paid for it... )
Reply
Childminder 12:47 PM 02-27-2014
I used it free for awhile but you aren't able to make corrections, in particular to the sign in and out portion if a parent forgets to sign in. When they sign out it becomes the in time and you can't correct it. I was in discussion on multiple occasions with tech and they were very helpful but rather than wait and spend time dealing with it I quit.
Reply
Blackcat31 12:48 PM 02-27-2014
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
BC, check out the "free vs member" section.....

Text fees, payroll, auto pay, etc...

It is free to load the desktop link the rest is a monthly subscription plus "options" fees.
Sounds like it is $4.99 per month for the provider and 99¢ per month for each parent.

add that up and then add all the monthly and per item costs and it looks like it costs a fortune.

One-Time Setup Fee.......$5.00.........One-time charge
Service Fee.........$5.00......... Monthly
Convinience Fee..........$1.00 .........Per item
Returned Transaction / NOC Fee, Unauthorized, Authorization Revoked, Stop Payment..........$3.00..........Per item
Reply
craftymissbeth 11:26 AM 05-22-2014
Did anyone end up liking this? I just downloaded the free desktop software, but it's kind of confusing. I haven't started inputting any info or anything.

Did anyone end up paying for any of the "perks"?


I have MMK and I like it, but if Cake can do all that it says it can for free then I'd like to try use both for the remainder of the year and see which I like better come tax time.
Reply
LysesKids 12:50 PM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Sounds like it is $4.99 per month for the provider and 99¢ per month for each parent.

add that up and then add all the monthly and per item costs and it looks like it costs a fortune.

One-Time Setup Fee.......$5.00.........One-time charge
Service Fee.........$5.00......... Monthly
Convinience Fee..........$1.00 .........Per item
Returned Transaction / NOC Fee, Unauthorized, Authorization Revoked, Stop Payment..........$3.00..........Per item

Yeah and that's not even getting to the taking credit cards section… that's another 100 for set up and .99 per swipe (I have a parent that uses CC for pay, I have Square on my smartphone… faster & easier by far)
Reply
midaycare 05:58 PM 05-22-2014
Well ... I use it and love it. It costs me $5 a month. That $5 allows me to have parents sign in/out electronically, gives me the capability to update parents in live time as to what's going on with their child, and lets parents log in to their own special site (no charge for them) to see their balance, notes from me, etc.

One of the best features is that I don't have to bug parents for late fees. It's all set up in the system. If a parents clocks in late, the late fee is added. If a parent clocks in early, an early fee is added. No stress to me, I don't have to inform them. They can see it.

I don't take advantage of the pay online thing. If parents want to pay online, they can pay me with an electronic check from their bank.

I will say that setting it up is a pain in the ... you know. It took me a solid 2 weeks to have it up and running. But my parents love it, and I've signed 2 new families that seemed to be really impressed with it.
Reply
craftymissbeth 06:05 PM 05-22-2014
I've been setting it up all afternoon.

Maybe you can help me with something...

I created a billing account for one of my families and I entered the wrong enrollment date. So now instead of starting to bill them from this week on, it's billing from January. That would be fine except that I also messed up on another part and the amount is soo wrong. I wanted to delete the billing account and start over, but it gives me an error of "record can't be deleted because it's in use"

Wth?!
Reply
craftymissbeth 06:15 PM 05-22-2014
Also, it won't let me log into any of the three apps. I paid for the membership and assigned myself a pin, but I can't log into them.
Reply
midaycare 06:41 PM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
I've been setting it up all afternoon.

Maybe you can help me with something...

I created a billing account for one of my families and I entered the wrong enrollment date. So now instead of starting to bill them from this week on, it's billing from January. That would be fine except that I also messed up on another part and the amount is soo wrong. I wanted to delete the billing account and start over, but it gives me an error of "record can't be deleted because it's in use"

Wth?!
Cake Child Care is pretty good, but there are some annoying things in the setup. One of those is that once a new record has been synced with the other Cake programs, you can't delete that record - which is also a good thing - because you can never lose a record.

So I would 1) go to the "account" section, pick the child, click on edit, and mark the date of withdrawal as today. Then 2) go to the "child" tab, mark the child as "inactive" and the child will then be inactive.

You will have to re-enter the child. You will also have to go to "account", click on the payment that is owed, click on "record payment", and do a write off for whatever was overcharged.

It's easier than it sounds.
Reply
midaycare 06:48 PM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Also, it won't let me log into any of the three apps. I paid for the membership and assigned myself a pin, but I can't log into them.
Cake has different passwords for everything. The desktop is different from the web, which is different from the kiosk, etc. The pin is probably for the kiosk, or the class feature.

Go to the Cake Desktop, click on yourself under "staff" and see what your passwords and pins are for each area. If it still isn't working, then email them for help. They were outstanding in helping me. Always got back to me in less than 24 hours, and even offered to do a web conference with me.

Also ... when setting up a student, set the enrollment today for the day you put them into the computer. That way you can practice signing them in and out to make sure it works. The In-and-Out-Kiosk won't work unless the enrollment date is past the actual date on the calendar. Same with hours. I signed my students up for their normal hours, to keep track of early & late fees, but remember if you try to sign them in/out too far before or after their appointed time, you won't be able to.
Reply
MarinaVanessa 06:57 PM 05-22-2014
You all have me intrigued. I'm going to try it, I like the whole thing about adding the fees and stuff for you and the checking in part.

Is it like MMK? Does it track mileage, expenses, invoices etc?

I guess I'll find out huh
Reply
midaycare 07:08 PM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
You all have me intrigued. I'm going to try it, I like the whole thing about adding the fees and stuff for you and the checking in part.

Is it like MMK? Does it track mileage, expenses, invoices etc?

I guess I'll find out huh
I just happened to find Cake before MMK - I've never used it. This is my first year in home daycare. It can track those things, but you have to create the account first before you track it.

It's a pain to set up, but pretty cool once it's all done.
Reply
NightOwl 07:20 PM 05-22-2014
I tried both and found MMK to be much more user friendly.
Reply
MarinaVanessa 07:45 PM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Sounds like it is $4.99 per month for the provider and 99¢ per month for each parent.

add that up and then add all the monthly and per item costs and it looks like it costs a fortune.

One-Time Setup Fee.......$5.00.........One-time charge
Service Fee.........$5.00......... Monthly
Convinience Fee..........$1.00 .........Per item
Returned Transaction / NOC Fee, Unauthorized, Authorization Revoked, Stop Payment..........$3.00..........Per item
Where did you find this info? I saw the part where it says $5 month but I can't find where it says the other fees. The email I got says $5 includes parent accounts ??

EDIT: NVM I found it. So far without trying it out it seems to do what MMK does plus more. I'd better love it though for the amount of money they want.

$60 a year, ok. I pay more for MMK.
$1 a transaction, ok. I pay $1 for MMK now.
An extra $5 a month to take credit cards on top of the $.99 transaction fee??? WHUH???
$3 per returned check, not so bad. MMK is like $2 and I charge my clients that fee.
THE FACT THAT I CAN GET MY MONEY THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY?!?! WHUH?!? That's pretty awesome. MMK takes 5 days.
Reply
MarinaVanessa 11:17 PM 05-22-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You can personalize that portion of it now. I have mine set up so that each family/child has it's own rate template including fees for late pick up and early drop off.
This was from another thread, but I wanted to ask for your help on how you did this BC. If you don't mind
Reply
craftymissbeth 05:31 AM 05-23-2014
My rates are set up like Blackcat's. I just made a template for each time slot I offer (7:00-3:00,7:00-3:15, etc) and then I template for each rate (7:00-3:00=$90, etc).
Reply
Blackcat31 06:30 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
This was from another thread, but I wanted to ask for your help on how you did this BC. If you don't mind
I did exactly what Missbeth said..

I made a separate template for each family so that their individual rate was a separate template.

You can 1,000's of templates so you can personalize it nicely to match your late fees and early drop off fees etc.

Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
My rates are set up like Blackcat's. I just made a template for each time slot I offer (7:00-3:00,7:00-3:15, etc) and then I template for each rate (7:00-3:00=$90, etc).
I entered all my info and started using the paid version of Cake in March.

So far I have to say it is nice and I do like it but I have run into a few issues that I have not yet figured out.

I've also been using the coordinating apps for Cake sign in/out and Cake Classroom for my i-pad but again have found a few issues that I have yet to figure out and I am unsure if it's on my end (Me =operator error) or theirs (technical/software glitches).

@Missbeth...are you using the paid version or the free one?
Are you using the apps too?
Do you like it so far?
Reply
craftymissbeth 07:00 AM 05-23-2014
I just started using it yesterday. I'm using the paid version. I paid $7.99 for the month so that I can see if I like it or not before I pay for the rest of the year.

So far I can only log into In&Out or whatever it's called. I can't log into Cake2Go or Class. No idea what I did because under my staff record I have all of the apps enabled and I'm entering all of the info correctly.


I like the idea of it. So far it's been a super big pain to set up, but I'm hoping it's just me. For example, I set up two of my dck's to be billed at 12am Friday, but so far neither of them are showing that it's due today. I'm really hoping I just missed something, though.
Reply
craftymissbeth 07:01 AM 05-23-2014
Also, I took the time to input all of my dck's immunization records, but I'm not seeing if there's an alert to let us know when the next set are due. I put a note in each one that says when the next ones are up, but I highly doubt I'll be clicking through them very often. It's faster to just look at their actual paperwork.
Reply
Blackcat31 07:11 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
I just started using it yesterday. I'm using the paid version. I paid $7.99 for the month so that I can see if I like it or not before I pay for the rest of the year.

So far I can only log into In&Out or whatever it's called. I can't log into Cake2Go or Class. No idea what I did because under my staff record I have all of the apps enabled and I'm entering all of the info correctly.


I like the idea of it. So far it's been a super big pain to set up, but I'm hoping it's just me. For example, I set up two of my dck's to be billed at 12am Friday, but so far neither of them are showing that it's due today. I'm really hoping I just missed something, though.
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Also, I took the time to input all of my dck's immunization records, but I'm not seeing if there's an alert to let us know when the next set are due. I put a note in each one that says when the next ones are up, but I highly doubt I'll be clicking through them very often. It's faster to just look at their actual paperwork.
That's one of the issues I am currently having is the log in to Cake2go.

It won't let me in and I've been in for a month now so....

I have heard they have excellent customer service support but I just haven't had a chance to call though and find out myself.

I NEED to though because I did pay for it for 3 months so I should call but I haven't yet... Maybe I'll put that on my to-do list for today
Reply
MarinaVanessa 08:14 AM 05-23-2014
Okay so something like this: ?

Hours of Care Template - Part-Time
Monday (7:00 AM-6:00 PM) 7:00 AM 3:00 PM
Monday (7:00 AM-6:00 PM) 7:00 AM 3:30 PM
Monday (7:00 AM-6:00 PM) 7:00 AM 4:00 PM
Monday (7:00 AM-6:00 PM) 7:00 AM 4:30 PM
Monday (7:00 AM-6:00 PM) 7:00 AM 5:00 PM
Monday (7:00 AM-6:00 PM) 7:00 AM 5:30 PM
Monday (7:00 AM-6:00 PM) 7:00 AM 6:00 PM
(AND repeat for Tuesday, Wed, Thurs & Fri)

Tuition Template - Part-Time
1 month - 72 months $28 Part-Time 3PM Departure
1 month - 72 months $30 Part-Time 3:30PM Departure
1 month - 72 months $32 Part-Time 4PM Departure
1 month - 72 months $34 Part-Time 4:30PM Departure
1 month - 72 months $36 Part-Time 5PM Departure
1 month - 72 months $38 Part-Time 5:30PM Departure
1 month - 72 months $40 Part-Time 6PM Departure

OR

Should I +Add the above for each day? ex:
1 month - 72 months $28 Part-Time 3PM Departure Monday
1 month - 72 months $30 Part-Time 3:30PM Departure Monday
1 month - 72 months $32 Part-Time 4PM Departure Monday
1 month - 72 months $34 Part-Time 4:30PM Departure Monday
1 month - 72 months $36 Part-Time 5PM Departure Monday
1 month - 72 months $38 Part-Time 5:30PM Departure Monday
1 month - 72 months $40 Part-Time 6PM Departure Monday
(and then do the same for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday?)

What about the families that give me their schedules the week before?
What about my drop-in families?
I'm just going to pay for the one month so that I can have help setting this up.

I do have one question you can answer BC. I have the free version now so does the $5 per month get you everything else? Or do you have to pay another $5 per month for the echeck option making it $10 per month?
Reply
Blackcat31 08:29 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
I do have one question you can answer BC. I have the free version now so does the $5 per month get you everything else? Or do you have to pay another $5 per month for the echeck option making it $10 per month?
I don't use the e-pay option so I don't know but the $5 per month allows me to use the apps on my i-pad.

I didn't even look into the e-pay part of it. I've never been able to get any of my parents to use the MMK electronic pay system so I didn't bother with the Cake one.

The sign in/out app on the i-pad takes a picture of the parent signing in/out.
A couple of my DCP's have tried covering the camera up or pointing it at the ceiling to avoid having their pic taken. I explained to them that is part of why I was interested in using Cake...to CLEARLY document who is picking up and dropping off.
Reply
craftymissbeth 09:44 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
What about the families that give me their schedules the week before?
What about my drop-in families?

I do have one question you can answer BC. I have the free version now so does the $5 per month get you everything else? Or do you have to pay another $5 per month for the echeck option making it $10 per month?
I have a dcb who comes two weeks on, then two weeks off. For him, I took his weekly fee of $95 and set up like a daily rate of $19, instead. Then, when I added him to his family's billing account I set the billing cycle as Every Check-In. So every time he's here, it will charge them $19 (hopefully, if I did it right) to their account. The only problem I see with that is that if he doesn't show one day will it still bill them if I sign him in or do I just add $19 manually to their account?

I guess this is how drop-ins would work. Then again, this is only day two so I'm sure I did it all wrong


I can't even figure out how to sign up for EZ-Pay. When I try, it just says Coming Soon.
Reply
craftymissbeth 10:00 AM 05-23-2014
This is how my rates are set up vs. how my templates look:
Pick-ups at 3:00 are $90 per week, then $5 more for every 15 minutes later until 5:00.

So my templates look like:
Hours of Care Templates
7:00am - 3:00pm
7:00am - 3:15pm
7:00am - 3:30pm
7:00am - 3:45pm
7:00am - 4:00pm
7:00am - 4:15pm
7:00am - 4:30pm
7:00am - 4:45pm
7:00am - 5:00pm
Drop-In Hours - 7:00am - 5:00pm

Tuition Rate Templates
(Template names in parenthesis)
Template Name | Age in Months | Rate | Description
(7:00am - 3:00pm) | 0-999 | $90 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 3:00pm
(7:00am - 3:15pm) | 0-999 | $95 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 3:15pm
(7:00am - 3:30pm) | 0-999 | $100 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 3:30pm
(7:00am - 3:45pm) | 0-999 | $105 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 3:45pm
(7:00am - 4:00pm) | 0-999 | $110 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 4:00pm
(7:00am - 4:15pm) | 0-999 | $115 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 4:15pm
(7:00am - 4:30pm) | 0-999 | $120 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 4:30pm
(7:00am - 4:45pm) | 0-999 | $125 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 4:45pm
(7:00am - 5:00pm) | 0-999 | $130 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 5:00pm
(Drop-In Rate) | 0-999 | $25 | Daily Drop-In Rate
(SA Summer w/ Summer School) | 0-999 | $10 | Daily Rate SA Summer w/ Summer School
(SA Summer w/o Summer School) | 0-999 | $80 | Daily Rate SA Summer w/o Summer School
(Daily Rate - DCB's Name) | 0-999 | $19 | Daily Rate - DCB's Name


The last four are tuition rates are the ones I'm worried about. The $25 drop-in is for a dcb who has a funky varied schedule and I'm charging them on a drop-in basis. The two SA Summer ones are for my 7 yo nephew who will be going to summer school for mornings in June and I am charging $50 a week, but he won't be here every week. Then he'll be full-time for the rest of summer. And the $19 last one is for my two weeks on two weeks off dcb.

I'm so confused. I hope I set all of that up right.
Reply
Blackcat31 10:09 AM 05-23-2014
Have you guys watched the help video tutorials?

I have watched all but the last three.... they have helped alot.


Crafty....my templates are similar but rather than use a daily breakdown, I entered it as weekly. Now the FIRST time the family signs in, it charges them for the week (I think).

I honestly haven't tried to use it yet as a replacement for the acct part of MMK/ I initially started using this as a means to accurately track sign in/outs.
Reply
MarinaVanessa 10:53 AM 05-23-2014
I watched the tutorial about setting up the templates but it only covered it as if it was a center and the children are able to come and go whenever they want during business hours but considering that I work based on contracted schedules for each individual family, I'm not sure how to set it up.

I have one family that comes FT on a set schedule.
I have one family that comes FT on a variable schedule (they give the schedule the week before, 2 kids)
I have one family that comes PT 3 days a week on a set schedule
I have one family that comes PT 2 days a week on a set schedule
And I have 4 families that come as drop-ins when they need me and if I have room. I charge both hourly and a daily rate.

I'm so confused

I paid the $7 for the monthly subscription so that I could get help setting it up and I ended up having to fill out an e-form and "they'll get back to me in 24 hours". Yeah, doubt they work on weekends, Monday is a holiday and Tuesday is a busy day for me .

Well so far I'm frustrated and after seeing that every little thing costs extra I might as well keep MMK.
Reply
craftymissbeth 10:59 AM 05-23-2014
Yeah, I'm going to continue using MMK for my accounting, especially since I just renewed it last month for the year. I'll try using Cake for accounting along with it and see which I want to keep for next year.

So far neither of my families weekly rate is showing up as due in their accounts. I set it to bill them every Friday @ 12am. So shouldn't it have shown up by now?
Reply
craftymissbeth 11:06 AM 05-23-2014
Nevermind, I fixed it. Their amount is showing up now. Whew.
Reply
MarinaVanessa 11:19 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
This is how my rates are set up vs. how my templates look:
Pick-ups at 3:00 are $90 per week, then $5 more for every 15 minutes later until 5:00.

So my templates look like:
Hours of Care Templates
7:00am - 3:00pm
7:00am - 3:15pm
7:00am - 3:30pm
7:00am - 3:45pm
7:00am - 4:00pm
7:00am - 4:15pm
7:00am - 4:30pm
7:00am - 4:45pm
7:00am - 5:00pm
Drop-In Hours - 7:00am - 5:00pm

Tuition Rate Templates
(Template names in parenthesis)
Template Name | Age in Months | Rate | Description
(7:00am - 3:00pm) | 0-999 | $90 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 3:00pm
(7:00am - 3:15pm) | 0-999 | $95 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 3:15pm
(7:00am - 3:30pm) | 0-999 | $100 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 3:30pm
(7:00am - 3:45pm) | 0-999 | $105 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 3:45pm
(7:00am - 4:00pm) | 0-999 | $110 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 4:00pm
(7:00am - 4:15pm) | 0-999 | $115 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 4:15pm
(7:00am - 4:30pm) | 0-999 | $120 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 4:30pm
(7:00am - 4:45pm) | 0-999 | $125 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 4:45pm
(7:00am - 5:00pm) | 0-999 | $130 | Weekly Tuition: 7:00am - 5:00pm
(Drop-In Rate) | 0-999 | $25 | Daily Drop-In Rate
(SA Summer w/ Summer School) | 0-999 | $10 | Daily Rate SA Summer w/ Summer School
(SA Summer w/o Summer School) | 0-999 | $80 | Daily Rate SA Summer w/o Summer School
(Daily Rate - DCB's Name) | 0-999 | $19 | Daily Rate - DCB's Name
Ok, another question. Did you make individual templates for each line above? Or did you create one new template and list all of the above in that template. I am so confused lol
Reply
Blackcat31 11:24 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
I paid the $7 for the monthly subscription so that I could get help setting it up and I ended up having to fill out an e-form and "they'll get back to me in 24 hours". Yeah, doubt they work on weekends, Monday is a holiday and Tuesday is a busy day for me .
Cake Childcare number 575-322-5322

Maybe try that.

Otherwise, I read in the comment section the fastest way to reach them is to send them a FB message.
https://www.facebook.com/cakechildcare
Reply
craftymissbeth 11:30 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
Ok, another question. Did you make individual templates for each line above? Or did you create one new template and list all of the above in that template. I am so confused lol
Each of those lines is a whole new template. So I have a crap ton of templates But so far this method is working. I've managed to get the accounts to pull up the right amount that's due today so I guess it's working
Reply
craftymissbeth 11:32 AM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Cake Childcare number 575-322-5322

Maybe try that.

Otherwise, I read in the comment section the fastest way to reach them is to send them a FB message.
https://www.facebook.com/cakechildcare
I wrote a post on their FB wall last night and they responded to it this morning, so it didn't take too long at all. Although I prefer immediate gratification

They referred me to the video tutorials and I already watched the ones I think are relevant to my issues. I'm going to spend nap time watching all of them.
Reply
MarinaVanessa 12:00 PM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Cake Childcare number 575-322-5322

Maybe try that.

Otherwise, I read in the comment section the fastest way to reach them is to send them a FB message.
https://www.facebook.com/cakechildcare
I'm used to instant gratification too lol. I'm used to calling a customer care number, waiting on hold up to 20 minutes and then getting through to a live person lol.

I did leave them a FB message, as well as filled out an e form. I'm just playing with the program now trying to figure stuff out on my own. Maybe I'll call the number again. I'll try calling the number again during nap.

My DH says that he's going to take a programming class and that he will build me my own program just how I like it and that he will sell it. I told him that he'd better make it to have everything that MMK has and everything that Cake has for the price of MMK or less AND MUCH BETTER TUTORIALS .
Reply
craftymissbeth 12:02 PM 05-23-2014
Tell him to get himself enrolled ASAP!

I would totally pay for something like that!
Reply
Blackcat31 12:05 PM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Tell him to get himself enrolled ASAP!

I would totally pay for something like that!
Me too!!
Reply
MarinaVanessa 12:12 PM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Each of those lines is a whole new template. So I have a crap ton of templates But so far this method is working. I've managed to get the accounts to pull up the right amount that's due today so I guess it's working
Ok got it.

Ugh, I just realized that this might now work for me though. I have a client that is part time and picks up at the same time on all three days so that's ok but my other PT family comes 2 days a week and is here 9am-5pm on one day and 3pm-5pm on another day ... oh man my head hurts, I need a break.
Reply
craftymissbeth 12:20 PM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by MV:
Ok got it.

Ugh, I just realized that this might now work for me though. I have a client that is part time and picks up at the same time on all three days so that's ok but my other PT family comes 2 days a week and is here 9am-5pm on one day and 3pm-5pm on another day ... oh man my head hurts, I need a break.
You an create a different template for the one that comes at a different time.
So if they come Monday, Wed, Fri...

Monday 9:00am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday 3:00pm -5:00pm
Friday 3:00pm - 5:00pm

From what I'm seeing, you can make a separate template for kids who have funky schedules... so I think that as long as you figure out how to input all of the info correctly, anyone's schedule should work. Even if it's weird
Reply
MarinaVanessa 01:24 PM 05-23-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
You an create a different template for the one that comes at a different time.
So if they come Monday, Wed, Fri...

Monday 9:00am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday 3:00pm -5:00pm
Friday 3:00pm - 5:00pm

From what I'm seeing, you can make a separate template for kids who have funky schedules... so I think that as long as you figure out how to input all of the info correctly, anyone's schedule should work. Even if it's weird
Ok got it. I'll try it during nap. I am NOT doing any of this during my ling weekend lol
Reply
Unregistered 05:59 PM 06-21-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Nevermind, I fixed it. Their amount is showing up now. Whew.

How did you fix this? I'm having the same problem.
Reply
craftymissbeth 08:03 AM 06-22-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
How did you fix this? I'm having the same problem.
It ended up reverting back to not being fixed. I gave up on Cake. I uninstalled the Desktop and cancelled my membership.

One day when they sort out all of the inconsistencies, bugs, glitches, and false advertisements then I may try it again.
Reply
Tags:cake childcare, management software
Reply Up