Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Commando Potty Training
ChildCare@FPC 10:28 AM 09-29-2017
Hello. I'm a new member and have been searching around the web for a policy to hand out to parents about potty training.

I have a parent that brings her child in wearing only shorts/pants, no underwear, no pull-ups. He's commando, drinks lots of water during the 3 hours he's with us, and has several accidents. She's already been asked twice to bring him in wearing protection and she seems to "forget".

I run a parent's morning out program at a church and this parent only brings her child to us for her bible study groups, twice a week. Is there a policy I can copy/print to hand to her. Is it okay to put the child in a pull-up after she leaves, since she "forgets"?
Reply
Ariana 10:32 AM 09-29-2017
Refuse care if she does not bring pullups. Or provide the pullups out of pocket or charge her for them.

I would let her know that it is unsanitary to allow her child to urinate all over his clothes and furniture and due to the possible health risks associated care will not take place without a pullup.
Reply
hwichlaz 11:20 AM 09-29-2017
Yep, let her know that he'll not be allowed to stay without the items he needs.
Reply
lovemykidstoo 11:23 AM 09-29-2017
Absolutely! I have a 2 week dry diaper/pullup before they can come in underwear. I have had 1 person send in underwear before they were 2 weeks dry and I promptly put him in a diaper.
Reply
happymom 11:29 AM 09-29-2017
This comes from the book "Oh Crap, Potty Training" -- the author states over and over that underpants create the feeling of a diaper because of muscle memory.

If she is using this method for potty training, she probably has never bought pull ups, either.

I'm not agreeing, but I understand where this comes from. He can use pull ups when he's with you and everything will be ok.
Reply
sharlan 11:32 AM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by happymom:
This comes from the book "Oh Crap, Potty Training" -- the author states over and over that underpants create the feeling of a diaper because of muscle memory.

If she is using this method for potty training, she probably has never bought pull ups, either.

I'm not agreeing, but I understand where this comes from. He can use pull ups when he's with you and everything will be ok.
That's how I potty trained my kids and grandkids AT HOME.

Not happening at daycare.
Reply
Ariana 12:07 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
That's how I potty trained my kids and grandkids AT HOME.

Not happening at daycare.
Exactly! It is a health hazard and a sanitary consideration.

i habe yet to have a potty trained kid regress because of a pullup.
Reply
hwichlaz 01:40 PM 09-29-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Exactly! It is a health hazard and a sanitary consideration.

i habe yet to have a potty trained kid regress because of a pullup.
Iíve had it frequently happen...though not changing the fact that I donít want urine on my couch
Reply
Tags:commando, potty training
Reply Up