Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Jumping the Gun
Controlled Chaos 09:58 PM 12-17-2014
So I have a fabulous problem - someone is super excited to send their child to me BUT I haven't met them lol and via email the dcm has said she is already putting in her 2 weeks at the Montesorri school she is at and can she start in Jan.

Well, they are coming for an interview and tour Monday. She is a friend of a current dcm who just today mentioned this dcg will probably be very challenging. So I sent an email replying to dcm about not committing to a start date until after the interview and we need to make sure we are good fit yada yada.

You ladies have such a way with words. In case I decide at the interview they are not a good fit - can you help me with the right way to phrase it? I have not been in a place where I could turn down business before, but I am now and I am not going to take someone who is going to be more work than they are worth. I also don't want to upset current dcm, though we have other issues lol and her kid is part of why I can't take on any more "challenging" littles right now.

Thanks in advance for your magic words
Controlled Chaos 09:59 PM 12-17-2014
and as a parent - can you imagine sending your child somewhere you have never been???? its a little weird. Makes me uneasy.
daycarediva 04:31 AM 12-18-2014
I have had a parent enroll sight unseen to me or my program. She dropped off paperwork and a check one week, stayed for 2 minutes and dropped off the kid on a Monday morning. I have had NO issues.

Also- I enrolled two 'friend' clients. The one who badmouthed the other child has a MUCH 'worse' child.

I would interview, and I always end them with "I am still conducting interviews, I will let you know my decision by X via X. It was very nice meeting you. Thanks for your time." yada yada
Reply Up