Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Stuck And Frustrated, How Do You Handle Prenatal Care?
justgettingstarted 11:33 AM 07-27-2012
I have Kaiser. I've never had a problem with them until now that I am pregnant and running a daycare. They absolutely do not offer any early morning, evening or weekend prenatal care. I have to hire an assistant, pay for their training and background check and wait at least a couple months for all that to happen and the county to sign off on them before I can even go in for my first appointment! The nurses in women's health are rude and do not understand why I can't just have a family member "come and watch the kids." I'm so frustrated right now! I have to wait over a month (already 7 weeks along) to get an appointment at 3:30 in the afternoon (latest they offer) and have to ask all of my parents to come pick their kids up early for an appointment. I haven't told any of them that I'm pregnant yet so I'm sure they are going to be annoyed.

Have any of you run into this problem? I feel so stuck, my husbands work only offers Kaiser so I can't even switch. I DO NOT want to hire an assistant and deal with withholding taxes and insurance and all that entails but I guess I will have to. The only alternative is to have my husband do the trainings but then he won't be able to see the ultrasounds or hear the heartbeat and that is just awful.
Tags:appointments, insurance, prenatal care
Up