Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Invoices Weekly?
HHdaycare12 04:12 PM 05-23-2016
Hello. Do any of you give weekly invoices? I feel like I have been holding off because its one more "to-do" on my list. I am having problems with multiple parents using me for extra time and despite multiple letters home and warnings, I am getting nowhere. I was thinking a good solution would be to send out weekly invoices for the past week showing their payments and times with any extra balance for time owed. Is this too much? If anyone has done this do you have any sample forms I could work off? Please and Thank you !
Blackcat31 05:46 PM 05-23-2016
Originally Posted by HHdaycare12:
Hello. Do any of you give weekly invoices? I feel like I have been holding off because its one more "to-do" on my list. I am having problems with multiple parents using me for extra time and despite multiple letters home and warnings, I am getting nowhere. I was thinking a good solution would be to send out weekly invoices for the past week showing their payments and times with any extra balance for time owed. Is this too much? If anyone has done this do you have any sample forms I could work off? Please and Thank you !
I'm not really into hand holding parents.
They know the expectations/rules.

If there's no reason (consequence) to follow them however, they sometimes don't

Attach a fee for the extra time and enforce it. Every time.

Most parents choose differently when there is money attached.
lovemydaycare0912 05:54 PM 05-23-2016
If and when parents are late, I let them know their late fee is $xx.xx. It is due by drop off tomorrow morning.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:55 PM 05-23-2016
I don't either. They pay me in advance or I don't keep the kidlet(s). They know to pay me.
HHdaycare12 06:10 PM 05-23-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
If and when parents are late, I let them know their late fee is $xx.xx. It is due by drop off tomorrow morning.
I have such a hard time telling parents they owe extra at the time of. I guess I need to just do it. Thanks.
Thriftylady 06:10 PM 05-23-2016
I only do invoices if for some reason their rate changes from week to week. If it is the same each week, they can handle it.
LysesKids 06:29 PM 05-23-2016
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse:
I don't either. They pay me in advance or I don't keep the kidlet(s). They know to pay me.
Same here... you don't pay, then no play. The only time I credit is if I close due to illness..
lovemydaycare0912 07:17 PM 05-23-2016
Originally Posted by HHdaycare12:
I have such a hard time telling parents they owe extra at the time of. I guess I need to just do it. Thanks.
It is hard, don't get me wrong. But thankfully my parents are rarellyyyyy ever late. Since I termed a family two months ago, I've had 1 parent late once and she came with late fee in hand.
AmyKidsCo 07:52 PM 05-23-2016
I invoice monthly, by the week (for instance, May 30-July1). It works out pretty well - the hardest part is deciding which month to include half-weeks in.

I also like it because I can just add additional fees in, rather than hand them a separate invoice.
NillaWafers 07:54 PM 05-23-2016
I use minute menu, so it automatically invoices weekly. If I have late fees I add them onto next weeks invoice. I have one parent who pays the 1st, and 15th - so I invoice her twice.
AmyKidsCo 08:27 PM 05-23-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
I use minute menu, so it automatically invoices weekly. If I have late fees I add them onto next weeks invoice. I have one parent who pays the 1st, and 15th - so I invoice her twice.
Do you have electronic payments set up through MMK? I have to create invoices myself, which is why I only do them monthly.
spedmommy4 09:01 PM 05-23-2016
I set up a recurring invoice for each family in minute menu kids. It invoices the family for me weekly and some use the auto pay feature to pay their tuition online weekly. I only set it up once. It's easy and I don't have to think about it.

I also like the system because it tracks the amount each family has paid so I can quickly print them a statement at the end of the year.
Tags:invoice, invoice - weekly, weekly payments
Reply Up