Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>What To Do? - Shut Down Without A Prior Notice
PENSKE 02:29 PM 05-20-2018
Hello all,

My son started about a year ago at a home-based daycare where our best friend strongly recommended. We liked it until the place suddenly got listed as inactive a month ago without a prior notice. (due to her worsened health conditions) Since the owner did not leave any recommendation for subsequent childcare after her shut down, we were left in a chaos juggling our work, daily life, and starting from scratch to find an alternative care for my son. We are completely confused, stressed and exhausted. As much as we valued her for what she's done for a year, we are feeling like we cannot close this without something being done other than just an apology.

While going through the original agreement between us and the owner, we found a stipulation that says "Both parties agree to give 90-day written notice if childcare is to be terminated. Notice of less than 90 days will result in a payment of tuition for 90 days". I understood that this is applicable for both ends - the owner and ourselves.

Question for you all here - is there any recommendation as to what to do/how to deal with this situation other than just taking the agreement up to her and ask for the financial compensation? We are talking to the local government agency to get their input at the same time. We might need to end up taking the case to the court, but we also would like to avoid it since it is money, time and energy draining.

Thanks for your great input in advance!
Tags:entitled, narcissistic mother
Up