Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Favorite Group Activities - Adult Lead
Cat Herder 05:59 AM 02-27-2020
What are your current favorite adult lead group activities?

We have lots of free indoor and outdoor playtime, but I'd like to hear some fresh ideas for group time. Pretty Please. I think I could use a bit more playtime, myself, this year. My group is at a fun age with everyone walking, talking and self-feeding, this only happens every 4 years for me. It's kind of a big deal.

Messy is most welcome.
dolores 07:05 AM 02-27-2020
Not sure if they are fresh but our kids like the following:

Covering table with butcher paper, everyone sits at table and paints with their hands, toys, tools, squirt bottles etc. Shaving cream is good too. Kids with sensory issues would not like this.

Musical chairs. It is not about winning/losing so have equal chairs for equal kids. Just line up chairs, turn music off/on.

Children's audio stories or music where they do movements or sounds

Collecting nature materials while outdoors and using them to do art
Baby Beluga 08:39 AM 02-27-2020
One of our all time most favorites is sink or float. I have a group of theme related items that changes and the children guess whether each item will sink or float before dropping it into the bucket.

This week it's all about the heart and circulatory system. I printed a bunch of diagrams and we've gone over the hearts primary role, how our heart and lungs work together, felt our hearts beating before jumping and after, discussing heart healthy foods and have been using stethoscopes to listen to our hearts beating. They are ALL about the stethoscopes this week I was not expecting them to be as big of a hit as they are.

We also do a lot of sensory stuff. Play dough (they like to make it vs me buying it) shaving cream, sensory tables, moon sand, finger painting, baking soda and vinegar explosions, freezing items in water then letting them dig it out with plastic hammers. Their new thing this week is to bury my hand in the sensory table then dig it out.
Cat Herder 10:49 AM 02-27-2020
I like those.

Thanks.
LittleExplorers 11:35 AM 02-27-2020
We love nature scavenger hunts, snow painting, using the breadmaker, and parachute games right now.
Rockgirl 12:42 PM 02-27-2020
My group is SUPER into preschool board games. It does help that 5 out of my 6 are within six months of each other, age-wise.

The favorite has been Zingo for quite awhile now.
Cat Herder 01:04 PM 02-27-2020
I am making a list. It just so happens DH might like a bread machine. Zingo, will have to look that one up.

Thanks!
Unregistered 08:23 PM 02-27-2020
"Surf" to Wipeout or any surfer song

Tape big washers on bottoms of their shoes and they can tap dance (not if it would wreck your floors)

Put 4" letters in a squiggly line on the floor and they can sing the ABC song as they dance along the letters (mine are taped down on a tile floor)

Have a shamrock hunt with hidden paper shamrocks (or change up for other holidays) We find them and hide them over and over

Tape a "balance beam" on the floor for them to balance on

Tape roads for their cars to drive on. There's road tape sold on amazon too
Cat Herder 03:14 AM 02-28-2020
How fun.

These are awesome, Thanks.
CeriBear 05:08 AM 02-28-2020
We do lots of science experiments like sink and float, rainstorm in a cup, and making volcanos.

We make playdough, moonsand, and slime as a group.
LittleExplorers 06:15 AM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I am making a list. It just so happens DH might like a bread machine. Zingo, will have to look that one up.

Thanks!

We love ours! You can make so many different types. Kids also like to eat what they made, so it covers part of snack too. I also use it to make pizza dough.
Tin Blues 01:18 PM 02-28-2020
With Easter coming up, you could give them eggs and baskets and let them take turns hiding eggs and finding them. My kids have always loved playing this.
Tags:activities - group, group activities, spring, summer - outdoor fun
Reply Up