Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why I am hearing "It's a Small World After All??!
Meeko 07:50 AM 03-28-2013
I recently termed a family with three kids.

One of my current Mom's (great client) told me she knew someone who needed care.

The client's mom used to be a foster mom and the friend was once a child that had lived with them for a while. She later adopted into a great family.

Interview last night.......I opened the door and recognized her straight away! She said "I know you...but not sure where!"

I replied "You used to be in my pre-school class when you were 4 years old!" (I took a break from home daycare and taught pre-school at a center for a few years in the early 90's before my last daughter was born!)

I remember her and her sister both going through my class. Their home life was DREADFUL. They lived right behind the center. Mother was a druggie etc. I often wondered what happened to them. Turns out, she was placed in foster care (my current clients mom!). She was later adopted into a wonderful family.

Her sister wasn't so lucky and headed down the same path as their birth mother. She had a baby, gave it up for adoption. She had another baby.....which has been adopted by her big sister and is the baby I will be watching...and is now pregnant with ANOTHER one

I am sad to see the little blonde angel from my class has made so many wrong turns, but so happy her big sister is stable and happily married with 2 children and on the right track in life.

Hope you followed all that!!

Baby starts today! Second generation in my care!

Talk about a small world!
just_peachy 08:10 AM 03-28-2013
WOW!! Small world indeed! What a bitter-sweet story. So glad to hear one of them broke the cycle!
Luna 09:13 AM 03-28-2013
Sad, joyful, disappointing, and hopeful. What a story! Enjoy your new little one
daycarediva 09:40 AM 03-28-2013
I am so glad that one of them broke the cycle and you get to care for that precious baby! That's wonderful!
rmc20021 11:00 AM 03-28-2013
I have a second generation dck also. I had her mother way back when I did daycare when my kids were little...she had started when she was 2 1/2. I can still vividly remember the day she came for the initial interview.

I anxiously awaited the birth of her baby girl via facebook all night and now I will get to watch her as she grows and learns just as I did her mother.

I also have 3 dck's who's parents I worked with when I worked at the local middle school (after I left daycare the first time).
Oneluckymom 12:44 PM 03-28-2013
I love success stories ...
Blackcat31 12:47 PM 03-28-2013
Thanks Meeko..... now I can't get that song out of my head!
LK5kids 12:51 PM 03-28-2013
What a great story!
Meeko 01:02 PM 03-28-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Thanks Meeko..... now I can't get that song out of my head!
You're welcome!!
mamac 04:48 PM 03-28-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Why I am hearing "It's a Small World After All??!
I was going to guess that you went to Disney World....

And thanks.... I, too, will have that song stuck in my head.
Lavender 04:56 PM 03-28-2013
Wow, that's amazing! Although it is sad that one of the sister's lives did not turn out so positive. My parents did foster care and ended up adopting one of the kids. I have a sister 24 years younger than me now
AmyKidsCo 08:15 PM 03-28-2013
Wow, small world indeed! How lucky this baby and family are to have you in their lives.
SquirrellyMama 06:07 AM 03-29-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:

Her sister wasn't so lucky and headed down the same path as their birth mother. She had a baby, gave it up for adoption. She had another baby.....which has been adopted by her big sister and is the baby I will be watching...and is now pregnant with ANOTHER one
I'm glad that the sister has at least some sense to give the babies to people who can properly care for them. Maybe her kids will have a better chance that way.

K
Reply Up