Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contract For Before School Kids???
Crazy8 08:15 AM 09-05-2014
I have made the crazy decision to take a few kids before school only. I want to make a separate contract for them because I am charging differently, etc. Does anyone have a school age contract they can share or give me advice on what to include???
VTMom 08:58 AM 09-05-2014
I don't have a specific contract for school-age kids, but there's a couple things you should consider. Will you take these kids over school days off, or before school only? If you take them on school days off (vacations, snow days, etc), make sure you indicate you get paid at a full day rate instead of the before school rate. Another thing I have is that if your child is out of school for any reason (sickness, suspension, etc), they cannot come here as an alternative.

Good luck!
Second Home 09:20 AM 09-05-2014
It's kinda long but here is mine .

Before / After School Care Policies

Before / after school care is provided for a weekly rate of $__.00 and includes care for children from 7am until the school bus arrives at approximately 8am and care after the school bus drops off at approximately 4:15 in the afternoon until 5pm .

The flat weekly fee ($__.00) and payment for any full day of reserved care
(additional $__ per full day of care) is due on the first scheduled day of care for the week and is due in full whether the child attends care or not.

Breakfast can be provided in the morning if the child arrives at least 30 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive . An afternoon snack is provided after the bus drops off in the afternoon .

If a child arrives after the bus has picked up the provider is not responsible for transporting the child to school . If the child remains in care when the bus is missed then the full day drop in charge will apply .

Provider will not pick up a child from school if the child misses the bus transportation home .

Provider is not to be listed as emergency contact for the school and will not pick up a sick child from school.

Care is NOT provided on days where there is no school as noted on the Frederick county public school calendar .
A request to reserve full day care must be submitted to provider in writing at least a week before full day care is needed and provider accepts the full day care request .
Full day care will be at the drop in rate of $__.00 per day .
All requests for full day school age care are on a first requested first accepted basis.

Days where school is closed due to inclement weather or other school related events ( no water , electricity , etc…) are on a first requested first accepted basis . This will be considered a full day of care and will be at the drop in rate of $__.00 per day . Payment for the day will be required at drop off .

Days where there is a late start and children are to have lunch while in care will be considered a full day of care , written notice is required to reserve space and full day payment will be required .

Full time care spaces will take priority over before / after school care spaces.

Current clients will have first chance to accept the spot for full time care before it is offered to a new client .

If current client declines the full time spot then before / after school care may be terminated if there is a conflict in scheduling.

Before / After School Care Agreement

Child’s name ___________________________________________________________

Date of birth_____________________________________________________________

Days of before / after school care M T W R F

I have read and understand the before / after school care policies .

This document is to amend the hours of care in the original child care agreement from regular care to before / after school care. I understand and agree that all policies including the illness exclusion policy and original child care agreement remain in effect .

Before /after school age care begins on August 25 , 2014 for the 2014 / 2015 school year .

daycare_jen 11:17 AM 09-05-2014
Originally Posted by Second Home:

Days where there is a late start and children are to have lunch while in care will be considered a full day of care , written notice is required to reserve space and full day payment will be required.
I'm wondering if you had a planned (non-emergency/non-weather related)school late start or early dismissal of 1 or 2 hours that didn't require lunch, would you charge extra for that time or would that be built in to your flat weekly fee? I am facing that situation with my niece, who attends in a different school district (although very close to my house) and when I gave them my before/after school rate I didn't realize they had so many late starts in their school calendar. :/
Second Home 11:32 AM 09-05-2014
Our schools do not have a 1 or 2 hour late start scheduled in our calendar ( we only have them for weather issues) , we have 3-4 hour late starts scheduled so I would have to serve lunch before getting them on the bus.

For 1 hour I do not think I would charge any more . But it would also depend on how many late starts there are . If there is a lot then maybe charging $1 more per week in the flat weekly fee would cover it .
Crazy8 05:24 PM 09-05-2014
Originally Posted by VTMom:
I don't have a specific contract for school-age kids, but there's a couple things you should consider. Will you take these kids over school days off, or before school only? If you take them on school days off (vacations, snow days, etc), make sure you indicate you get paid at a full day rate instead of the before school rate. Another thing I have is that if your child is out of school for any reason (sickness, suspension, etc), they cannot come here as an alternative.

Good luck!
Thanks. I am doing before school only, its only up to an hour. I can't take them for full days (we don't have a separate allowance for SA - we are only allowed 5 kids no matter how old they are and I have f/t'ers who come after the bus that takes those spots).
I want to only charge for the number of school days in a month - paid monthly, no refunds for sick days or snow days but they don't have to pay for holidays, breaks, etc. I will not take the kids any extra days.

Just wondering if I'm forgetting anything major to add in there!!
daycare_jen 08:08 AM 09-08-2014
Thanks, SecondHome, for responding

I think I've learned my lesson to look at a school calendar before I quote a rate, lol. All 5 days this week are late starts and then there are more sprinkled throughout the school year. I should have just made my weekly rate slightly higher to compensate, but thought that school district was similar to the one I am in... it's not a huge deal, just thought I'd see someone else's thoughts on those types of situations.
daycare 08:34 AM 09-08-2014
mine is very similar to previous poster but I added:

if your child is absent for school for any reason on a normal operating day, your child CAN NOT attend childcare.

This includes, illness, suspensions, or any other reason for absence
mduck 08:01 PM 05-17-2015
Did this end up working for you? How did you handle late days because of snow/weather? How were you able to find families that only needed before school care? I mean, did they have family to take care of them after school or on days when there was no school? Sorry lots of questions. I'm considering doing this but am not sure just yet.
Crazy8 12:26 PM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by mduck:
Did this end up working for you? How did you handle late days because of snow/weather? How were you able to find families that only needed before school care? I mean, did they have family to take care of them after school or on days when there was no school? Sorry lots of questions. I'm considering doing this but am not sure just yet.
Sorry just noticed this post was bumped and then realized it was mine, LOL!!! Yes, I did take 4 kids on for before school this year but then one mom lost her job so now I only have 2 kids till school gets out. It worked out well for me, was nice extra money and didn't interfere with my full time kids at all since they all come after the bus. I didn't care what they chose to do after school, I was only providing care from 7:30-8:30am, they knew that going in. In one family their teen kids were home after school (they go to school earlier and get home earlier) and in the other she was either home by then or had a neighbor or her mom take them till she got home (they got home at 3:30-3:40, she was home by 4ish most days). Days there was no school was again the parents responsibility, not my problem since that was not part of the service I offer.
Reply Up