Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Handing Out Weekly Bills?

I've never done it because they always seem to pay the same. But 1 dcm forgot her ds came 2 days for school vacation. I know she'll make good but it led me to wonder if you hand out weekly bills or receipts?
Old 03-07-2015, 04:24 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

I do monthly. Weekly is too much work for me
Old 03-07-2015, 04:54 PM
Daycare.com Member

Wow luckily I have never been in the situation to need to. But it does seem that weekly would be a lot of work do do for every child.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:21 PM
mac n peas

We bill monthly too, and I do hand out bills, even though they are mainly all the same month to month.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:40 PM
Childcare Provider

I bill weekly, and yes I give out receipts
Old 03-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

I invoice only for late fees. Each family's weekly fee stays the same, so no need to invoice.
I give weekly receipts.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

I would invoice in that circumstance. But I recently changed my procedures on extra days like you describe. Now advance payment is required before I put anyone on my schedule for extra days or times, non refundable.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Daycare.com Member

The only time I give an invoice is when I close for a day and parents do not pay for that day. Since tuition changes, then I will give an invoice the week before. Otherwise, it is the same amount each week whether then attend or not.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
I've never done it because they always seem to pay the same. But 1 dcm forgot her ds came 2 days for school vacation. I know she'll make good but it led me to wonder if you hand out weekly bills or receipts?
My parents all pay the same weekly rate.

Payment is due on Friday for the upcoming week.

In your situation, the DCM would have scheduled the child and paid when she scheduled him not afterwards so that way there is no "forgetting".

I have a DCM that has a 4 yr old and a Kindy aged child that attends on non-school days. She pays her weekly rate for her 4 yr old every week but on the weeks that she knows Kindy kid will be off of school (this week it's Friday) she pays for that ahead of time so her last payment included her regular weekly payment (for 4 yr old) and an additional day for her Kindy kid.

Tags
invoice