Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>edited
Breezy 06:58 AM 09-11-2012
Edited as well
Live and Learn 07:13 AM 09-11-2012
She should join a a gym with a daycare. 10.5 hours is already too long.
Blackcat31 07:16 AM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
Ugh I hate telling people no.
Why?

I mean really why is it so horrible to say "No, I don't want to or I can't do it".

What is the worst thing that can happen?

Why is it human nature to feel like we need to put OUR needs after other people's needs?

How about if you view it as your DS's needs and how they come first and foremost before anyone else's needs? Does that make it easier? J

ust keep telling yourself, that if you say yes when you don't really want to that you are putting DCM's and DCB's needs before your DS's and your own needs. That should help when you are telling this DCM no, with a polite firmness.
Springdaze 07:37 AM 09-11-2012
I cant go to the gym because I dont have anyone to watch MY kids! besides, if she looked into it, childcare at a gym is less than you would charge. I paid 30 a month for unlimited times when I went. that was for 2 kids
Breezy 07:45 AM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by chellenj:
I cant go to the gym because I dont have anyone to watch MY kids! besides, if she looked into it, childcare at a gym is less than you would charge. I paid 30 a month for unlimited times when I went. that was for 2 kids
That's exactly what I told DH. I want to go to the gym.. she's already a skinny little twig who calls herself fat.. so no I can't watch your kid so you can do that when I need to and can't because of my own obligations! Though packing is a pretty good work out lol.
countrymom 07:54 AM 09-11-2012
I want to go to the gym too, so who wants to watch MY kids. I'm sorry but that is selfish, she doesn't see her kid for 10 hours a day so I guess another 2 hours aint going to make a difference. Wasn't her kid sick, why would you take them out in the rain so they can be even sicker.
Crazy8 07:58 AM 09-11-2012
I would have no problem saying NO WAY!!! 10.5 hours a day is already long enough!!!
Breezy 08:12 AM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I want to go to the gym too, so who wants to watch MY kids. I'm sorry but that is selfish, she doesn't see her kid for 10 hours a day so I guess another 2 hours aint going to make a difference. Wasn't her kid sick, why would you take them out in the rain so they can be even sicker.
Yup sick and raspy. I want to go real bad too but I know better than to take them out. Plus why expose them to other kids?
daycare 08:23 AM 09-11-2012
you will regret and resent this family if you do it. Trust me when I tell you that I have BTDT.

Don't feel bad....as the saying goes....DO NOT LET HER PROBLEMS BECOME YOURS!!!
cheerfuldom 09:16 AM 09-11-2012
I wouldnt do that for any daycare family, let alone one that is on the last few weeks of care.
daycarediva 11:06 AM 09-11-2012
I already accomodated one DCF for later evenings 4x a week. (due to a work schedule change) and now they are expecting accomodations again, (later, but three times a week). NOPE! If you give an inch....
lovemykidstoo 11:10 AM 09-11-2012
I would absolutely not do it. Your family comes first. I work unti 5:30 no exceptions!!
saved4always 03:37 PM 09-11-2012
Nope. No way would I watch her child longer to let her go to the gym. My kids ALWAYS come first so I would have no problem telling a dcm "no" if she is trying to cut into my family time. She should join a gym that has childcare. I know the YMCA in our area has childcare at certain hours.
crazydaycarelady 04:22 PM 09-11-2012
No way in HE!! Most gyms have childcare anyway.
momma2girls 08:30 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I feel the same way. I have a friend that needs daycare and she really wants me to watch her infant. She says she needs til 5:30 every evening. She was all excited till I told her I was done at 4:30. She was devastated she couldnt work out and run after work, before picking up the children. She has an interview with one of my daycare friends as well. I gave her a heads up on her wanting to work out, etc. after work. She closes at 5:00 also.
WOW!!!!
Reply Up