Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
daycarediva 10:31 AM 10-25-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:
A snowflake if ever I saw one.

I mean, I was as clear as day about my quiet time being non-negotiable. And yet, here is she is chatting, singing, crawling off her mat. Despite me reminding her that it's QT, she has pictures, a stuffed bunny, a warm blanket, etc.

So I'm thinking of emailing mom today and doing it instead. I just can't deal with deliberate disobedience. But I'm going to make it all about HER needs, because clearly she is so special.
wow. What is school going to be like for her?
Play Care 09:57 AM 10-26-2016
Not day care related.

We have a 2010 Toyota Sienna. A few weeks ago the passenger side automatic slider broke. The wire came undone. Took it to our regular mechanic and said it was a dealership problem.
Hubs is off work today and brought it to the dealership.

$2,100.

Completely ridiculous. The car has less than 60,000 miles on it because it's parked in the garage most days. It doesn't get a lot of wear and tear. That it broke at all ticks me off. That they are clearly trying to hose us makes it worse.
And for resale/trade in we really have no choice but to fix it (though we plan to call around)
daycarediva 10:56 AM 10-26-2016
Playcare, can you find out how complicated the repair is?

We have a local auto body/tech class that has kids (well, 17-20ish) repair cars for the cost of parts + donation, with a licensed mechanic supervising.

We also have my dad who is a mechanic. I replaced the transmission in my escalade for less than they quoted you.
BumbleBee 11:09 AM 10-26-2016
The 2 who need naps aren't napping. Grrrrrr
Controlled Chaos 12:01 PM 10-26-2016
Not day care related.

We have a 2010 Toyota Sienna. A few weeks ago the passenger side automatic slider broke. The wire came undone. Took it to our regular mechanic and said it was a dealership problem.

$2,100.

Completely ridiculous. The car has less than 60,000 miles on it because it's parked in the garage most days. It doesn't get a lot of wear and tear. That it broke at all ticks me off. That they are clearly trying to hose us makes it worse.
And for resale/trade in we really have no choice but to fix it (though we plan to call around)
Ack we have same car! Yep, call around. Good luck!
Blackcat31 12:15 PM 10-26-2016
Not day care related.

$2,100.

Youtube it!

If you or your DH isn't skilled enough, ask your mechanic if he will do it. My DS does ALL his own car repairs and he learns how to do a majority of them via Youtube.

My DH is mechanically inclined so I don't pay for car repairs ever (thank goodness!) but my DH says he knows how to fix stuff simply based on lack of options and money from when he was younger.
Hunni Bee 12:30 PM 10-26-2016
This exhausted child... flipping over chairs, her cot, the trashcan, talking at the top of her voice unless I tell her "no" for the entire two hour naptime. Nothing works to keep her quiet unless I put all 50 pounds of her in my lap and rock her to sleep. She has woken all but two of my kids.

This grandpa picks up between 2:40 and 3:00, tail end of naptime, everyday. Instead of waiting at the door for me to open it and send his granddaughter out..he has to come in, let the door slam, tries to wake up kids to say hi, riles up the kids who are already awake but sitting quietly, talks to his granddaughter and me, and then leaves and lets the door slam behind him.

What is P.M. snack? A mixture of chocolate chips, Golden Graham's and marshmallows.

I can't do today. I'm done.
sharlan 01:35 PM 10-26-2016
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
This exhausted child... flipping over chairs, her cot, the trashcan, talking at the top of her voice unless I tell her "no" for the entire two hour naptime. Nothing works to keep her quiet unless I put all 50 pounds of her in my lap and rock her to sleep. She has woken all but two of my kids.

This grandpa picks up between 2:40 and 3:00, tail end of naptime, everyday. Instead of waiting at the door for me to open it and send his granddaughter out..he has to come in, let the door slam, tries to wake up kids to say hi, riles up the kids who are already awake but sitting quietly, talks to his granddaughter and me, and then leaves and lets the door slam behind him.

What is P.M. snack? A mixture of chocolate chips, Golden Graham's and marshmallows.

Sugar, sugar, and more sugar. The person who makes the menu needs to deal with the kids.

Tell Grandpa to stay outside of the door.
Play Care 01:54 PM 10-26-2016
Thanks for the ideas, I'll have to check it out.

DH said they said it's because the automatic door motor is what went, and that need to be replaced. I was willing to shell out $500-$600, but not thousands.
Ugh. At this point the girls are older and my dc career is winding down. My next vehicle will not be a mini van.
Blackcat31 02:13 PM 10-26-2016
Thanks for the ideas, I'll have to check it out.

DH said they said it's because the automatic door motor is what went, and that need to be replaced. I was willing to shell out $500-$600, but not thousands.
Ugh. At this point the girls are older and my dc career is winding down. My next vehicle will not be a mini van.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFQa0ja5Ydg

Looks like the part (the motor that controls it) can be ordered for less than $200.
Rockgirl 02:20 PM 10-26-2016

I post a note on my front door every day during nap: "Quiet, please. Children are sleeping. And please don't ring the doorbell." If that doesn't fit your situation, you could always go the passive-aggressive route! In front of grandpa, tell the dc kids "It is still naptime. We are still quiet and still. Others are still sleeping--let's not disturb them."
LysesKids 06:33 AM 10-27-2016
Not happy, but have to do what I must to protect my business... the holidays are gonna suck this year
sunlight 06:56 AM 10-27-2016
First I apologize if this is the wrong place to post! I haven't been on this site for a while.

I have been providing childcare for the last 15 years. The last couple of years I started getting Eczema on my hands. I am constantly doing dishes, and hand washing and am now trying to concur this problem. My hands especially my right hand all around the knuckles and fingers are red and itchy and it looks AWFUL! I am starting to have some of my families ask if I'm ok!

Any advice on how to get rid of or control this Eczema? Over the counter Cortisone isn't helping. I have tried Essential oils not working. The only thing that helps is to keep my hands out of water! But due to the nature of our business that is impossible!!
Controlled Chaos 08:36 AM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by sunlight:
First I apologize if this is the wrong place to post! I haven't been on this site for a while.

I have been providing childcare for the last 15 years. The last couple of years I started getting Eczema on my hands. I am constantly doing dishes, and hand washing and am now trying to concur this problem. My hands especially my right hand all around the knuckles and fingers are red and itchy and it looks AWFUL! I am starting to have some of my families ask if I'm ok!

Any advice on how to get rid of or control this Eczema? Over the counter Cortisone isn't helping. I have tried Essential oils not working. The only thing that helps is to keep my hands out of water! But due to the nature of our business that is impossible!!
Im sorry! My DD has pretty rough exzema too Short of seeing a doctor, I would put Eucerin on your hands and sleep in gloves. I coat DD's whole little body in Eucerin and then put on light weight cotton jammies and her skin is always softer in the morning and the exzema patches look better. If I skip a day the patches get quite a bit worse.
Play Care 09:25 AM 10-27-2016

Have you seen a doctor to confirm your thought?
I would do that and get him to write a note stating the diagnosis and possible treatment as well as the fact it's not communicable for your files.
Then you can reassure your families as well as CYA if someone calls licensing (yep, wouldn't put it past anyone )
Also, I buy dishwashing gloves and wear them all the time. Even when I'm just loading the dishwasher or wiping down tables. Obviously I still have to wash my hands all.day.long but it helps.
Good Luck!
daycarediva 10:37 AM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Sugar, sugar, and more sugar. The person who makes the menu needs to deal with the kids.

Tell Grandpa to stay outside of the door.

Have you seen a doctor to confirm your thought?
I would do that and get him to write a note stating the diagnosis and possible treatment as well as the fact it's not communicable for your files.
Then you can reassure your families as well as CYA if someone calls licensing (yep, wouldn't put it past anyone )
Also, I buy dishwashing gloves and wear them all the time. Even when I'm just loading the dishwasher or wiping down tables. Obviously I still have to wash my hands all.day.long but it helps.
Good Luck!

this! I wear gloves a lot. I also eliminated antibacterial soaps.
Controlled Chaos 11:55 AM 10-27-2016
I never know whether what I want to post is a vent or funny...we need an "eyeroll" sticky thread. That is what most of my stories are lol

DCM brings in DCG (14m) and says "She might throw up, just a heads up"
Me: "Then she needs to go home"
DCM: "Oh no! She just ate something old out of the cup holder...I'm not sure what it was, but she's fine"
Me: "If you are worried she ate something dangerous, you need to call poison control, or take her home to moniter her. If she is fine she can stay. If she vomits I will call you for pick up."
DCM: "I was just trying to be funny. She's fine"

She didn't vomit. She was fine.
I get joking with your friends saying your little one ate a bug at the park...hope they don't barf hahaha kids are crazy/gross or whatever, BUT its not funny to say my kids might be ill and good luck/peace out to your provider. Not cool. Not funny.
Pepperth 02:04 PM 10-27-2016
Just found out my son is getting a special award at school tomorrow. Of course, I can't attend on such short notice. And it's at a time of year my hubby can't make it either. I love that he's getting a special award, but I so wish I could go see it.
Controlled Chaos 02:55 PM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
Just found out my son is getting a special award at school tomorrow. Of course, I can't attend on such short notice. And it's at a time of year my hubby can't make it either. I love that he's getting a special award, but I so wish I could go see it.
Congrats to your son! ❤️ Sorry you can't go.
Baby Beluga 04:02 PM 10-27-2016

DD has pretty bad eczema that gets worse due to food allergies. I get eczema on my hands from hand washing so much (and I am allergic to formaldehyde ) Here are a few things that help us:

DD's pedi perscribed fluocinolone oil, which helps A TON. Seriously, it will clear up an outbreak in a day. You just have to use it sparingly because when used too much it can bleach skin.

For DD I use to use vanicream lotion every night which also helped a lot. Now she uses cetaphil cream (not lotion). It works just as well.

For me - there is this stuff called zum rub. It is the best stuff ever! When I use it regularly it really helps to prevent eczema. I also use cetaphil, but zum rub is my go to. I prefer the lavendar mint or the dragon's blood mixes.

http://www.indigowild.com/bath-body/...isturizer.html
Baby Beluga 04:04 PM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Not happy, but have to do what I must to protect my business... the holidays are gonna suck this year
Oh no Are you not able to take time off this year?
LysesKids 05:09 PM 10-27-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Oh no Are you not able to take time off this year?
Oh I had planned vacation time, just had to literally terminate care unexpectedly for two toddlers 3 months before they were to age out so my funds are like gone 3 months before the new babies are to start (already have deposits on the spaces). I have bills to pay before I can take a vacation because my only income is from childcare (young widowed single, no hubby)
Can't take time off if no income is coming in... I can only take 4 babies at a time... 2 spaces empty is not good because of how it went down, but my reputation means more than $$
Blackcat31 06:16 AM 10-28-2016
Oh I had planned vacation time, just had to literally terminate care unexpectedly for two toddlers 3 months before they were to age out so my funds are like gone 3 months before the new babies are to start (already have deposits on the spaces). I have bills to pay before I can take a vacation because my only income is from childcare (young widowed single, no hubby)
Can't take time off if no income is coming in... I can only take 4 babies at a time... 2 spaces empty is not good because of how it went down, but my reputation means more than $$
I'm sorry.
I love this line of work but this business sucks sometimes.
Good for you for doing what you need to do though....sometimes that is worth more than the money.
Baby Beluga 08:43 AM 10-28-2016
I'm so sorry. I agree with BC above, sometimes the business side of this business sucks.
MunchkinWrangler 09:12 AM 10-28-2016

Winter is the worst for me but I don't have eczema. The constant soap and water strips your skin of it's natural moisturizers causing them to be extremely dry. I have honestly put just plain Vaseline or Aquaphor overnight and it helps, as well as using a heavier creamy lotion after handwashing(which licensing recommends because cracks in your skin can open you up to infection).
Unregistered 08:34 PM 10-28-2016
Cornhuskers Lotion. Old-time stuff but it works for me. My father grew up on a farm and he recommended it for me when my hands were always dry and cracked when I started child care.
lovemydaycare0912 03:42 PM 10-31-2016
Feeling mean after sticking to your policies but not really. If parents could just understand communication is key. Without it, yes I have no problem charging you late fees.
MsLisa 09:44 AM 11-01-2016
The amount of times I've created and recreated logos, advertisements, web page ideas, researched branding and all that crap, just to get someone, ANYONE for heck sake....you would think I would just give the f**k up already.
I'm so ungodly impatient, finicky, and pissy. But borderline insanity-driven determined at the same time....
finsup 09:48 AM 11-02-2016
Dcd drops off this morning and says they had to turn around and get a different pair of shoes because dcd just had to have them thanks dcd, that's super helpful when I'm trying very hard to teach your 3.5yr old throwing a fit gets you nothing grrr. So the shoes are ones with laces...can dcb tie? No. They tied pretty tight knots so he could just slip them on but it takes him 15 minutes to do it. Plus results in a screaming fit of "you do it"...no such luck kiddo. That doesn't work here. My attitude is "if you can, you do." I've got much younger kids who I HAVE to do things for because they're babies. You my friend, are 3.5 and have been putting your own gear on since you were 2.5 (at my house, at home, yeah he still doesn't...) Those shoes did make it challenging but not impossible. Sending a note home tonight to send him in his regular, velcro sneakers. Daycare is not a fashion show. Kids need sensible clothing and shoes that they can manage independently.
Blackcat31 10:15 AM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by finsup:
Dcd drops off this morning and says they had to turn around and get a different pair of shoes because dcd just had to have them thanks dcd, that's super helpful when I'm trying very hard to teach your 3.5yr old throwing a fit gets you nothing grrr. So the shoes are ones with laces...can dcb tie? No. They tied pretty tight knots so he could just slip them on but it takes him 15 minutes to do it. Plus results in a screaming fit of "you do it"...no such luck kiddo. That doesn't work here. My attitude is "if you can, you do." I've got much younger kids who I HAVE to do things for because they're babies. You my friend, are 3.5 and have been putting your own gear on since you were 2.5 (at my house, at home, yeah he still doesn't...) Those shoes did make it challenging but not impossible. Sending a note home tonight to send him in his regular, velcro sneakers. Daycare is not a fashion show. Kids need sensible clothing and shoes that they can manage independently.
lol! My vent is the exact opposite....

DCD keeps sending DCB in Vel-cro shoes.....how does that help when we are in the middle of learning how to tie our shoes??!!??

Easy (for me) is not my goal..... independence and self-help skills (for the kids) are the end game for me.
Indoorvoice 11:01 AM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

DCD keeps sending DCB in Vel-cro shoes.....how does that help when we are in the middle of learning how to tie our shoes??!!??

Easy (for me) is not my goal..... independence and self-help skills (for the kids) are the end game for me.
Do you have a magic way to teach them? I have been working on it for weeks with my 3.5 year old but I can't figure out how to simplify more than I am. And sometimes we are in a hurry so I have to just do it. I'm getting frustrated!
finsup 11:08 AM 11-02-2016

I definitely agree, but this kiddo is so not at a point where he can even attempt tying yet. Developmentally he's just not there. I just want him in gear he can do himself, and without tantrums if i won't do it for him. Dcm/dcd do EVERYTHING for him and it's really created a monster now that he's older
Blackcat31 11:14 AM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
Do you have a magic way to teach them? I have been working on it for weeks with my 3.5 year old but I can't figure out how to simplify more than I am. And sometimes we are in a hurry so I have to just do it. I'm getting frustrated!
Nope, no tricks or easy buttons. I just break it down into steps and we work on each step until it is mastered.

I have them do LOTS of observing and then I provide lots of encouragement to try a single step themselves.

I have one DCK (age 3) working on tying the two laces together....
"J, you tie them together and I'll help with the next step".

I demonstrate the next step (while he is mastering the first...)

Then when I think he's ready to move on to the next step, I add in the next part.

"J you do the first two steps like you've been working on and I'll help you with the next"

Etc etc....

I usually have the whole group sitting when we are preparing to go outside and each child is usually working on whatever step they are currently on....I move along back and forth between all the kids and assist and encourage where necessary.

I wish I did have a magic trick or easy answer but honestly it's just something that is embedded into our day. It's also something we do multiple times a day so with most my kids being FT, 5 days a week/2-3X's a day is a lot of practice.

Broken down in steps, each kid no matter where they are developmentally, can master a step at a time on their own pace.

I haven't had a single child leave my care for school not knowing how to tie their shoes.
Indoorvoice 12:27 PM 11-02-2016
Nope, no tricks or easy buttons. I just break it down into steps and we work on each step until it is mastered.

I have them do LOTS of observing and then I provide lots of encouragement to try a single step themselves.

I have one DCK (age 3) working on tying the two laces together....
"J, you tie them together and I'll help with the next step".

I demonstrate the next step (while he is mastering the first...)

Then when I think he's ready to move on to the next step, I add in the next part.

"J you do the first two steps like you've been working on and I'll help you with the next"

Etc etc....

I usually have the whole group sitting when we are preparing to go outside and each child is usually working on whatever step they are currently on....I move along back and forth between all the kids and assist and encourage where necessary.

I wish I did have a magic trick or easy answer but honestly it's just something that is embedded into our day. It's also something we do multiple times a day so with most my kids being FT, 5 days a week/2-3X's a day is a lot of practice.

Broken down in steps, each kid no matter where they are developmentally, can master a step at a time on their own pace.

I haven't had a single child leave my care for school not knowing how to tie their shoes.
Thanks! I didn't think to break it into steps for some reason. I've been doing it all at once and obviously her mind does not work that way. I'll keep trying. We also do it multiple times a day but I feel like we're always in a hurry. I need to sloooow down. This is my biggest struggle.
Blackcat31 12:38 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
Thanks! I didn't think to break it into steps for some reason. I've been doing it all at once and obviously her mind does not work that way. I'll keep trying. We also do it multiple times a day but I feel like we're always in a hurry. I need to sloooow down. This is my biggest struggle.
I have learned to be a bit proactive with some of the hurried parts of the day. If I know we are going to be going outside after center play, I'll have the kids that need some extra time pick up and head out to the cubby/coat room first while the rest of the kids are finishing their clean up and bathroom time.
This allows the kids that need that little bit of extra time (it CAN be incredibly hard to watch a child struggle with something you can so easily do in .5 nano-seconds...)

It just works well to give them a "head start" so I dont feel like I am rushing them or that I am making them feel I am impatient... especially when I kind of feel like, other than personal responsibility, being in a hurry is one of the biggest issues our current society struggles with.

Breaking it down into steps also gives the child small chances to feel successful and confident verses having to wait for the entire process to be completed before hearing "Yay! You did it!" kwim?
daycarediva 12:48 PM 11-02-2016
I would just be happy with shoes they could manage themselves. My 3yo's cannot manage SLIP ON SHOES, let alone tie.
Leigh 08:11 PM 11-02-2016
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I would just be happy with shoes they could manage themselves. My 3yo's cannot manage SLIP ON SHOES, let alone tie.
I have one who is 4.5 who can't manage slip ons, can't eat without getting food all over his face (cheeks, chin, often FOREHEAD). He can't fill his own cup at the refrigerator, can't wash his hands without instruction (and I repeat instructions every time). He's an awesome little boy, it's just that the elevator isn't going all the way to the top in some area of his brain. He's "smart"-he can tell you all about dinosaurs, he's good with letters (can't recognize some numbers, though). He tries to cover what he doesn't know by guessing. This drives me nuts-I don't know if he's trying to cover up ignorance, trying to avoid getting in trouble, or trying to learn. I wish his mom would have him evaluated, but 2 years ago, a head start "teacher" said he was smart, so that's good enough for her.
daycarediva 09:20 AM 11-03-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I have one who is 4.5 who can't manage slip ons, can't eat without getting food all over his face (cheeks, chin, often FOREHEAD). He can't fill his own cup at the refrigerator, can't wash his hands without instruction (and I repeat instructions every time). He's an awesome little boy, it's just that the elevator isn't going all the way to the top in some area of his brain. He's "smart"-he can tell you all about dinosaurs, he's good with letters (can't recognize some numbers, though). He tries to cover what he doesn't know by guessing. This drives me nuts-I don't know if he's trying to cover up ignorance, trying to avoid getting in trouble, or trying to learn. I wish his mom would have him evaluated, but 2 years ago, a head start "teacher" said he was smart, so that's good enough for her.
Sounds like my 3yo dcb. He speaks so well, he must not be delayed in any other area, right?
Leigh 09:37 AM 11-03-2016
NO, thorn-in-my-side DCM, your kids can NOT have lunch here because they showed up 20 minutes too late. AGAIN. As they do every day. Out of the 4-5 days per week that these kids attend, we have this conversation at least half of those days. Here by 11 or no lunch.

Today she walks in and says "Good, we're in time for lunch" as I'm starting to serve the kids. Um, no you're not. I didn't make enough for your kids because they weren't here when I started cooking. She looked at me like I had 5 heads. How hard is it to understand? She told me that they didn't have to have what the other kids had-I could just make them peanut butter and jelly. Nope, can't do that. Food program, out of bread. Bring 'em back after they're fed. Like I don't have enough to do that I have time to be a short-order, on-demand cook? I can't wait til after Christmas to tell this mom goodbye!

This is the same mom that has asked me THREE times in the last month to start opening at 5:30 AM for her kids. Nope. Nope. Nope.
Hunni Bee 09:54 AM 11-03-2016
Everything we talk about, see in a book, somebody else has....dcg has one at home.

Nunchucks? "I have that at my home..."

The Troll movie that hasn't come out yet? "I have that at my home..."

Power tools? Elephants? My cell phone? "I have one at my home. It's purple!"

Yikes.
childcaremom 09:56 AM 11-03-2016
Nothing specific but just a general feeling of ugh. I don't want to do this week anymore.
Hunni Bee 09:58 AM 11-03-2016
NO, thorn-in-my-side DCM, your kids can NOT have lunch here because they showed up 20 minutes too late. AGAIN. As they do every day. Out of the 4-5 days per week that these kids attend, we have this conversation at least half of those days. Here by 11 or no lunch.

Today she walks in and says "Good, we're in time for lunch" as I'm starting to serve the kids. Um, no you're not. I didn't make enough for your kids because they weren't here when I started cooking. She looked at me like I had 5 heads. How hard is it to understand? She told me that they didn't have to have what the other kids had-I could just make them peanut butter and jelly. Nope, can't do that. Food program, out of bread. Bring 'em back after they're fed. Like I don't have enough to do that I have time to be a short-order, on-demand cook? I can't wait til after Christmas to tell this mom goodbye!

This is the same mom that has asked me THREE times in the last month to start opening at 5:30 AM for her kids. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Snowmom 10:58 AM 11-03-2016
I'm happy and sad today.
DH is getting a promotion at work. While that itself is great and comes with an awesome pay increase, it means he's going to be traveling a lot.
About half the year.

And although that means I can stop doing DC if I want, I still need a PT job and I just turned down one last week that would've been perfect (hours fit into the kid's school schedule and mostly work from home).

Damn it.

Now, I'm looking at the winter months ahead knowing I'm going to have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to snow plow for DC because DH won't be home. I hate snow plowing.
nanglgrl 11:05 AM 11-03-2016
I have this 3.5yo dcb. He seems to speak so well but his receptive language is almost nonexistent. He knows a lot of vocabulary and facts but couldn't even put on crocs until a few months ago. He can't drink out of a cup without spilling, hold a pencil or scissors correctly no matter how much we work on it. There's something about his small muscle skills and bidirectional skills that's really more like what I see with 18 month olds. He's been with me since he was about a year old (only part time though) but the children he's grown up with are so much more capable of every task. I know his mom flashcarded him a lot and was always teaching him. I'm not sure if not playing enough/being flashcarded caused this or if something else is going on.
nanglgrl 11:11 AM 11-03-2016
Everything we talk about, see in a book, somebody else has....dcg has one at home.

Nunchucks? "I have that at my home..."

The Troll movie that hasn't come out yet? "I have that at my home..."

Power tools? Elephants? My cell phone? "I have one at my home. It's purple!"

Yikes.
I have one of those too (see what I did there?) 😂
CollegeWorker 01:30 PM 11-03-2016
I'm getting so stressed about one child's behavior needing constant monitoring. I recognize that most of it is me though. I'm new to the preschool age and while I'm aware its a transition age where they start learning more group and power play, it still stresses me out. I've worked infant-3 and K-4th, and it is a very different dynamic that I pray to god I get used to soon. If anyone knows where I can buy a chill pill to destress and stop worrying about the possibility of a paper cut, that would be great!
LysesKids 07:42 PM 11-03-2016
Not only did I have to give notice to 2 families ( they had technically aged out, but was trying to hold out until Thanksgiving), anyway... # 3 family; child ages out in March, I have now given notice because of a parents reckless behavior in a privately owned community; dad has been warned about speeding before, but yesterday he blew a stop sign too & almost injured a good friend of mine (caught on video camera).

Mobile home management contacted me and thanks to kids leaving early today, I had a chance to go and review the film. OMG, dad has been warned a few times, but this takes the cake... I will not lose my home (owned but on rental property) or business because he doesn't want to pay late pick up fees (late fees charged at least once a month). He doesn't get that the community can give me 30 day notice to move my home off their land. Worse yet, one of the new moms coming onboard in FEB is the secretary for my Home/Car/Liability ins guy. Send some good thoughts because I only have one months lot rent put back & am looking at 3 months of almost no income ( new families start in February)
BumbleBee 04:19 AM 11-04-2016
What in the world is going on this week?! These kids are a mess behavior wise. Glad it's Friday but today will be my most challenging group yet. Ugh! Of course I'm soloing until lunch because there's not enough kids to warrent having my assistant come in this morning.
midaycare 05:45 AM 11-04-2016
Ugh!!!!! New brother of a dcb started today. Only 2 days a week, thank goodness! I have 2 young babies on those days.

Dcm drops off during breakfast, telling me infant may be hungry because she didn't get to finish feeding him. Hands me Zarbees natural cold meds for big brother, gripe water for baby, FROZEN breast milk for a baby wanting food NOW, and acts like it's no big deal Oh yeah, infant hasn't had a bm since Friday.
Controlled Chaos 08:09 AM 11-04-2016
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Ugh!!!!! New brother of a dcb started today. Only 2 days a week, thank goodness! I have 2 young babies on those days.

Dcm drops off during breakfast, telling me infant may be hungry because she didn't get to finish feeding him. Hands me Zarbees natural cold meds for big brother, gripe water for baby, FROZEN breast milk for a baby wanting food NOW, and acts like it's no big deal Oh yeah, infant hasn't had a bm since Friday.
ugh. That's rough.
BumbleBee 10:06 AM 11-04-2016
Listening to "I don't wanna go to bed" at various decibals complete with a flailing tantrum and screaming for the last 40 minutes is working my nerves right now.

You're 4. You need a nap. Shut up and go to sleep.

Fwiw all of my other dck's are completely ignoring him and drifting off to sleep while he carries on. Wish I could seperate him so they didn't have to listen to him but I have nowhere to put him.
Pestle 01:07 PM 11-07-2016
Naked screaming. Among consenting adults, that's known as "sexytime." Among non-consenting adults, that's known as "enhanced interrogation."

Around here? It's just a Monday after the day care kids were up too late all weekend.
Controlled Chaos 02:59 PM 11-07-2016
Originally Posted by Pestle:
Naked screaming. Among consenting adults, that's known as "sexytime." Among non-consenting adults, that's known as "enhanced interrogation."

Around here? It's just a Monday after the day care kids were up too late all weekend.

Unregistered 10:25 PM 11-07-2016
I cannot stand when parents make excuses for their child's behavior. "He's a little stubborn". "Maybe his personality clashes with the teacher's". Or maybe his parents do everything for him and constantly give in just make life easier in the moment all the time. That's a better explanation for why he cannot handle frustration, wants to be waited on for simple tasks, has no patience, hits to get toys he wants, thinks he doesn't have to go along with the class, etc than "he's stubborn".
MsLisa 07:48 AM 11-08-2016
Get interested clients. Have great conversations. Meet up. Everything goes peachy. POOF! Gone....
AND REPEAT....

This has happened 4 time so far.
- Realtor loved me, even set a day to start all excited, POOF! Cancels last minute, hasn't reached out since.
- A family on Care meets me, loves me, says we will get together to get more acclimated, POOF! Silence.
- Two ladies via FB groups, really interested for date night use, have great convos/exchange numbers....POOF! Silence.

Sadly, I'm taking it personally and, being someone who constantly seeks to improves themselves (with never-ending unattainable standards), I go mental thinking its something wrong with me. Why can't people just be honest and upfront. I hate games.
Leigh 10:44 AM 11-08-2016

11:17 today...drop off kids and tell them "eat good at lunch". Nope, not on time AGAIN, not enough food for them. That's the end of it. Bye-Bye. Friday's their last day-AND, I have already replaced both of them!
Heart12 11:36 AM 11-10-2016
So tempted to call DCM for pick up but I'm trying to push through bc it is 1hr until pick up. All of my DCK went to sleep without any issues almost 2 freaking hours ago. All except for my problem DCB. You can scream & fuss all you want but you will not get up until nap time is over! So over this!!!!!I threatened to term a few months back because of the constant crying ALL DAY LONG & not sleeping & then things got better. Now this week has been pure hell. Im done!!! Seriously reconsidering putting that star on the calendar. I could easily fill this spot. Why am I so nice?!
jenboo 04:49 PM 11-10-2016
Can i put a star on the calendar for my own kid?
Toddlerhood
Blackcat31 05:22 PM 11-10-2016
Originally Posted by jenboo:
Can i put a star on the calendar for my own kid?
Toddlerhood

lovemydaycare0912 04:52 AM 11-11-2016
Why are you upset I didn't let your mom drop off 10 minutes earlier than your contracted time? I don't understand why that had to even be discussed. You chose the time, not me.
daycarediva 10:45 AM 11-11-2016
My dcb who I suspect has some sort of disability, is now pushing everyone. All.day.long. I called for pickup yesterday because I was done. Today he was doing ok until lunch. I excused him from the table and told him to lay down on his mat. He has been SCREECHING (no tears) ever since. That was over an hour ago.

Star is on the calendar.
BumbleBee 12:21 PM 11-11-2016
Why do Friday's suck so much? It should be my easiest day with only 5 kids versus the normal 10-12 the other 4 days of the week.
Febby 07:20 PM 11-11-2016
If state gives my classroom one more violation for tape residue and/or crayon marks, I'm going to lose it. It's a preschool classroom. What are you expecting? I swear someone in licensing must have some sort of personal issue with my center because I have never seen another center get written up for crayon marks or tape residue unless it was seriously excessive, which ours most certainly isn't.
LysesKids 08:07 AM 11-13-2016
Dear family, what part of the policy stating I am not available on weekends for payments or schedule changes do you not understand? Not only have you tried to switch the start date 4 times in 48 hrs, technically you aren't even a client yet because I have no signed contract or paperwork (Drop-in care no less)

Have a nice weekend and I guess I won't see you Monday morning
BumbleBee 01:17 PM 11-13-2016
Both of these are completely my fault, and one that's just annoying. I still need to vent though.

Log into Michigan Unemployment Agency to check something and, surprise!, I have a $500 fine. WTF?!?!?!? Turns out I filed my first quarter report but failed, somehow, to pay. Quarters 2 & 3 were paid, I just screwed up payment on quarter 1. UGH!

Entering info into KidKare and get to thinking it's about time for parents to re-sign the paperwork. Go look at the expiration dates aaand....they all expired on August 31st. Wonderful. Way to be on top of things right? I'm so mad at myself.

Third one, received a notice from the IRS that I didn't pay my employer taxes for March. Um, yes I did. Go back to look. Yup, there it is. Paid in full. So now I get to make copies of the paperwork they're requesting to show them that it was, indeed, paid. Just one more thing to do!
Josiegirl 02:56 PM 11-13-2016
Oh No Bumble Bee, that's not good!! Wishing you much better days ahead. That was 3 strikes so now you're golden.

DaveA 03:24 AM 11-14-2016
Wow BumbleBee- at least you got your 3 things out of the way in a bunch.
Blackcat31 06:52 AM 11-14-2016
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
Both of these are completely my fault, and one that's just annoying. I still need to vent though.

Log into Michigan Unemployment Agency to check something and, surprise!, I have a $500 fine. WTF?!?!?!? Turns out I filed my first quarter report but failed, somehow, to pay. Quarters 2 & 3 were paid, I just screwed up payment on quarter 1. UGH!

Entering info into KidKare and get to thinking it's about time for parents to re-sign the paperwork. Go look at the expiration dates aaand....they all expired on August 31st. Wonderful. Way to be on top of things right? I'm so mad at myself.

Third one, received a notice from the IRS that I didn't pay my employer taxes for March. Um, yes I did. Go back to look. Yup, there it is. Paid in full. So now I get to make copies of the paperwork they're requesting to show them that it was, indeed, paid. Just one more thing to do!
I'm sorry you are having such a string of unfortunate events...

In regards to the info bolded above about KidKare....isn't that the new version of MMK? If so, how does your program do parent renewals? My agency sends me all the parent renewals in duplicate and gives me a date to have them returned.

If I dont' return them I would not be able to submit the next months claim so there is no way I'd ever get past that unless I wanted to not do them...kwim?

I'm just curious as to why your agency didnt' say anything?
BumbleBee 04:16 PM 11-14-2016
I'm sorry you are having such a string of unfortunate events...

In regards to the info bolded above about KidKare....isn't that the new version of MMK? If so, how does your program do parent renewals? My agency sends me all the parent renewals in duplicate and gives me a date to have them returned.

If I dont' return them I would not be able to submit the next months claim so there is no way I'd ever get past that unless I wanted to not do them...kwim?

I'm just curious as to why your agency didnt' say anything?
I get nothing. Not a notice, phone call, e mail, nothing. Just no money for sep or oct.
lovemydaycare0912 10:17 AM 11-15-2016
Same dcm that pulled her kid questions me NOW why her copay was the amount it was if the state paid what they did monthly. Like NOW you want to ask. After I kindly enlightened her and gave her step by step calculations she said Okay. I don't get it.
LysesKids 07:45 PM 11-15-2016
Do you not get that I don't answer emails except for submission forms from the webpage? Texting or calling to talk is best - My policies state that you need to call or text with changes or heaven forbid if I need to explain something and I leave a message on voicemail to do it between certain hrs WEEKDAYS... same mom as last rant, she is still trying to email me.

I sent a final warning that if she didn't call, I would not accept drop-in schedule for any reason( I need the $$, not the headache)
Blackcat31 07:13 AM 11-16-2016
Oh my.....this kid literally never stops talking....

It's constant and it's all done in run-on sentences spoken just under his breath so I can barely hear him and none of it is necessarily said TO me.

He says my name but it's just constant babble....

I'm going insane! I'm trying hard to find a constructive way and positive way to tell him to stop talking.

Please.

"Miss BC, I'm following the instructions"
Miss BC I'm working on a red one
Miss BC I'm still following directions
We have one of these at home Miss BC
We have better ones at home Miss BC
Am I following the directions
This is the red one right Miss BC
Miss BC we've done this activity before right?
We will all get a turn right Miss BC
Miss BC my friends and I will all get a turn
Im done with the red one so now Im on the blue one
Miss BC I'm working on the blue one
Is this the directions for the blue one
Miss BC these blue ones are the same as the red ones
Did all my friends get a turn Miss BC
The one I have at home has red and blue Miss BC
Red is my favorite color Miss BC
Miss BC blue is my other favorite color
Friends did you know yellow is my favorite color
Yellow isn't my real favorite color. Blue is.
Miss BC did you know orange is my favorite
Am I still following the directions Miss BC
I know what we are going to do when we are done with this
Miss BC what are we doing after we are done with this
I already knew that was what we were doing Miss BC
I do that at home too Miss BC
I don't have red ones but I have blue ones
Hey Miss BC what's next? Miss BC is this right?
Im not doing this anymore, can I do something else
I still want to work on this Miss BC"

finsup 07:15 AM 11-16-2016
This morning had been FUN. (Sarcasm)....dcb 3.5 is exhausted, again. Dcm just doesn't get it, he's nodding off halfway through the morning and anytime he "has" to do anything, it's a meltdown. My 5 year old decided he forgot how to do simple addition (which he breezed through like 2 pages of math problems yesterday because he WANTED to) but today?! Oh no...he no longer remembers and threw a huge, toddler-like tantrum. Then my youngest son who is generally so happy and cute all day has started yelling angrily when he doesn't get what he wants right that second. I get it...he's 13 months...they do this lol. But man, after the morning with the big kids, I was just like for the love of all things good...stop!!
Yeah....2hrs 15mins until nap time...
Annalee 09:11 AM 11-16-2016

It's constant and it's all done in run-on sentences spoken just under his breath so I can barely hear him and none of it is necessarily said TO me.

I'm going insane! I'm trying hard to find a constructive way and positive way to tell him to stop talking.

Please.

I have an immature dcg4 who does this.....even if she needs to potty.....I hear a quiet-muffled-all-in-one-word Ms. xxxxx I need to potty....ms xxxx I need to potty! sometimes I don't even know what she is saying so I have to stop what I am doing to listen...her grandma babies her so much! She is going to PRE-k next year and I can't wait till grandma deals on a classroom/teacher level....If she thinks I am bad, just wait!
Miss A 09:40 AM 11-16-2016
To the mom who puts her kid in one room of the house with a baby gate, TV, baby blanket, and sippy of juice, you have done your kid a huge disservice.

My BFF has done this. Now, he comes to me 3 days a week, and he is lost. He hates not having the TV on, he can't play with other kids, he wanders around dragging his blanket and sucking his thumb all day. He is 2.5, can't talk, hits, pushes, steals toys, and is still spoon fed at home. You would think that after a month he would adapt, but no. He makes for long days.
LostMyMarbles 10:33 AM 11-16-2016
I agreed to take a family 30 minutes early two days this week. Today mom show up 12 minutes earlier than the agree time. Seriously? I am helping you out with allowing them to come at 645 as it is, now you show up at 632... Um no! I let them stand outside. I opened the door at 641 and said, you are early. AMMMMMMM IIIIII ( as she bats her eyes and tilts her head and twirls her hair) ? Up you are, I was blow drying my hair and thought I heard someone pounding on my door.

Ugh!
daycarediva 11:07 AM 11-16-2016
TEACH YOUR CHILDREN TO BLOW and WIPE THEIR NOSE.

4yo. Lets it run until it's in her mouth. Cannot CLEAR her throat, that throaty noise drives me crazy!
BumbleBee 04:35 PM 11-18-2016
Dear dcm,

Thanks for the $36 extra tonight. But instead of the $$$ I'd rather you just not be late. Especially on a Friday!
BumbleBee 04:38 PM 11-18-2016

Please.

I have one of these. 4 yr old. Never shuts up. Please share if you figure out how to make it stop!
Josiegirl 02:31 AM 11-19-2016
I have one of these. 4 yr old. Never shuts up. Please share if you figure out how to make it stop!
I had a 3 yo dcg that was out for a few days and when she came back she literally would not stop talking. She didn't care if anyone was listening or not. I texted her mom and said 'did you guys not let ****** talk at all while she was out?'
Josiegirl 03:26 AM 11-20-2016
I am donedonedone with all of the rules they throw at you! Even the professionals don't understand and think many of them are way over the top. Licensing is confused. If you take a training in person it can contradict what the pre-training modules told you.
How in heaven's name are we supposed to know what's right, wrong, or acceptable with all of these discrepancies?

Please.....just let me take care of these children to the best of my ever-loving capabilities and experience from having 4 of my own and 34 years of child care under my belt. I don't know it all but common sense, to me, plays a huge part, wouldn't you think????
I truly feel I did a much better job and the kids were way happier back when I didn't have to worry about all of this extra @hit.
Blackcat31 08:07 AM 11-20-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I am donedonedone with all of the rules they throw at you! Even the professionals don't understand and think many of them are way over the top. Licensing is confused. If you take a training in person it can contradict what the pre-training modules told you.
How in heaven's name are we supposed to know what's right, wrong, or acceptable with all of these discrepancies?

Please.....just let me take care of these children to the best of my ever-loving capabilities and experience from having 4 of my own and 34 years of child care under my belt. I don't know it all but common sense, to me, plays a huge part, wouldn't you think????
I truly feel I did a much better job and the kids were way happier back when I didn't have to worry about all of this extra @hit.
so agree!
BumbleBee 01:44 PM 11-20-2016
Just because I required your child to stay home for 24 hours after I sent him home for wheezing with stridor & the croup cough, does not mean your child can come on my prescheduled day off. You've been here for 2 years, I always take Thanksgiving and Black Friday off.

Same family asked if I was still taking a week off between Christmas and New Year's because I had to close for a week in October when I had e-coli. Yes, I am still taking my vacation week.
lovemydaycare0912 07:31 PM 11-20-2016
Same dcm that went MIA on me last month after offering her a part-time slot. Comes back last week asking about the spot then disappears again. Then comes back and says if her child starts this week does she have to pay for Thanksgiving? This is ALL AFTER I already sent her our handbook.

I kindly told her I can no longer offer her the slot. And for future reference, she might want to read the handbook as it outlines all policies.

I don't get it. Why can't you just read?
Josiegirl 02:42 AM 11-21-2016
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
Same dcm that went MIA on me last month after offering her a part-time slot. Comes back last week asking about the spot then disappears again. Then comes back and says if her child starts this week does she have to pay for Thanksgiving? This is ALL AFTER I already sent her our handbook.

I kindly told her I can no longer offer her the slot. And for future reference, she might want to read the handbook as it outlines all policies.

I don't get it. Why can't you just read?
I completely understand your frustration but yet, I can almost see the other side of it too ya know? I received an 18 page Code blue book from a training plus a 15 page medication instruction manual from a different training, and this was from Saturday alone. I still have a state regulation book (Received a couple months ago)that has way too many pages and too much professional jargon...I need to read it all but haven't. Life gets busy and sometimes it's easier just to ask 1 question rather than read read read. I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way it goes.
As for the slot, sounds like you needed to fill it with somebody else due to her non-communication anyways.
Play Care 02:56 AM 11-21-2016
Just because I required your child to stay home for 24 hours after I sent him home for wheezing with stridor & the croup cough, does not mean your child can come on my prescheduled day off. You've been here for 2 years, I always take Thanksgiving and Black Friday off.

Same family asked if I was still taking a week off between Christmas and New Year's because I had to close for a week in October when I had e-coli. Yes, I am still taking my vacation week.
You mean your e-coli week WASN'T a vacation?!
Josiegirl 09:24 AM 11-21-2016
sigh....I brought my car to the mechanic for tire change and he knows I'm putting as little as I can into it because I need one before June anyways. He calls me and says he put the winters on BUT...... calipers, brake pads, rotors, won't know until I get in there..... I totally trust this guy so know he won't change anything he doesn't have to. Worst case scenario he says, 400 bucks. Just cannot win some days.
lovemydaycare0912 09:41 AM 11-21-2016
I completely understand your frustration but yet, I can almost see the other side of it too ya know? I received an 18 page Code blue book from a training plus a 15 page medication instruction manual from a different training, and this was from Saturday alone. I still have a state regulation book (Received a couple months ago)that has way too many pages and too much professional jargon...I need to read it all but haven't. Life gets busy and sometimes it's easier just to ask 1 question rather than read read read. I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way it goes.
As for the slot, sounds like you needed to fill it with somebody else due to her non-communication anyways.
I hear what you're saying. I was just annoyed because both times she's like I need daycare immediately but then falls off the face of the earth.
Snowmom 07:12 AM 11-22-2016
You know those mornings when everyone is loud and misbehaving because they know it's bus time and think you're probably not paying attention, even though you always are.
Then you have to raise your voice because it's so loud and tell Johnny to stop hitting Sally right when a parent walks in the door.

Yea, that was my morning.

I hate, hate, hate raising my voice and rarely have to do it. But it always seems I do when this ONE parent drops off.

Miss A 08:58 AM 11-22-2016

Right? Whatever happened to letting children have childhoods? Now the state wants to dictate how they learn and how we teach them. Want them to be responsible adults who contribute to society? Oops, sorry, state says you can't wash the dishes or sweep the floor while there are children in your care. Want children to demonstrate patience and learn to take turns? How, when state steps in and says no child should have to wait more than 3 minutes for any activity, and dings you for each time you ask a child to wait.

Common sense and love will go much farther to help create a well rounded child who grows up to be a respectable adult than any state rule or regulation put into place.
MsLisa 09:04 AM 11-22-2016
I swear to all that is holy, if I turn down all these full-time needing parents and the family set to use me full-time starting Jan 2017 mysteriously disappears, I'll die. I'm finally getting traction with all these interested clients (thanks fb) but had to turn them all down cause of the full-time client coming. Nothing just works out for me so i'm assuming the worst already. One more month....
lovemydaycare0912 10:25 AM 11-22-2016
All my kids are sleeping peacefully. Same neighbors that woke me up last night have their little devils of children running around and what sounds like jumping and falling on the ground. I am trying to keep my calm and just eat Doritos hoping that will make me feel better.
jenboo 10:25 AM 11-22-2016
Is it Wednesday at 6pm yet??!!
5/6 have been having a melt down for the past two hours.
I'm. So. Done.
Unregistered 08:47 PM 11-29-2016
Dear parents, please stop letting your four year olds watch power Rangers. Or max steel. Or the first person shooter games played by family members. Whatever happened to sesame Street? Or even the ____ "junior" shows? My son is five and has no idea what a power Ranger is. Nor does he run around trying to shoot things. It is possible to filter how much media violence they are exposed to! I know that sort of play is developmentally appropriate but they don't need extra inspiration. Am I wrong? I just don't think power Rangers is age appropriate for a four year old.
Blackcat31 06:19 AM 11-30-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Dear parents, please stop letting your four year olds watch power Rangers. Or max steel. Or the first person shooter games played by family members. Whatever happened to sesame Street? Or even the ____ "junior" shows? My son is five and has no idea what a power Ranger is. Nor does he run around trying to shoot things. It is possible to filter how much media violence they are exposed to! I know that sort of play is developmentally appropriate but they don't need extra inspiration. Am I wrong? I just don't think power Rangers is age appropriate for a four year old.
Aw, why you picking on Power Rangers...

My kids (both my son and my daughter) loved Power Rangers when they were young!

There is no denying that the show contains violence, in fact when the show first came out a study was done for the Child Study Journal claiming over two hundred violent acts per episode. (Boyatzis, Matillo 1995)

This does not mean that the show should not be watched by children. Violence is an everyday occurrence and the Power Rangers teach children how to deal with and stop violence.

A survey in 2009 stated that over 60 percent of children have been exposed to violence in that year. (Finkelhor, Hamby, Kracke, Ormrod, Turner. 2009)

If that’s still the case wouldn’t we want our children to be able to understand the difference between unnecessary and necessary violence?

In MMPR (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) the heroes defend the city from evil. The rules of being a Ranger are laid out to never use power for personal gain or let the force escalate unless there is no other alternative.

Being as unrealistic as the show is it still can teach our children when violence should be used and when it should not.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/other...n-could-a87706
Controlled Chaos 10:08 AM 11-30-2016
Aw, why you picking on Power Rangers...

My kids (both my son and my daughter) loved Power Rangers when they were young!

There is no denying that the show contains violence, in fact when the show first came out a study was done for the Child Study Journal claiming over two hundred violent acts per episode. (Boyatzis, Matillo 1995)

This does not mean that the show should not be watched by children. Violence is an everyday occurrence and the Power Rangers teach children how to deal with and stop violence.

A survey in 2009 stated that over 60 percent of children have been exposed to violence in that year. (Finkelhor, Hamby, Kracke, Ormrod, Turner. 2009)

If that’s still the case wouldn’t we want our children to be able to understand the difference between unnecessary and necessary violence?

In MMPR (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers) the heroes defend the city from evil. The rules of being a Ranger are laid out to never use power for personal gain or let the force escalate unless there is no other alternative.

Being as unrealistic as the show is it still can teach our children when violence should be used and when it should not.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/other...n-could-a87706
BC even has sources for MMPR?! You're killin me! (in a non violent and age appropriate kind of way)
Play Care 10:37 AM 11-30-2016
Not day care related.
We had decided to set up the new kittens in the (finished) basement. Once they were comfortable we would introduce them to the rest of the house, but basement is "cat central"
Their beds, toys, food, water, and litter boxes are there. That's where they will go when it's bedtime, and when we are away, and during day care.

My vent is my one relative, who is very animal centered, is annoyed. Keeps asking when they can go upstairs, etc.

Like by not allowing "free range" we are somehow not being good pet parents.

(And I totally get it's none of her business and we can do whatever )
Blackcat31 11:14 AM 11-30-2016
Originally Posted by Controlled Chaos:
BC even has sources for MMPR?! You're killin me! (in a non violent and age appropriate kind of way)
lol! What can I say?!
I'm an information junkie.

I hated MMPR but my kids loved them and after watching with them I realized the message was a good one!
Blackcat31 11:20 AM 11-30-2016
Not day care related.
We had decided to set up the new kittens in the (finished) basement. Once they were comfortable we would introduce them to the rest of the house, but basement is "cat central"
Their beds, toys, food, water, and litter boxes are there. That's where they will go when it's bedtime, and when we are away, and during day care.

My vent is my one relative, who is very animal centered, is annoyed. Keeps asking when they can go upstairs, etc.

Like by not allowing "free range" we are somehow not being good pet parents.

(And I totally get it's none of her business and we can do whatever )
Tell her they'll be allowed up stairs whenshe agrees to come clean your house every week.

I get it though... its bad enough you get unsolicited advice as a parent but when you start getting it in regards to your pet it crosses a line.

Saw a post this morning on another board asking about outdoor pet beds and everyone jumped all over the poster about being a bad pet parent because she/he allows her pet outdoors... That's not what the question was
Play Care 06:21 AM 12-01-2016
My parents are "those" people on social media who post and share things without verifying if what they are posting, is in fact, true.

No, mom, the Obama's did not change the name of the White House Christmas tree to Holiday Tree.
And this is easily dispelled by a simple google search.

Stop being "those" people.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43  ... Last
Reply Up