Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-09-2015, 06:25 AM
SilverSabre25's Avatar
SilverSabre25 SilverSabre25 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where I am legally unlicensed ;), USA
Posts: 7,625
Default Oh, But She's So Sensitive

I mentioned to DCD yesterday that dcg2 was throwing sand and not obeying my role that the sandbox was closed (following am Incident with sand in the eyes), so I sat her on a chair beside me for a minute and she wad unhappy about it. This was shortly before pick up, so she was still grumping; she holds grudges.

His response was basically the title. "Oh she's so sensitive, we don't do anything like that. "

Yeah and she's TWO. Stop these behaviors NOW before she hits 3 and has a sibling...I didn't say that *exactly* but I thought it, and said something about I know she's sensitive, but throwing sand is a safety issue and I can't let that happen. If she doesn't stop after the first warning, I need to do something to prevent it from happening at all.

Grrr. Sensitivity is NO excuse for poor behavior. Being two is close to am excuse, because I know they can't help certain things. I get it. But really. She's getting downright defiant. She knows how to use that pout to great effect.
__________________
Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-09-2015, 06:36 AM
mommyneedsadayoff's Avatar
mommyneedsadayoff mommyneedsadayoff is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,751
Default

"So are the other children's eyes, which is why we don't throw sand!" I hate when parents defend obvious bad behavior.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-09-2015, 06:56 AM
NeedaVaca's Avatar
NeedaVaca NeedaVaca is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Middle
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff View Post
"So are the other children's eyes, which is why we don't throw sand!" I hate when parents defend obvious bad behavior.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Thriftylady's Avatar
Thriftylady Thriftylady is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca View Post
Can I do a double like here? Parents need to get it together.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-09-2015, 07:55 AM
hope's Avatar
hope hope is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,520
Default

I always wonder what happens to these kids in school. Do parents stop making excuses once a child is school aged? Do the parents continue to make excuses and the teachers just push them along never really learning social skills?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-09-2015, 07:57 AM
childcaremom's Avatar
childcaremom childcaremom is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,969
Default

These will be the children whose parents call the school and complain when their little Susie gets in trouble. Yep, seen that a few times.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-09-2015, 08:25 AM
SilverSabre25's Avatar
SilverSabre25 SilverSabre25 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where I am legally unlicensed ;), USA
Posts: 7,625
Default

She's just so tantrumy lately! I know a lot of it is two and a half, but gosh, she's tough some days. And I have a feeling that her parents find it cute and give in. I'm starting to find her pouting borderline infuriating!

I just had to feed my own to kids a quick snack and pack them a lunch to send them off with my sister for a homeschool activity, and this dcg2 lost it... that I wasn't feeding her the food I was packing for them, that I fed them a snack (she wasn't supposed to see it, and I gave her some too when she saw it, but still, she YELLED at them for eating), then she yelled and cried that I let my daughter leave, that it wasn't her mommy, that she can't go too. ..

Smh. I forgot how awful 2.5 can be.
__________________
Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-09-2015, 08:27 AM
SilverSabre25's Avatar
SilverSabre25 SilverSabre25 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Where I am legally unlicensed ;), USA
Posts: 7,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by childcaremom View Post
These will be the children whose parents call the school and complain when their little Susie gets in trouble. Yep, seen that a few times.
I had one of these in my finger girl scout troop last year! "We can't do that activity but we'll do it in our own and the trip needs to buy us the patch. "

"We can't go to that activity because MY child's OTHER activities, you need to reschedule. Or schedule a second time slot when we can do it. "

"You need to accommodate my child's 101 allergies" then they don't show up to the meeting.
__________________
Hee hee! Look, I have a signature!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Heidi's Avatar
Heidi Heidi is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
She's just so tantrumy lately! I know a lot of it is two and a half, but gosh, she's tough some days. And I have a feeling that her parents find it cute and give in. I'm starting to find her pouting borderline infuriating!

I just had to feed my own to kids a quick snack and pack them a lunch to send them off with my sister for a homeschool activity, and this dcg2 lost it... that I wasn't feeding her the food I was packing for them, that I fed them a snack (she wasn't supposed to see it, and I gave her some too when she saw it, but still, she YELLED at them for eating), then she yelled and cried that I let my daughter leave, that it wasn't her mommy, that she can't go too. ..

Smh. I forgot how awful 2.5 can be.
I think we need to bring back the phrase "tough Chucky, kiddo!" followed by "now, go PLAY!" I just reinstituted signing loudly (and badly) "You can't always have what you waaannt" by the Rolling Stones.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-09-2015, 12:58 PM
auntymimi's Avatar
auntymimi auntymimi is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
I think we need to bring back the phrase "tough Chucky, kiddo!" followed by "now, go PLAY!" I just reinstituted signing loudly (and badly) "You can't always have what you waaannt" by the Rolling Stones.
Haha, I do that all the time. I sing at my kiddos a lot, they think it's funny. "Why you gotta be so ruuuuuude!" But I'll change the lyrics to fit the situation "little girls with attituuuuuuude! You can't act that way in schoooool!" They will usually laugh and help me make up words. My dad did this with us growing up, he could only ever remember the chorus to songs so he would make up the rest to fit any particular situation. It's a game I've always enjoyed.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-09-2015, 01:19 PM
nannyde's Avatar
nannyde nannyde is offline
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 7,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
I mentioned to DCD yesterday that dcg2 was throwing sand and not obeying my role that the sandbox was closed (following am Incident with sand in the eyes), so I sat her on a chair beside me for a minute and she wad unhappy about it. This was shortly before pick up, so she was still grumping; she holds grudges.

His response was basically the title. "Oh she's so sensitive, we don't do anything like that. "

Yeah and she's TWO. Stop these behaviors NOW before she hits 3 and has a sibling...I didn't say that *exactly* but I thought it, and said something about I know she's sensitive, but throwing sand is a safety issue and I can't let that happen. If she doesn't stop after the first warning, I need to do something to prevent it from happening at all.

Grrr. Sensitivity is NO excuse for poor behavior. Being two is close to am excuse, because I know they can't help certain things. I get it. But really. She's getting downright defiant. She knows how to use that pout to great effect.
I'm sensitive too. When I come to a red light I want to speed through it. I don't like to wait. Maybe I could just tell the police man I can't be ticketed because I'm sensitive about paying fines and having a motor vehicle charge on my record.

Sigh

Every kid is "sensitive" about receiving a no and a consequence. Haven't met one that wasn't.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-15-2015, 05:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

one of my parents taught their kids, "You get what you get, and you don't get upset."

AWESOME!!! I totally stole it, and now they all say (sing) it along with me.

I also have, "suck it up, buttercup" that my mom always told us kids...

Kids have to learn that it is not all about them, all the time. Stop spoiling them, people!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-15-2015, 05:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Oh, and their kids are the best behaved in my daycare!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ooh She's Coming Into Her Own! Josiegirl Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 3 11-02-2013 10:20 AM
DCG is Highly Sensitive, DCPs are NOT SilverSabre25 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 05-15-2012 02:43 AM
Potty Training-Need Advice About 2 Kids kitkat Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 4 01-07-2011 12:13 PM
Spirited Infant Requires Constant Holding? MomOfMia Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 11 11-12-2009 09:16 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:00 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming