Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh, But She's So Sensitive
SilverSabre25 06:25 AM 10-09-2015
I mentioned to DCD yesterday that dcg2 was throwing sand and not obeying my role that the sandbox was closed (following am Incident with sand in the eyes), so I sat her on a chair beside me for a minute and she wad unhappy about it. This was shortly before pick up, so she was still grumping; she holds grudges.

His response was basically the title. "Oh she's so sensitive, we don't do anything like that. "

Yeah and she's TWO. Stop these behaviors NOW before she hits 3 and has a sibling...I didn't say that *exactly* but I thought it, and said something about I know she's sensitive, but throwing sand is a safety issue and I can't let that happen. If she doesn't stop after the first warning, I need to do something to prevent it from happening at all.

Grrr. Sensitivity is NO excuse for poor behavior. Being two is close to am excuse, because I know they can't help certain things. I get it. But really. She's getting downright defiant. She knows how to use that pout to great effect.
mommyneedsadayoff 06:36 AM 10-09-2015
"So are the other children's eyes, which is why we don't throw sand!" I hate when parents defend obvious bad behavior.
NeedaVaca 06:56 AM 10-09-2015
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
"So are the other children's eyes, which is why we don't throw sand!" I hate when parents defend obvious bad behavior.

Thriftylady 07:32 AM 10-09-2015
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Can I do a double like here? Parents need to get it together.
hope 07:55 AM 10-09-2015
I always wonder what happens to these kids in school. Do parents stop making excuses once a child is school aged? Do the parents continue to make excuses and the teachers just push them along never really learning social skills?
childcaremom 07:57 AM 10-09-2015
These will be the children whose parents call the school and complain when their little Susie gets in trouble. Yep, seen that a few times.
SilverSabre25 08:25 AM 10-09-2015
She's just so tantrumy lately! I know a lot of it is two and a half, but gosh, she's tough some days. And I have a feeling that her parents find it cute and give in. I'm starting to find her pouting borderline infuriating!

I just had to feed my own to kids a quick snack and pack them a lunch to send them off with my sister for a homeschool activity, and this dcg2 lost it... that I wasn't feeding her the food I was packing for them, that I fed them a snack (she wasn't supposed to see it, and I gave her some too when she saw it, but still, she YELLED at them for eating), then she yelled and cried that I let my daughter leave, that it wasn't her mommy, that she can't go too. ..

Smh. I forgot how awful 2.5 can be.
SilverSabre25 08:27 AM 10-09-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
These will be the children whose parents call the school and complain when their little Susie gets in trouble. Yep, seen that a few times.
I had one of these in my finger girl scout troop last year! "We can't do that activity but we'll do it in our own and the trip needs to buy us the patch. "

"We can't go to that activity because MY child's OTHER activities, you need to reschedule. Or schedule a second time slot when we can do it. "

"You need to accommodate my child's 101 allergies" then they don't show up to the meeting.
Heidi 11:50 AM 10-09-2015
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
She's just so tantrumy lately! I know a lot of it is two and a half, but gosh, she's tough some days. And I have a feeling that her parents find it cute and give in. I'm starting to find her pouting borderline infuriating!

I just had to feed my own to kids a quick snack and pack them a lunch to send them off with my sister for a homeschool activity, and this dcg2 lost it... that I wasn't feeding her the food I was packing for them, that I fed them a snack (she wasn't supposed to see it, and I gave her some too when she saw it, but still, she YELLED at them for eating), then she yelled and cried that I let my daughter leave, that it wasn't her mommy, that she can't go too. ..

Smh. I forgot how awful 2.5 can be.
I think we need to bring back the phrase "tough Chucky, kiddo!" followed by "now, go PLAY!" I just reinstituted signing loudly (and badly) "You can't always have what you waaannt" by the Rolling Stones.
auntymimi 12:58 PM 10-09-2015
Originally Posted by Heidi:
I think we need to bring back the phrase "tough Chucky, kiddo!" followed by "now, go PLAY!" I just reinstituted signing loudly (and badly) "You can't always have what you waaannt" by the Rolling Stones.
Haha, I do that all the time. I sing at my kiddos a lot, they think it's funny. "Why you gotta be so ruuuuuude!" But I'll change the lyrics to fit the situation "little girls with attituuuuuuude! You can't act that way in schoooool!" They will usually laugh and help me make up words. My dad did this with us growing up, he could only ever remember the chorus to songs so he would make up the rest to fit any particular situation. It's a game I've always enjoyed.
nannyde 01:19 PM 10-09-2015
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I mentioned to DCD yesterday that dcg2 was throwing sand and not obeying my role that the sandbox was closed (following am Incident with sand in the eyes), so I sat her on a chair beside me for a minute and she wad unhappy about it. This was shortly before pick up, so she was still grumping; she holds grudges.

His response was basically the title. "Oh she's so sensitive, we don't do anything like that. "

Yeah and she's TWO. Stop these behaviors NOW before she hits 3 and has a sibling...I didn't say that *exactly* but I thought it, and said something about I know she's sensitive, but throwing sand is a safety issue and I can't let that happen. If she doesn't stop after the first warning, I need to do something to prevent it from happening at all.

Grrr. Sensitivity is NO excuse for poor behavior. Being two is close to am excuse, because I know they can't help certain things. I get it. But really. She's getting downright defiant. She knows how to use that pout to great effect.
I'm sensitive too. When I come to a red light I want to speed through it. I don't like to wait. Maybe I could just tell the police man I can't be ticketed because I'm sensitive about paying fines and having a motor vehicle charge on my record.

Sigh

Every kid is "sensitive" about receiving a no and a consequence. Haven't met one that wasn't.
Unregistered 05:10 AM 10-15-2015
one of my parents taught their kids, "You get what you get, and you don't get upset."

AWESOME!!! I totally stole it, and now they all say (sing) it along with me.

I also have, "suck it up, buttercup" that my mom always told us kids...

Kids have to learn that it is not all about them, all the time. Stop spoiling them, people!
Unregistered 05:12 AM 10-15-2015
Oh, and their kids are the best behaved in my daycare!

Reply Up