Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-06-2019, 07:26 AM
gumdrops's Avatar
gumdrops gumdrops is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 161
Default Jealous

DCM works 3 long days/week and some weekends. She pays for a full time spot and DCG usually comes 4-5 days/week. I realized last week that they have a cleaning lady. My "cleaning lady" is a Roomba and a dishwasher I always thought she used the time off to get her cleaning done, run errands, get groceries, etc. Just figured out she also does grocery delivery.

What does she do all day while her kid is here??? She is an over-the-top "perfect" mom when it comes to birthday parties, classroom treats for her older kids, mommy day out, etc. Which irritates the H$!! out of me because that's blasted all over social media.

It really doesn't bother me that she sends her child when she's at home because she pays me for full time and doesn't always use all 5 days. I actually think I'm jealous that she can afford to pay for full time care, pay a cleaning lady and pay for grocery delivery. Where did I go wrong with my life
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-06-2019, 07:37 AM
Snowmom's Avatar
Snowmom Snowmom is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,594
Default

I do grocery delivery.

I use Coborn's Delivers. They have different kinds of delivery passes available and they went on sale this past September. I bought a year of delivery services for $50. Basically, I can order online whenever I want, how often I want- as long as my order totals $50 or more, I have free delivery for the next day. Plus, I write off the pass on my taxes since it's related to daycare.
It's awesome.
They don't want you to tip drivers either. Lots of good weekly specials and they take coupons. Win win.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-06-2019, 08:33 AM
Ariana's Avatar
Ariana Ariana is online now
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,832
Default

I guess she spends all of her time doing things that donít matter, like pretending she is a perfect mom for her social media audience instead of actually being a good mom by hanging out with her kid.

You have absolutely nothing to be jealous of. These kinds of people are not good people
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-06-2019, 09:10 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumdrops View Post
DCM works 3 long days/week and some weekends. She pays for a full time spot and DCG usually comes 4-5 days/week. I realized last week that they have a cleaning lady. My "cleaning lady" is a Roomba and a dishwasher I always thought she used the time off to get her cleaning done, run errands, get groceries, etc. Just figured out she also does grocery delivery.

What does she do all day while her kid is here??? She is an over-the-top "perfect" mom when it comes to birthday parties, classroom treats for her older kids, mommy day out, etc. Which irritates the H$!! out of me because that's blasted all over social media.

It really doesn't bother me that she sends her child when she's at home because she pays me for full time and doesn't always use all 5 days. I actually think I'm jealous that she can afford to pay for full time care, pay a cleaning lady and pay for grocery delivery. Where did I go wrong with my life
I had a similar option when my own kiddos were younger but I chose a way of earning income that included quality time with my kids verses a fat wallet. You can always earn more money but you can never earn more time.

I "get" your point though and understand but just smile big every time this DCM drops her kiddo off at daycare.

Remember she is throwing away alot of precious time with her child that she'll never get back and I would much rather my children have memories of time with me instead of 3 million "" on a perfect social media page.

I feel sorry for parents like that.

I am jealous of the "ideal" life she tries to portray on FB but we (providers) all now that is nothing more than a mirage.

She is telling others she is a "good" mother while you are showing others that you are.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-06-2019, 10:32 AM
Mike's Avatar
Mike Mike is offline
starting daycare someday
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I chose a way of earning income that included quality time with my kids verses a fat wallet. You can always earn more money but you can never earn more time.

So true. I guess to some people, time with their kiddos isn't what they want in life, or they are satisfied with what they do spend with them. I knew a few people like that.
__________________
Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
They are also our future.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Pestle's Avatar
Pestle Pestle is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,626
Default

I'm using grocery delivery and paying someone to clean and I still can't keep up. Some of us are just really really bad at keeping it together and, if this mom is working evenings and weekends, I feel bad for her because she has fewer opportunities for bedtime interactions with her kid and social and spiritual experiences in her community. But then I feel bad for myself because I would like more money. Oodles of money. I'd like to be the idle rich, actually. Exactly this idle, actually.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-06-2019, 05:33 PM
Leigh's Avatar
Leigh Leigh is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumdrops View Post
DCM works 3 long days/week and some weekends. She pays for a full time spot and DCG usually comes 4-5 days/week. I realized last week that they have a cleaning lady. My "cleaning lady" is a Roomba and a dishwasher I always thought she used the time off to get her cleaning done, run errands, get groceries, etc. Just figured out she also does grocery delivery.

What does she do all day while her kid is here??? She is an over-the-top "perfect" mom when it comes to birthday parties, classroom treats for her older kids, mommy day out, etc. Which irritates the H$!! out of me because that's blasted all over social media.

It really doesn't bother me that she sends her child when she's at home because she pays me for full time and doesn't always use all 5 days. I actually think I'm jealous that she can afford to pay for full time care, pay a cleaning lady and pay for grocery delivery. Where did I go wrong with my life
I save a LOT of money by using grocery delivery. I no longer add things to my cart that aren't on my list (I'm very guilty of this in the produce aisle-I see bell peppers, think I will make fajitas sometime soon, spend $18 on peppers and then forget that I bought them. I buy too much lettuce all the time, etc.). My store delivers for free, and my grocery bill went from $350-$400/week to around $200/week because I now plan meals so that I can make a grocery list to order for the week.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-06-2019, 05:36 PM
ColorfulSunburst's Avatar
ColorfulSunburst ColorfulSunburst is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bronx, New York
Posts: 643
Default

in fact, both of these services are not expensive but save to you a lot of time.
We just start using food delivery from Fairway. It is such a great saving of our time (and money too)))
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-06-2019, 05:38 PM
ColorfulSunburst's Avatar
ColorfulSunburst ColorfulSunburst is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bronx, New York
Posts: 643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
I save a LOT of money by using grocery delivery. I no longer add things to my cart that aren't on my list (I'm very guilty of this in the produce aisle-I see bell peppers, think I will make fajitas sometime soon, spend $18 on peppers and then forget that I bought them. I buy too much lettuce all the time, etc.). My store delivers for free, and my grocery bill went from $350-$400/week to around $200/week because I now plan meals so that I can make a grocery list to order for the week.
exactly!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-07-2019, 04:22 AM
gumdrops's Avatar
gumdrops gumdrops is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 161
Default

Looks like I need to look into grocery delivery!

It still doesn't make sense why she can't keep her kid home some when she's off!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:04 AM
boy_mom's Avatar
boy_mom boy_mom is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 209
Default

I had a mom like that, her son was with me for 3.5 years. She worked very, very part time for her dads company, but he was the first one dropped off and the last one picked up, Monday through Friday. Every year both parents would take a week off together and they never even picked him up early from care!

I understand how you feel. As much as I would tell myself not to think about it, shes paying for a spot so it doesn't matter what she does with her time it's hard not to get annoyed/jealous/sad for the kid at times.

I like a PP said - this time will fly by. As much as I would love days all to myself, I am so glad I had that time with my kids when they were young! It's something I wouldn't trade for the world, especially now that they are both getting older!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:27 AM
amberrose3dg's Avatar
amberrose3dg amberrose3dg is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy_mom View Post
I had a mom like that, her son was with me for 3.5 years. She worked very, very part time for her dads company, but he was the first one dropped off and the last one picked up, Monday through Friday. Every year both parents would take a week off together and they never even picked him up early from care!

I understand how you feel. As much as I would tell myself not to think about it, shes paying for a spot so it doesn't matter what she does with her time it's hard not to get annoyed/jealous/sad for the kid at times.

I like a PP said - this time will fly by. As much as I would love days all to myself, I am so glad I had that time with my kids when they were young! It's something I wouldn't trade for the world, especially now that they are both getting older!
It is the parent that is missing out on that time. When I have a day off or my son is out of school I make the most of that time. Sadly there are parents that
for whatever reason don't view that time as special or important. I had a kid that was here full-time and parents had usually 2 days off during the week. They worked weekends. Sadly the boy was with me or a relative and spent very little time with parents. My husband said "what do they want to get to know him when he grows up." I would not be jealous of this type of parent and actually feel sorry for them.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:52 AM
Ms.Kay's Avatar
Ms.Kay Ms.Kay is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New York
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg View Post
It is the parent that is missing out on that time. When I have a day off or my son is out of school I make the most of that time. Sadly there are parents that
for whatever reason don't view that time as special or important. I had a kid that was here full-time and parents had usually 2 days off during the week. They worked weekends. Sadly the boy was with me or a relative and spent very little time with parents. My husband said "what do they want to get to know him when he grows up." I would not be jealous of this type of parent and actually feel sorry for them.
Sadly...these are the majority of the parents I have had over the last 5-8 yrs.I have a mom that drops kid off after preschool...for 90 min. I watch her drive back home....so sad she doesn't take that opportunity..even once a week...to spend girl time together!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:59 AM
Baby Beluga's Avatar
Baby Beluga Baby Beluga is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 3,868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
She is telling others she is a "good" mother while you are showing others that you are.


One of the greatest lessons in life I have learned:

Those who shout from the mountain tops who they are, what they do and what they have...usually don't do or have any of what they are claiming to.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-07-2019, 07:18 AM
amberrose3dg's Avatar
amberrose3dg amberrose3dg is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga View Post


One of the greatest lessons in life I have learned:

Those who shout from the mountain tops who they are, what they do and what they have...usually don't do or have any of what they are claiming to.
This
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-07-2019, 10:47 AM
KayB's Avatar
KayB KayB is offline
New Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestle View Post
I'm using grocery delivery and paying someone to clean and I still can't keep up. Some of us are just really really bad at keeping it together and, if this mom is working evenings and weekends, I feel bad for her because she has fewer opportunities for bedtime interactions with her kid and social and spiritual experiences in her community. But then I feel bad for myself because I would like more money. Oodles of money. I'd like to be the idle rich, actually. Exactly this idle, actually.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jealous

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Don't Want to Make Anyone Jealous Josiegirl Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 4 05-11-2016 01:01 PM
Jealous much? Unregistered Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 6 08-08-2013 07:30 AM
My Daughter Is So Jealous... Help!? Lkurtyak Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 5 07-22-2013 12:29 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:25 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming